Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Marriage & babies *please help*

sehs74sehs74 Posts: 14 New Member
I made a large family and decided to move a grown son out so he could find love and get married. Well, he met someone and their relationship progressed along nicely. They are expecting a baby together, but there is still no option to get married. How long does that take?

What's worse is, the family back at home had a baby and I wasn't there to see it, name it or anything so the computer named it for me. Tawanda. That is not what I had planned to name this baby and now I don't know how to change it. I like the game, I think, for the most part, but this is driving me insane. I like being IN CONTROL of the game, but with sims 3, there is very little control unless you only play one family forever, but that would be too boring. *sigh*

Comments

• Options
    SeshanSeshan Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Try harder, I have gotten married with in 20 min of try(probably closer to 10 min) and that's from just meeting them. Just do a lot of the romantic stuff and make sure they are in a good mood.
  • Options
    melcelestial83melcelestial83 Posts: 112 Member
    edited June 2009
    sehs74 wrote:
    I made a large family and decided to move a grown son out so he could find love and get married. Well, he met someone and their relationship progressed along nicely. They are expecting a baby together, but there is still no option to get married. How long does that take?

What's worse is, the family back at home had a baby and I wasn't there to see it, name it or anything so the computer named it for me. Tawanda. That is not what I had planned to name this baby and now I don't know how to change it. I like the game, I think, for the most part, but this is driving me insane. I like being IN CONTROL of the game, but with sims 3, there is very little control unless you only play one family forever, but that would be too boring. *sigh*

I think when Tawanda is kinda grown enough, she could go to the city hall and get the option to rename herself (click on the building, it's there :D)

As for the marriage option, did you romance his partner until she finds him 'extremely irresistible'? The option should pop up, but it tends to be random so you might miss the cycle when you line out the interaction beforehand.

Otherwise, it could be a bug.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Faith15Faith15 Posts: 80 New Member
    edited June 2009
    How can you make your sims move out?
  • Options
    TomkatTomkat Posts: 86 Member
    edited June 2009
    Exactly. The love interactions take LOT of work. You have to get them in the mood (so to speak) with a lot of flirting and have a real good mood for both. It is a bit strange that they can have a string of kids and woohoos without even being able to 'kiss' without hard labor, but hey.. who are we to judge? this is supposed to reflect real life after all :D
  • Options
    StitchedUpAppleStitchedUpApple Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You can take a sim to city hall to change their name. =^-^=