Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Viper Valley and The Apocalypse Challenge

Comments

• mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Seeds vs Produce ... Seeds are not food. Produce is food. You can eat any normal produce out of your inventory, such as an apple, a potato, etc.

Only the sim attempting to clear the Amazing Naturalist restriction can collect seeds or go fishing or grow a garden. Period. If you are given seeds because of being in the science career, or given produce because of being in the culinary career, get it off your sim by midnight of the day you got it. Either put it down somewhere in your 8x8 (if you haven't cleared politics yet) area or into the fridge or a storage chest.

Ghosts and Ghost Hunters - if you do not own Ambitions, you can't do the Ghost Hunter profession in order to clear that restriction and so you have to do the alternate rules to clear it. Your sim who is attempting to clear Ghostly Restriction is the only one allowed to interact w/ the ghosts.

Athletic... 1 exception ... uhm, I don't remember what i was thinking LOL! I'll have to get back with you on that!

Oh, to update - I am sorry, I DO play on normal aging. I was thinking short lifespan. My mistake in misinterpretation there.

God Bless,
    mik
    edited January 2011
    Update ...

I am in process of making a new neighborhood for the Late Night expansion. While it won't be the wasteland that Viper Valley is, it will still be appropriate for this challenge as it won't be terribly lush. There will be fewer residential lots available to give you room to place your own as well as some high rise/penthouse options for housing. As far as clubs, lounges and bars, I will be fairly minimal in the lots it is released with, but I will make lots FOR the neighborhood available on the exchange if you don't want to build your own or import from Bridgeport.

When I release the new neighborhood, I will also release an update to the challenge rules to reflect Late Night.

With any luck, by the time I've got this ready to go, EA will have fixed the issue with sim moods. It's MURDER trying to keep my founder happy right now (starting and testing new rules). Every time he enters a car or goes to work his mood goes from high green to fully miserable. It is a known bug, but it significantly impacts ability to play this challenge.

At the moment, I am thinking it is allowable to put yourself on aging off and to re-get your job as many times as it takes to get through it for your founder. A game altering bug like this makes the challenge impossible if not for a work around, you know?

The thing with Late Night ... I need to decide when to add in bars and clubs. After Military for sure, but before business and political? Should 1 dive bar in the N-hood be put in that follows the building rules be ok? I am thinking so - it would allow for some meeting of other sims.

Anyway - wanted to let everyone know what was up. I don't have a release date on the new N-hood yet, so I am open to requests for certain things :)

God Bless,
    mik
  • lehdkatlehdkat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited January 2011
    I was reading through the challenges, and I noticed you had a Monk quote for the super sleuth. You are officially a legend :mrgreen:
    I also made myself a neighbour hood for this challenge a while ago with CAW, and I have now got ambitions, but my neighbour hood has no space for the ambitions lots. Should I just ignore the new challenges for Ambitions and follow the older WA version?
    edited January 2011
    You can do one of two things. The first, of course, is to ignore the Ambitions specific rules and finish out the challenge within the current limitations of your neighborhood.

The second thing you can do, if you decide you WANT to include ambitions, is to combine rabbit holes on lots. For example, you can put Hogan's diner on the same lot as the criminal building, you can put the school and the science center on the same lot, you can use the new City Hall that came with LN for Politics, Military and Police, and you can use the new business building for business and the bistro. That will free up 5 lots for re-purposing. If you don't have LN yet, you can still stick the police department on the same lot as the smaller town hall along with the military base (if the lot is 64x64 to begin with), and the bistro with the business building. Doubling up on some of your rabbit holes can give you the needed lots to re-purpose. All you REALLY need are two lots for the fire station and the salon, any way, since the challenge does not specifically require the junk yard, the consignment store, the hangout or the laundromat. Essentially, if you replace your current town hall with the one from Bridgeport, you will have your two lots (Military and Police).

I hope that helps a little :)

God Bless,
    mik

(P.S. I love Mr. Monk :D )
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited January 2011
    The WIKI is up :)

http://s3ac.wikia.com/

It's easier to maintain and edit in that form than on the boards. I will work on polishing it up more later, alphebetizing the career list, updating the FAQ etc. I must say I am liking how it looks so far, as a first draft wiki :D

God Bless,
    mik
  • reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited January 2011
    I almost ALWAYS clear military first - just because everyone gets all cabin fever on me and I can't do things like get skill books to help them out till I do.

Three questions:

1) Don't you need business lifted before buying skill books, not military?

2) How can you pick which career you want to do first if the rules state this:
    The founder must take the first job in the paper on the day they move into the lot. They may not quit this job if they see another job they prefer as the first option on subsequent days They have to keep this job till they reach level 10 in it or they are fired, they are late to work (it's cheating to be late on purpose so you can look for a new job) or they have to quit because they reach elder and their body is not at skill level 10.

3) Also, are you sure you did this on normal lifespan? I've tried it with medical, science & professional sports and cannot reach the top of their career path before they become elder (and become uncontrollable per the Comforting Children restriction). And I'm in no way a newbie simmer. :mrgreen:

Thanks,
    Reni

P.S. - The world is awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)
    edited January 2011
    Three questions:

1) Don't you need business lifted before buying skill books, not military?

2) How can you pick which career you want to do first if the rules state this:
    The founder must take the first job in the paper on the day they move into the lot. They may not quit this job if they see another job they prefer as the first option on subsequent days They have to keep this job till they reach level 10 in it or they are fired, they are late to work (it's cheating to be late on purpose so you can look for a new job) or they have to quit because they reach elder and their body is not at skill level 10.

3) Also, are you sure you did this on normal lifespan? I've tried it with medical, science & professional sports and cannot reach the top of their career path before they become elder (and become uncontrollable per the Comforting Children restriction). And I'm in no way a newbie simmer.

Thanks,
    Reni

P.S. - The world is awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us.

1. Skill books - both actually. You can't leave the house until Military is lifted so you can't go buy the books. You can't buy the books until Journalism is lifted.

2. I've been tightening up the rules a bit after reading Pinstar's updated for Sims 2 rules (updated for all ep's). I'm trying to stay as much in character with his challenge as I can. It makes things a bit more interesting, though.

3. Yes, I do this on normal life span - and it's a close cut. If you age to elder before you can father (or give birth to) your heir, the challenge ends a you get to start over. It sucks, but there it is. I think the only job NOT capable of doing this in is probably Film, because it is heavily dependent on your fame.

And you are welcome - I am very glad you have enjoyed Viper Valley :) I'm in process of making a new world updated to Outdoor Living Stuff. I can't give you an ETA for it, but I'm working on it consistently and I hope it will be even better than Viper Valley :)

And from another poster who messaged me her questions ...
    OniMux wrote:
    Hi!
    Ok, first of all, thank you for accepting me a friend. =)
    I keep getting the 404 when I try to post a comment close to the 2000 characters here, so I am going to make shorter comments.
    I keep getting the "your code is not valid" message; I bought a used game, so that makes sense, but I cant post in the forums. So I will ask my questions to Viper Valley here, I hope that is ok. You could post my questions and your answers to them in your discussion thread about the Viper Valley AC, if you like, so others can read them, too.

So here are some questions:
    *) From Hopelessness: "You may not buy ANY wishes with points at all." What does it mean? Am I not allowed to PROMISE any wishes (so as to get points from them) or just no buying any LTR (they ALL are restricted, by the other restrictions anyway)?

You may promise wishes to fulfill just like normal, but you may not purchase any Lifetime Rewards with LTR Points at all until Hopelessness is lifted. And then, each of the LTR items are governed by their various restrictions.

*) The "you may only choose the first job in the paper" rule is contained both in the Journalism AND the Master Thief restriction. Was that intentionally?
    *) If so, what have I gained by lifting (only, first one!) the Journalism restriction? Just the ability to write books and read the paper? I cant buy (skill) books yet, because of business and military, cant go to the library (military again) and non-skill books were "banned" to the family inventory.

That is correct - books are a precious commodity and you don't have much access to them at all. You can't buy books or write books or read non-skill books until journalism is lifted. It's sucky, but there it is. Life in the aftermath.

You CAN get promoted without getting certain skills all the way up - it requires working hard. In some cases, you can gain those skills while you work (practice cooking in culinary, practice writing in journalism, independent research in science etc).

There are several restrictions that can't be lifted with just one job. Journalism = the newspaper being published = it's basically a 1 page leaflet. Master Thief = unfair labor practices and employers being skimpy with what they post.

In the case of can't do gardening before science is lifted - that is an absolute. There aren't any specialized seeds to start experimenting with or specially formulated growing mediums developed until a gifted scientist rises to the top.

As far as what you have lifted with journalism - the ability to keep your sims entertained easier with non-skill books, the ability to go to the library and even READ skill books for that matter (think that is restricted till journalism is cleared - gotta look again), the ability, once business restrictions are lifted, to purchase books from the book store and the ability to write your own novels.

This is meant to be a hard challenge :)

*) The savegame of Vipervalley (+ 50 random Sims) starts on Week 2, day 1. Just FYI, in case somebody keeps track of time via the game clock build in calendar. =)

interesting. I had not thought it took me so long to construct it.
    More questions:
    *)I dont have Ambition add on yet! I downloaded your NH Viper Valley, and when I first went there, the game told me that objects were missing and that they were replaced. (I do have a lot of green trees I wouldnt expect in a postapocalyptic NH, but I dont mind about them.) Do I have to expect any serious bugs because of maybe buildings/lots that come from "Ambitions", or is the NH fully functional with WA, too?

First of all - NH? I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed sometimes - what do you mean by NH?

Second - Most of the lots that came w/ Ambitions were left intentionally blank on purpose because you, the player, are to rebuild them. The Fire Station does have a fire engine on it and the fire pole - those things may just not show at all. The junk yard might just show up as an empty lot. But the consignment store, the salon and the hang out are just blank lots with a basement and very little else. I may have put the stylist station and the tatoo station in the salon. I think at most, they just won't be there.

Third - I really don't know if you will have bugs. I'm surprised it replaced trees. I used the barren trees in CAW. The world was made without any CC, so that really shouldn't be an issue for you.

*) There are careers (I can think of science) that dont have much chances of success without other restrictions lifted first. (How can you even GET the gardening/fishing skills, when not allowed to garden/fish, no skill books, no classes and no TV?) Maybe you should write some exceptions for cases like this in your "first job of the paper rule"? (I think it would be very frustrating to get the science career as first one, you'd never get a partner and die unloved and having spent your sim-life trying in vain...)

Yes, there are careers that are very dependent on other things. However, you can reach the top of the science career track (or any other career track for that matter) without ever cracking a book on gardening or watching the gardening channel or planting a single seed - before your sim is too old to marry and have an heir. You choose Work Hard as much as you can and you schmooze your boss and co-workers to work up those relationships and you can do it. I did it with a sim who's only gardening gains came with working in science and not from anything extraneous she did.
    Or maybe you could go for another restriction with that particular Sim like Master painter or the Amazing Naturalist (ok, problem with the skills again!) that is not carrer- based? but that would still leave the problem with the hoplelessness restriction in case your founder got the science carrer...

The way the challenge is structured, you have to do a lot of the classic careers first. You can't be self employed until Master Thief is lifted, you can't sell anything until Business is lifted, you can't go out amongst the neighborhood until Military is lifted. There is an exception for the no selling rule - to Amazing Naturalist, you have to sell both produce and fish. I wrote into the rules that you are "selling to the science facility" so they can "experiment on what you have brought them. That is the only exception that I can think of at the time, however.

It means that gardening probably won't be the first thing you do, nor will inventing (science restricted) or painting (selling restricted) or writing novels (journalism and business restricted). It also means that the Ambitions careers are going to have to wait at LEAST until Military is lifted and you can go do your detective or stylist or architect thing. And if politics and business are not lifted - you can only place 2 panels of wall or paint 2 panels of wall or place 1 stairs and a door, or buy 2 decorative objects. If athletics aren't lifted, you can't move anything bigger than 1 square. You get the picture.

Basically - this challenge is supposed to be very difficult if you follow the rules as written. It is your game, however, and if you want to amend the rules a bit - that's up to you. But to complete the challenge without breaking the spirit of the rules is no easy feat. The challenge I am currently playing - my 2nd generation got taken by the child protective services and that was it, because my heir's wife was past childbearing years and he had 2 days, at most 3 before he was going to die AND everyone in his friends panel was either on their death bed or too old to reproduce, and none of them were friend status so I could swing by and pick them up anyway. I had to quit w/o saving and start up again. I only lost 2 sim weeks, but it was a pain, none the less.

God Bless,
    mik

edited February 2011
    Ok, I've done a bit of play testing tonight and I've come up with a way to make science a bit easier, and so you can meet folks on the very first day (for some reason, the welcome wagon skips my house :/)

I'll get these posted on the Wiki tomorrow.

1. On the very first day your challenge founder is in the world, you can do one of two things to determine their job. The first is to wait for the paper and take the first listed job. The second is roll a 6-sided dice or go online and find a random number generator that will give you a random number between 1 and 6. You can choose which job in that roll you take. You can only roll once.

1 - Athletic or Education
    2 - Business or Journalism
    3 - Military, Police or Politics
    4 - Criminal or Culinary
    5 - Film or Music
    6 - Hospital or Science

Example - If you roll a 3, you can chose between Military, Police or Politics.

You may only use this method of job determination for the founder. All other spouses and heirs must get their job from the paper or walking to the building(after military is lifted)

2. After you have determined your job, on the first day of the challenge and the first day ONLY, you are allowed to go the book store and buy any 3 skill books you like. Keep in mind that you can only have 3 items in your inventory at any given time. You do not have to sell these skill books back each week when you make your protection payments, but if you don't take them out of the book shelf before IT gets sold, your books WILL be stuck in your family inventory for the remainder of the challenge. (The books are manuals given by the government to help the citizenry survive the hardships ahead).

3. You are allowed to wander through town and meet other sims on this first day (resident orientation and organization) but you HAVE to be back on your lot and indoors by 6pm, before the sun goes down.

I am thinking of changing the starting money rule and make it so you have to buy a 64x64 lot that hasn't had it's value inflated. I thought about this with the pre-built "depreciated" lots and it makes more sense. With buying the skill books and buying a car, I didn't have much moola for housing and I had to be a bit creative. If you start a new challenge in Viper Valley, you can chose to buldoze one of the existing challenge lots and replace it with a fresh 64x64 that hasn't had it's value tweaked OR you can place a 64x64 elsewhere in the neighborhood.

If I do this, the "3 items brought back from vacation" rule is going to go away. The purpose of the "3 items" rule was to give you some things that you wouldn't have gotten otherwise that could be of help. However, with making it so you can buy skill books on day 1, there's your three items, and making it come out of your building funds whittles your available money down quite nicely.

One more thing - About the current mood/bed bug. There are a couple of ways to handle this.

1. keep watch and make sure your sim never gets the fully rested moodlet. Wake them up before they are fully rested. If you fail to do this, you can log out to main menu and then back in to avoid the bug (which surely sucks ... yes it does).

2. Take matters in your own hands and download the hack/patch that's mentioned on MTS3.

3. Hope tomorrow's patch for the game addresses the issue and fixes it.

I'm really hoping that #3 is what happens. I don't like to install mods or hacks, and EA really should be more on top of this one, rather than fiddle farting around and letting the community fix their game.

That's all I have for this evening. I'll post some more tomorrow and answer some more questions I got in PM then. I'll also amend Da Rules on the wiki to reflect these changes. I could use feed back from you guys, though. Do you think these changes are in keeping with the spirit of the challenge?

God Bless,
    mik
    edited February 2011
    OniMux wrote:
    More questions:
    *) You write that only the heir (and their spouses and their offspring) can lift restrictions. Who is the heir? Has it got to be the oldest offspiring, or can I choose one of the founders children?

Additionally: My founder has two kids (so far) and it is much tempting to lift the comforting children restriction with one and afterward declare the other one heir, so they can continue the legacy (and both they and their spouse can work on [clearing] more restrictions). But I assume that would be cheating, right?

It depends on what you decide at the beginning of the challenge how the legacy is going to progress. If you read Pinstar's Legacy Challenge, you can decide to do a patriarchy, a matriarchy or a first child only legacy progression. Patriarchy - only males can inherit. Matriarchy - only females can inherit.

OR you can play it so that the first child to find a spouse becomes the heir, regardless of birth order or gender. That IS a bit easier, since your sim who clears comforting children may not get out and meet many folks. If you are doing a strict legacy progression of eldest living child inherits, then just make sure the spare is the one who clears comforting children.

Keep in mind, however, that clearing a restriction does NOT restrict a sim from obtaining a regular job once they reach adulthood. They just can't clear any other restrictions. So the sim who cleared comforting children CAN get a job and work and meet a potential mate, but they can't lift anything else.

Basically, all that to say, play it like you want, but stay consistent from generation to generation.

*) At "comforting children" it says you cant control elders. Does that cover indirect control, too. Like when you use the spouse to ask them to clean up or wohoo with them, is that ok or not? Also, since my elder still goes to work, can I still switch his "what am I doing at the job" menu (like take it easy or work hard) or is that forbidden, too?

You can issue the elder orders by having controllable sims in the house hold direct them - like call them for meals, woohoo, clean the house and the like. You simply may not issue them any direct commands yourself.

As far as what they do at work ... I need to think about that a little. I may make it so your only options on ANY sim are to work hard or skill build or relationship build. They can't slack off, sleep at work or do business as usual. I have got to decide what fits the spirit of the challenge best. If anyone has input on this, I would love to hear it.

Aynway, thank you vey much for making the challenge, the NH and the save game, putting all this stuff on at wiki and answering to questions and problems so promptly. You give so much joy!

(And thanks to Ashleigh for her challenge, too. At the time I played it, I wasnt registered at all, so I couldnt even write comments. Sorry for off topic.)

Ahh thanks, OniMux :) I'm glad you are enjoying it all. As for the challenge, I've only adapted the rules. The challenge has always been the brain child of Pinstar, since he wrote the original version for Sims 2. I can't take any credit for it. I can only try to be a good steward of the challenge going forward :)

God Bless,
    mik
    edited February 2011
    Here are more questions - love it, getting a good FAQ going here :)
    *) Ok, so your sims cant leave the lot they live on AT ALL until military is lifted. But if you have military lifted and International Super Spy ahs not cleared yet, you are not allowed to leave home ALONE. But the Syltist (or in my case - no Ambitions, no Night Life - the Symphonic) restriction states that you cant "go here with ..." until you have lifted it. So how am I supposed to take a family member or friend with me? Or do I have to wait at home (except for work) until at least two of the three mentioned restrictions (military AND super spy or military AND stylist/Symphonic musician) are lifted?

Good question and one I need to think through (see, this is why I need some play testers to help me spot things like this :P)

This should only apply to sims outside the family (ie, you can only "go here with" someone from the household).

Also, it is children who cannot go into the neighborhood alone - adults, this should not apply to.

Thank you for spotting that.

*) in your reply to my questions you mention something about "science has to be cleared before you start any gardening at all" (experimental seeds/fertilizer/whatever) , and write something about that being absolute. Im sorry, but I could not find any mention of this in the wiki. Have I overlooked it, or have you forgotten to put it in there?

Once again, a good question.

In the original challenge, being able to garden required that music be lifted. I may go back to that to keep things straight.

Also, here is what I was basing it off of, but it really dosn't make it exclusive. This is a direct quote from The Amazing Naturalist section
    NOTES: The sim attempting to lift this restriction must work gardening and fishing up to level 10 before they are allowed to garden OR fish, using books, the TV or classes once their governing restrictions have been lifted. In order to lift this restriction, not only must the sim in question be level 10 in those two skills, they must grow a perfect garden and present the perfect aquarium. This sim MAY be self employed as an angler or gardener. Assume that the fish and vegetables are being sold to the science lab for experimental purposes.

*) On your fresh ideas about being able to buy 3 books and meet other sims on the first day: I like it very much. I happen to have chosen a lot as home where no Sim ever seems to walk by, and yes the welcome wagon didnt show either. Also I have long wished to get books as the 3 "bought back" items, but I didnt see how I could make that possible (in game technical problems), because books are much mor help than e.g. a camera (which you cant use anyway until XY is cleared) or a shower in a can (lasts only one time)...

In the game I'm doing some play testing in, I made a community lot that is the government influx center. I put in a book register and deleted the book store out of the neighborhood and the grocery store too (they can be rebuilt after business and politics are lifted. I am thinking about saying that once a week, you are required to go there for safety briefings. It is open on Sundays from 7am to 5pm and you have to be back at your lot by 5. That is a challenge for me because i always lose track of time LOL.

*) Does the paper boy/girl count as service sim? Because you aren't allowed to marry them in nor befriend them (the latter until Super Spy is cleared)

Yes. They are. So is the Mail carrier.

I've not decided yet about merchants, stylists and tatoo artists, though, as they don't come from the pool of NPC sims the game creates, rather they come straight out of your neighborhood from the pool of regular sims.

Also, one minor note about the wiki: without ambitions and Nite life I dont have any "film" careers avaliable. Now I dont know in which add-on they were introduced, but maybe you could put a note about that in the beginning with all the other rule changes, depending on which add-on you have. (Like the one with the ghosts instead of the ghost hunter career if you dont have ambitions.)

Film was a Night Life addition. I have not got things amended yet to that point.

What I need to do is a re-write with the BASE GAME rules in mind and then do like Pinstar did and put in Expansion related changes in different colors.

An update on the normal age thing. I played a sim getting a job in education and I could not get her promotions fast enough. She aged out of the challenge before she reached level 10.

SO, here's the amendment. When you start your challenge, put your game on aging on/long life (190 days). As soon as you marry your founder to their spouse and you father/give birth to your first child, reset aging to normal (90 days) and leave it there for the remainder of the challenge.

It is taking over 40 days for most careers to get to level 10, which makes the challenge impossible unless you are extraordinarily lucky. You can do it with Culinary, Athletics and Military (I've done it with all three - by the skin of my teeth) but other careers do not come so easily.

Why do I say set it to normal lifespan as soon as the first generation has been born? because I don't think anyone wants to play with the infant and toddler stages taking up a full two weeks game time.

God Bless,
    mik
  • Clairezy018Clairezy018 Posts: 980 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Just started this always been a fan of The Apocalypse challenge I played it back on the sims 2 game. This looks really great so far. My founder seems to be doing okay no death yet or green stink plumes (got to love those inappropriate sponge baths ;))

However, I have a question the rule about how you have to take the first job in the newspaper. I don't get why you added that. I don't think it's in keeping with Pinstar's rules. Did you add it because once you unlock military you can just go to wherever you want and get your job there, making the newspaper obsolete? Just wondering because I liked being able to pick which jobs I unlocked first it added another element of strategy rather than just chance.

But really great job I've really enjoyed playing with your rules
    edited February 2011
    I have a question the rule about how you have to take the first job in the newspaper. I don't get why you added that. I don't think it's in keeping with Pinstar's rules.

Actually, it's straight out of Pinstar's rules for TS2AC, as per the original journalism restriction. I didn't actually have it in my rules to begin with :)

http://apocalypsechallenge.boolprop.com/FreeTime%20Apocalypse.html
    When Sims use the paper to Look for Job, they may only select the first of the three jobs that appears in the paper that day. The 2nd and 3rd jobs may not be taken.

In my rules, once Military is unlocked, you may go to the venue you want a job at and take a job there. You are no longer restricted to using just the paper, or the computer(if you have science unlocked early). It's one of the perks of clearing Military.

One of the new rules that I will be implementing is that instead of using the newspaper to find the job for your founder, you may use a 6 sided dice and roll which job you take as per the list I will publish. That will actually give you a bit more choice out of the starting gate as there are 13 rabbit hole careers (if you have LN and Amb. - 11 otherwise). There are at least 2 choices for each roll. You may only do this for your founder. Everyone else gets a craps shoot until Military is cleared.

I am glad you are enjoying the challenge. Right now, I'm trying to tighten things up.

After a few days of play testing - aging WILL be set on long because it's taking an average of 40 days to level up in any given career. Even the easy ones. It should NOT take so long. You should be able to get 2 promotions a week at a minimum, even with being stinky and hungry, but it's not happening.

Before I got NL, I could do it, but ever since, my sims' moods have been glitchy at best. And then there's the bed/mood bug and until EA has that fixed, I will allow two of the higher end beds - just to avoid being shagged by that poor error trapping.

I am tightening things up a bit in order to get NL changes added. I will release a new challenge world with the amended rules.

Ok I do want y'all's opinion on this - one of the things that has been a concern is that before Military is lifted, you can't go to the grave yard and manage the dead.

Do you think it would be better to put in a small grave yard just off the challenge lot (like a 10 x 15 lot) and make it a small grave yard and then the legacy sims can go there and manage the dead and the tomb stones HAVE to be placed somewhere on the challenge lot? Or should we just allow sims to go to the grave yard proper, manage the dead and place them there regardless of the military restriction. I'm leaning toward an exception to the military restrictions.

If you want plenty of ghosts in your grave yard, you have to have those tomb stones. I'm not sure they are available for management after the friend of the dead sims in question is also dead. If subsequent generations did not know the individual who's tombstone needs to be placed, I think it just disappears from the list. Does anyone know?

Also, since the welcome wagon seems to be entirely broken - it's random weather I'll get welcomed into the neighborhood or not - I am considering making it so that if you live across the street from another family, you can cross the street to socialize with them, or go to the neighbor on either side of you. If you live somewhere there are no neighbors, you are sol.

OR I could make it so there is ONE specific lot you are allowed to visit one time per week for a few hours -like noon to 3pm. Something like the Sims Indoctrination Acadamy, or some such - and it would be a large park. You can go and meet a few sims, but you can only visit it on Sunday afternoon for 3 hours. If I do this, then the Mausoleum will be moved onto that lot and managing the dead will be part of visiting that lot once per sim week. They need proper burials, you know ...

Telephones - as per the original rules, you could only make telephone calls or chat online from noon to midnight on Tuesdays. Since the phone dosn't build nearly as much relationship in TS3 as it did in TS2, I'm thinking of entirely ditching those rules. If you want to make friends with the phone, you have to call 3 times a day every day for two weeks to get friend status. Who wants that? Rather, the phone is a device used to keep friends from becoming not friends, and as such, I think sims should not be restricted in chatting with other sims at will. However, online activity will be limited as per Pin's slacker rules.

God Bless,
    mik
    edited February 2011
    More questions from Ominux ...
    Hi again!
    *) on the age/lifespan thing: I didnt find anything about that in the wiki at all, maybe you could write it REALLY BIG AND BOLD, so no-one cen overlook it. (I chose "long" btw, and I am going to stick to it, I think, even though the two weeks of baby/toddler suck a lot. ;) )

It is in the rules to have lifespan on normal, and prior to Late Night it was possible to complete the challenge with aging there. But right now it isn't because there are various bugs on sims' moods and it's taking a sim week or longer to get ONE promotion - I think they are putting a lot of weight on the new celebrity status and it's borking other things.

*) a Question about phones/mobile phones: In science restriction it says that the cell phones are gloryfied walky talkies, and that you could only call other sims you are friend with or work to quit with them. Can you call other people (like aquaintences) on the ONE wall or table phone you are allowed, as usual?

You can call acquaintances on the cell phone. You have the the channel they listen for calls on. But you can't do anything else, like travel, move, hire service sims, check on property, etc. until science is cleared.

*) Also, this stuff about being allowed to call people on tuesdays only, is that from the Sims2 challenge? Because I cant find anything about that in the wiki either. An online time being limited? I thought you could not go online (chat, look for jobs, etc.) on the computer AT ALL until science was lifted, and then you could do it 24/7 if you liked. Or did I misinterpret something?

Never mind my wondering about the Pinstar rulse, I just read it up. The Gamers restrictoin is really funny to read!

Yeah, it is funny :P Pinstar put that in there because in Sims 2 it was possible to go from zero relationship with someone to full friend in about 3 hours on the phone. You could have your entire quota of friends for promotions in a few days. It isn't possible to do that in Sims 3 as the telephone doesn't give big increases to relationships. It's more there to maintain what relationship you already have with another sim.
    *) The stuff about the graveyard you wrote confuses me also. You cant move tombstones/urns until you cleared the paranormal career or the ghost encounter. So what good would a graveyard do until then? And if you have it lifted why would you need ghosts?

You can't move the tombstones of the sims who die on your property until paranormal is cleared. The purpose of "managing the dead" at the graveyard is to put the tombstones of your friends who have died on their home lots in the graveyard. You can do that w/out ever putting their tombstones in your inventory.

What I would like to know is if those tombstones stay available through several generations while you wait on someone to finish out the paranormal restrictions or if they despawn when the sims who had the relationships with the deceased dies. If they don't despawn, then there's no real need to "manage the dead" until paranormal has been cleared, otherwise, if you want ghosts to show up in the community graveyard, you will need to place those townie tombstones from time to time.
    *) Also, in my experience (I tried it on the graveyard of the original NH), your realtion with any ghosts goes back to "nonexsistent" as soon as you leave their lot/daylight comes and they vanish. How are you supposed to get 3 Ghosts to 100% filled relationship bar? Darkness lasts only so long. (In Ashleighs rule set it was only one ghost, that was manageable.) Or are you referring to ghosts that are "brought back" with the opportunity from the Science lab?

You can have a cumulative relationship with ghosts on your own lot. At least I do. They spawn after dark, I get to know them, they despawn at dawn. Then the next night, I still have that relationship with them.

*) The "going to the neighbors idea": Im not sure about that. I think it would make it a bit too easy. Its good to live next to other occupied houses, though, they produce passers-by. Would you be allowed to eat there if they cooked a group meal?

I can see that. What about crossing the street to talk to passers by? The way Sims 3 is with the open world makes it so we really need to define boundaries here. Off lot means being on the sidewalk by the road going past your place in a very exact sense. Do we say your lot, the road from side walk to side walk in front of it and from the edge of the property on the right to the edge of the property on the left? In Sims2, that's how your property worked, and that is what you saw.

I think that would be a fair way to do it.

*) In the educatoin restriction it says, that CHILD sims are not allowed to do the homework at home, they have to do it in the school. What if ANOTHER Sim (teen,young adult, adult, elder) do the homerwork for them, would that be ok?

No. They cannot have any homework worked on outside of school at all. They have to chose the "do homework" option while they are at school.

Also interesting: Does the rule apply to teenagers also, or may they do their homework at home? I cant imagine them not getting taken away by the social worker if they cant go to school at all and cant do homework either. But I have never been there yet, Im quite eager to find out. =) Luckyly my eldest offspring of my founder is only 2 days away from his teenage years...

Before the education restrictions are lifted, you may not send your teen agers to school. Teen agers don't get taken away by the social worker at all.

I need to think of a good substitute for the Education restrictions for those without the Ambitions expansion, since we didn't have the Education career before that. Perhaps an adult in the family has to tutor 10 child and teen sims and have max relationship with them?

*) I just realized that in Davinci/Masterpainter you explicitly restricted all the toddler/Child stuff (peg box, Xylophone, block table, even the toy box and stuffed animals, that dont even give "skills") except: the doll house and the toy oven (Im not sure if that falls under the culinary restriction, since it is not under the “Ovens” or “Small appliances” category). Was that intentional?

Doll houses are restricted until DaVinci is lifted, too.

Toy Ovens are restricted until Culinary is lifted.

God Bless,
    mik
  • Clairezy018Clairezy018 Posts: 980 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Oh sorry I was looking at an old version of the rules on http://www.legacychallenge.com/ It was only updated to pets :P

Any way I like the idea about your sim getting to run through the neighborhood on the first day to meet people. I mean it kind of have has a story to it your bewildered sim returns from vacation to find that indeed the apocalypse has reached his home. They run around to see who has survived (meeting the other sims) see what they can do to help (getting a job) and acquainting themselves with the new government (The skill books or government manuals as you said)

I have another question:

I didn't see anything about it in the rules, but I might have over looked something. Before my founder lifted hopeless he got his intended pregnant and she gave birth and the child is now a todler. Okay so here are my questions

Does this break any rules?
    Can this child be my heir?
    Does this mean I must make the mother quit her job when she moves in because she obviously had to take time off to give birth?
    edited February 2011
    Oh sorry I was looking at an old version of the rules on http://www.legacychallenge.com/ It was only updated to pets

Any way I like the idea about your sim getting to run through the neighborhood on the first day to meet people. I mean it kind of have has a story to it your bewildered sim returns from vacation to find that indeed the apocalypse has reached his home. They run around to see who has survived (meeting the other sims) see what they can do to help (getting a job) and acquainting themselves with the new government (The skill books or government manuals as you said)

I have another question:

I didn't see anything about it in the rules, but I might have over looked something. Before my founder lifted hopeless he got his intended pregnant and she gave birth and the child is now a todler. Okay so here are my questions

Does this break any rules?
    Can this child be my heir?
    Does this mean I must make the mother quit her job when she moves in because she obviously had to take time off to give birth?

It doesn't break any rules.
    If the baby is born on your lot with the mom married to you, it can be your heir (make sure it's yours:P ) Otherwise, treat it as a child of your blood line who is NOT the heir.
    The mom is forced to take the maternity leave, so yeah, if you don't have Master Thief cleared, she has to quit her job.

Hi again!
    -> You can call acquaintances on the cell phone. You have the the channel they listen for calls on. But you can't do anything else, like travel, move, hire service sims, check on property, etc. until science is cleared.
    Does that apply for the one "house" phone, too, or just the cell phones? Also, interesting about the acquaintances, in the rules it says "friends", so I assumed acquaintances are no go, and your sims have to fight over time on the normal phone to make acquaintances into friends, hehe. ^^

The rule applies to all phones. You may call anyone you know (in your friends pannel) on your phone. That includes acquaintances.

I really wish we could get rid of that cell phone, that it wasn't forced upon us. BUT treating it like a walky-talky works. It just works the same way as your short wave radio (house phone).

*) Alas, I have no input on the tombstones. I dont know if the townies disappear if all who knew them are gone, too.

I have a test neighborhood. I'll set aging to 25 days and just test that. If the tombstones stay in the mausoleum over multiple generations, then there is no need for exceptions and they can be moved to grave yard once the requisite restrictions are lifted.

*) Oooh, learning new things about the game! I didnt know the relations with ghosts on your lot re-appear when it gets dark again. Nice!

Your mileage may vary :) But it's never been an issue for me. By the second generation I've usually got 3 or 4 ghosts floating around and if I let my sims interact with them, I've got full relationships in short order and those relationships persist.

*) On the "where the lot ends" question: The game is very specific about that - just have infants on the lot and try to stray a little bit over the border and you get the "you need a babysitter" message. Happened accidentially to me once, when I had my founder jog from one end of the lot to the other and the spouse was working. Of course you dont need to heed the games oppinion on your rules. ;) It just that the world is supposed to be infested with zombies and whatnot, I am not sure if you would want to risk crossing the street just to say "hello" to a stranger. So I would say "absoluteley not" while it is dark/nighttime because you might not notice something dangerous lurking. On the other hand, are there even passers by at night?

Yes, the game boundaries are specific to the edges of your lot, but I'm saying do we want to go with that or say anything from the center of your lot to the edge of the opposite side walk during daylight hours - anything from 7am to 6pm. Everyone knows that zombies roam at night :P

And yes, I've seen passer bys as late as midnight.

*) So teens dont get taken away, thats a relief. What happens when the grow up with "F" in highschool? They dont graduate? Does that do anything to them? No idea about the lifting of Education for non Ambitions-users. Tutoring is forbidden by the restriction, btw.

The only thing that happens is that you don't get to chose their 5th trait when they age up to Young Adult.

I'll think about things a bit for that.
    *) I had a nice idea about choosing the heir without having to rely on first born -gender: The first kid/teen(young adult, if it takes that long....) who reaches Athletic 10 gets to be heir! (That is how I will do it, anway). Survival of the fittest, after all... Of course the first born has an edge in this competition, but it doesnt have to be this way...

Hey, that sounds like an interesting way to do it :) So long as you are consistent from generation to generation, it sounds like a fun way to determine who carries on te legacy.

*) Also I misinterpreted the rules a bit. I thought only the founder, their spouse, their heir and so on could lift restrictions. I somehow overlooked completely, that the spares - though not allowed to have spouses - can lift restrictions, too. Yay! Excuse me, I gotta go, make more babies with my founder! :D

I got a giggle out that LOL
    One more question:
    *) In the master Thief restriction it says you are not allowed to quit your job, you have to be fired, be late (not intentionally!) or have day(s) off due to pregnancy, or reach elder without having 10 Athletic points. Does that apply to the part time jobs, too, that teenagers can accept? So You'd have to get fired in the part time job to be allowed to get "a real job" when you become an young adult?
    If the answer is yes, then: Gee, teens are really dull to play, not allowed to go to school, no sense in getting a part time job, because it would just hindering their futrute progression. What am I supposed to do with them all day? (Yeah, skill and relation building, I know, it just that even though I like taking care of them very much a little break from that now and then is really nice. And yes, I know how to turn off my computer and do other stuff with my life. ;) )

Until Master Thief is lifted teens are not allowed to get jobs, nor are unemployed elders. The part time jobs don't lift any restrictions so they are not worth getting in to for the young adults and adults.

Until Education is lifted, you skill build with teens, use them to clean the house, babysit and make friends. That's about ALL they can do.

Speaking of education ... I am finding this particular job track almost impossible to do. My sim was in the world for 4 weeks and had only gotten one promotion. I could NOT keep my sim happy enough to progress - and I really do attribute that to the latest crop of bugs and glitches. I don't remember having this much trouble last year playing through my Marks family.

I'm play testing each career and I'll come up with guidelines once I've done all 17 of them. Likely the best way to deal with the possibility of getting one of the impossible careers out of the starting gate is to chose your founders job by roll of the dice. Take a 6 sided dice and roll. The jobs are divided into a list 1-6. You get to chose which of the jobs to take on the number you rolled.

Here's the wording of the new way to do it ...
    Find a job using the news paper OR using a random method. If you chose the newspaper, you MUST take the first job available, no matter what it is. You may not choose any professions, nor may you register as self-employed. The only employment available are the traditional rabbit hole jobs.

If you decide to use a random method to chose your job, get a standard 6 sided dice or find a program online that will generate a number between 1 and 6 for you - such as http://www.psychicscience.org/random.aspx. If you roll, say, a 3, you can chose between Science or culinary. Go to that rabbit hole and get the job of your choice. You may only roll ONE TIME to determine what career you will have.

1. Business or Law Enforcement
    2. Music or Education
    3. Science or Culinary
    4. Journalism, Medical or Athletic
    5. Military or Criminal
    6. Political or Film

It's not quite as restrictive as the newspaper method and it can help avoid the impossible careers.

So far, I've play tested Athletics (able to do it in 44 days), Education (4 weeks and only 1 promotion) and I'm now testing science.

Any careers that prove to take an inordinate amount of time to clear will be listed in the rules so people can plan their strategy accordingly. I may even put restrictions on those particular careers so that you CAN'T get them until certain other things are lifted - because a career it takes a sim year to succeed at maxing on aging off is a no go for the challenge.

God Bless,
    mik
    edited February 2011
    Whoa, you are fast. Thank you for clearting things up again. =)
    *)I didnt (and still cant!) find anything about teens not allowed to get part time jobs, so I did that for the one son who lifted comforting children, because it was a wish of his. I'll just have him quit, would that be ok, since it was an honest mistake?

Yeah, just have him quit it. He can get another job as an adult, though he can't lift any more restrictions.
    *) I think your idead of being able to go to the other side of the street to hail passers by is very nice, I like your "bounderies", too.

Thank you :)

*) On the teenager getting his trait chosen by the game when he ages up: Well, I would have to pick a random trait anyway, so thats no loss.

Hehe except the game almost ALWAYS picks a negative trait.At least you have a chance of a positive trait when you random for it.
    *) I like the new wording and the idea of rolling a die for job choice for the founder. But maybe you should make an "alternative" set for people without NL and Ambitions? I know there are only 11 different carrers, but if you put one with two different "endings" (like Law enfrocement of Life of crime) as the "solo" one, it wouldnt be as bad, because you still had a choice which restriction to lift...

Probably will say that those who don't have Night Life to move Athletic down to pair with Political. Education is already paired with Music.
    *)Also, something I wanted to ask for a long time: What about the "mastered skill" certificates we get in the mail? Are we allowed to hang them on the walls? Are we allowed to sell them before business is lifted?

You put them in your family inventory. I'm going to include a scoring system like Pinstar had for the original Legacy Challenge and you will get a point for each full set of plaques, or something like that.

God Bless,
    mik
    edited February 2011
    My test sim finally made it to the top of science last night. It took her 7 weeks 3 days to do it. She moved in her spouse and they got busy and made a baby. He is in medical. I'm going to see how long it takes him to get to the top of that career.

I KNOW EA did something to affect the rate at which sims progress in their work because I've done it in less than 5 sim weeks before, which left about 6 days for procreation before turning into an elder, with all other variables being equal.

Having the infant and toddler stages last so much longer sucks. BUT it gives children the time to clear out comforting children right away - which is a good thing.

God Bless,
    mik
    edited February 2011
    More questions from OniMux
    -> Hehe except the game almost ALWAYS picks a negative trait.At least you have a chance of a positive trait when you random for it.
    *) You wanna know what trait my founders kids have so far? Son: Slob, Clumsy, Meanspirited and Great Kisser (which he got when he became a teen. Until then he was just a ... [insert not so nice word here]) Daughter: Slob (is it genetics? Because my founder is a slob, too!), Clumsy (wait, I have seen this before), Unflirty and Outdoor-lover (she got that one right away, so she was kind of "the better kid", until he got great kisser and she got unflirty; how am I supposed to get her a spouse? :P )
    Ok, enough idle talk about my wonderfuls little Sims, more questions:

*) Before lifting Journalism, are you allowed to accept any (job) opportunities involing books? (Maybe the boss held on to a book that helped him a lot in past days and wants you to profit from it too.) Also, are you allowed to read the daily "journals" you get in the medical career or not?

Yes. Your job requires this. You aren't buying the books, you are being given copies from your employer to help you along, therefore, the Journalism and Education restrictions on books does not affect them. What is more, other sims in the house hold MAY read these manuals for entertainment (making a fly by rule change here).

*) Before lifting science: Are you allowed to react to your beeper (I know you get one in medical, I seem to remeber you get one in Law enforcement maybe, too?) or not?

Yes. It's an extended channel on your short wave radio.

Are you allowed to accept opportunities where somebody askes you to repair/improve some electrical item like the laptop or a stereo? (The owner could have brought that home from a vacation and of course, since you cant buy those things anymore, wants it repaired/in best shape. In fact, the whole valley population could have been coming back on one plane from vacation (kinda like in the series lost, just without the plane crash ^^) , and all the other residents are dead, mutants, zombies etc. Thats why the people you meet dont look strange, hehe.)

No repairs until Science and Military are cleared.

*) Are you allowed to use things your founders/heirs spouse bring into the household? (My founders spouse had a laptop on him, in other games I scored cars this way...) Based on the lines of thought of the previous question.

If you marry in someone who has restricted items in their personal inventory, they need to be placed in family inventory for the remainder of the challenge. Take my word for it, even with Criminal Mastermind restrictions still in place, after 3 generations, you will have more money than you know what to do with.

I'm thinking of changing the rules a bit again concerning vehicles to NO vehicles at all until at least science is cleared. They become more of a pita than anything else, really, and with the open neighborhood and sims spawning cars left and right (which they shouldn't), visiting is only from 7am to 6pm anyway until Law Enforcement - Forensics and Military is cleared. Your visitors can walk to your house as it's relatively safe during the daylight, and there are plenty of neighborhood military patrols to hitch a ride with on the streets. But after dark, it's a whole different story - because that is when the mutant zombies and packs of rabid animals come out of hiding, seeking to devour the brains of the normal sims.

Still more questions:
    *) Since the rules state that you cannot move in/marry spouses with your spares (unless the heir and their offspring, if any are "disabled"), I was wondering if they were allowed any relationships at all?

Yes.
    If so, are they allowed to Wohoo/try to reproduce when their mate visits?

Yes.
    If so, can you keep/move in the resulting children, because they are part of the bloodline and can remove restrictions, even thourgh the didnt originate from the heir?

If your spare is a male and he reproduces, those children cannot be moved into the household because they are not considered part of the blood line and they cannot lift any restrictions. He is not allowed to marry the mother of his children unless he moves out and into her house with her. If something happens and he becomes the new heir in need of producing the next generation, he may move in the mother and any minor children (under teen) and then produce an heir with her. None of the other children he has produced with her can be the heir because they are illegitimate - born out of wedlock.

If your spare is a female and she reproduces, the children can stay with her, but they cannot lift any restrictions because they are not considered part of the blood line. Even if something happens to the heir, the spare must marry the father of her children for them to be considered worthy of the blood line and produce a legitimate heir. Any previous children from that union are not considered legitimate.
    *) My founders kids (in children age) met some other kids in school, some of them, when asked their career (in teen age) tell me "Paper delivery boy/girl". Am I allowed to keep relationships with them and/or even marry them in some day because they were not MY paper boy/girl or do I have to quit the relationship at all as soon as possible (unless Super Spy is cleared)?

As soon as you discover they are a paper boy/paper girl, simply do not continue a relationship with them outside of "talking to friends" at school. If they become one of your co-workers later on and are no longer paper delivery children, you may socialize with them. Once Super Spy is cleared, you may socialize at will.
    *) What restrictions need to be lifted to be able to go on vacation again? Politics, Science, Super Spy, Military - Did I forget any?

That sounds right. I don't believe Business is required.

*)What restrictions need to be lifted to be able to buy a Business/Community lot? Business and either Military (so you can go there) or Science (so you can use the phone/Computer to purchase), is that right?

That is correct. And you need Master Thief as well, I think.
    *) What restrictions need to be lifted to be able to buy books again? Business, Military and Journalism, correct?

Correct.
    *) What restrictions need to be lifted to be able to buy groceries again? Business, Military and Culinary, correct?

In addition to those, you will also need The Amazing Naturalist to purchase produce, like watermelon or potatoes.
    *) What restrictions need to be lifted to be able to hire Service Sims again? Business, Super Spy, and, depending on the service, Science (exterminator), Education (babysitter, adoption service), Law enforcement (Policemen), Fire Fighter (fire department), Culinary (Pizza delivery). Is that correct?

Add Master Thief to that list and it is complete.
    Sorry if these are pretty obvious, but I just want to make sure I havent overlooked anything (AGAIN). *blushes*

Nah, not obvious. Good questions and it helps me in making sure the rules are tight. It's also providing me with a good, solid FAQ :) I'm sorry I'm slow in getting it all put up. My creativity seems to be low when my family is all in my hair, which they have been a lot in the last week or two. I love them, but they suck the energy right out of me LOL!

God Bless,
    mik
  • illusoryToastillusoryToast Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    just thought I'd give this a bump and can we go ahead and use the dice rolling rule to determine a job on the first day even though it's not on the wiki yet?
    edited February 2011
    Yes, you may.

I'm working on rules stuff today and if I feel up to it, will have updated info posted this week. The hubby left for work this afternoon (he's a trucker) and the kids go to school in the morning. I should have most of tomorrow morning and afternoon to myself :)

God Bless,
    mik
    edited February 2011
    Da Rules are updated up to Comforting Children.

I need some suggestions on how to do Education if someone dosn't have Ambitions. It was an important part of TS2AC and I think it should be included for even base game players in TS3AC.

What I am thinking is this.
    Become an illustrious author (10 in both painting and writing, sell 5 masterpieces, and 5 best sellers) and reach level 10 in Logic, Athletics, Charisma, and Handiness.

Once a sim in the family has shown that having a solid education can add so much to life, sims are ready to expand education and allow their teens to go back to school. Educational Academies are built, public education classes are started and everyone embraces learning for future.

This sim can start as a child in the skill building too. This is a tough one since I don't just want to GIVE it away. But is it TOO tough with current skill building borks. (If EA messed it up, it's not a bug, it's a bork!).

Please give me your opinions and ideas :)

God Bless,
    mik
    edited February 2011
    The Rules are updated through International Superspy. Look through them and see if you can spot any typos. Don't worry just yet about conflicts with anything AFTER Superspy in there because I haven't gotten to it yet.

I have also tweaked some of the alternate rules a bit. Basically - for alternates, I don't want to make them horridly difficult, but I also don't want to make them a mindless cake walk. I want to balance them with the difficulty of the rules they alternate for. Just having a sim max painting really doesn't fill in for the Da Vinci rules, because you have to do so much to clear Da Vainci.

In the same vein, I don't want to make the alternates so much MORE difficult than their corollary rule set. Is clearing education really that much more difficult in the alternate set than it is in the standard list?

I need some play testers :P

Anyway, I'm working my way through. Expect to see some things made a tad easier and some things made a bit harder :)

God Bless,
    mik
    edited February 2011
    The rules are updated all the way - for the most part. Please read through and give me feed back :)

God Bless,
    mik
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited February 2011
    Hmmm, interesting but somewhat intimidating.

Where is the link to the Viper Valley? Did I miss it somewhere?
    edited February 2011
    I linked it on The Creator's Consortium thread, Clay :)

I'm afraid to mess with the original VV files in case doing so makes it so they are incompatible for folks who don't have all the expansions and stuff packs. As it stands now, the world is playable for base game only and I would like to keep it as is - warts and all :)

BUT that means I can't re-download it to the exchange because I had a beta version of it up at one time.

God Bless,
    mik