Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Yawning....

All of a sudden like ALL of my sims are yawning....is this a glitch or something....

Comments

• xWednesdayxxWednesdayx Posts: 2,478 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Yawns are contagious.
  • Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited February 2011
    make them drink some coffee LOL :P

now you got me yawning !
  • DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Yawns are contagious.
    Loool :lol:
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited February 2011
    Put them to bed. :lol:
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited February 2011
    They`ve probably just played Sims 3.
  • SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited February 2011
    They aren't tired or anything, and they keep yawning .....
  • buckosnortbuckosnort Posts: 9,628 Member
    edited February 2011
    Yawns are contagious.

:D I yawned when I posted this! Lol :-o
  • DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Johnnywr wrote:
    They`ve probably just played Sims 3.
    You got that right :lol:
    edited February 2011
    :?
  • gagamummygagamummy Posts: 10,160 New Member
    edited February 2011
    that is because your sims want to sing this song:

edited February 2011
    *sigh*
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited February 2011
    are they talking to others when they yawn? if so they are bored with the conversation. If not not sure ..
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited February 2011
    ack Liam sorry double post.
    edited February 2011
    How many of them and how often? Also what are they doing when they yawn?

Edit: Wow I feel like a simmie doctor now. :lol:
    edited February 2011
    It's like when they aren't doing anything, they'll just randomly yawn, just standing around yawning...lol
    edited February 2011
    Are they bored, tired, or are you experiencing the mood glitch? My sims yawn all the time when they are bored.

And this is going to sound incredibly stupid but do any of the "sleeper" traits make them yawn? I wouldn't know because I hardly use them.
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited February 2011
    I have noticed that my sims yawn and sneeze more than they ever used too, think something is going around. hehehe..seriously however they are yawning and sneezing more than before...don't know it is hard to tell the glitches from some of the real ingame play...honestly!
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited February 2011
    I have noticed that my sims yawn and sneeze more than they ever used too, think something is going around. hehehe..seriously however they are yawning and sneezing more than before...don't know it is hard to tell the glitches from some of the real ingame play...honestly!
  • ChubbyKatzeChubbyKatze Posts: 564 Member
    edited November 2012
    I know what you mean. All of my Sims stand around and yawn at nothing all day. I watched a vampire burn in the sun because he was just standing there yawning for hours on end. The replies are as helpful as EA themselves it seems now a days :roll: . Looking for a mod that takes this out of the game entirely because it's totally useless and over takes most other actions for some obnoxious reason. Also this happens in the morning, the afternoon, evening, night. Doesn't matter about time of day. They aren't tired they don't need anything. It's something I think EA added to the game to try and make them seem like they are disapproving of something OR perhaps it is when they have the 'Small Talk buff on after talking about the weather. Either way this annoying reaction has got to go :evil: . Sleep/Mood/Coffee/Time are completely irrelevant.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited September 2017
    so does anybody know now after all those years what's about all those yawning at each other sims ?

i've found so far no explanation & no reason why sims keep yawning at some other sims
    are their traits incompatible or what ?

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I've found that some sims will yawn if they are bored with the conversation, but, I've never had a sim just stand around yawning for no reason. I've had a few fall asleep when they were bored with the conversation. I will usually try to get them to go talk to someone more interesting if I notice they are bored.
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Perhaps give them more autonomy? My sims don't tend to yawn so much because they have high free will so they are busy most of the time. They don't tend to just stand in place doing nothing.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited September 2017
    i play always with free will on
    they yawn just all on their own :joy:

that excessive yawning happened last time at a party
    several sims yawned at each other
    it seems to me as if their traits are completely opposite & they mock the other by yawning

they definately don't yawn because they are bored with the discussion or tired, nope
    they look at a sim in the room & yawn with the thought bubble of that sim

the sims i didn't direct at the moment yawn but also the sim which i was directing
    it's like a plague that befalls them, especially at parties as it seems
    here a screenshot of that party
    the sim that yawned at most of the other sims is here in both pictures, he has on a brown leather jacket
    in the first picture he's in the middle, passing by the host of the party & yawning about him with a thought bubble of him
    in the second picture he's to the left & yawning at the female sim which holds the toddler, the blond one beside him is just thinking about her, recognizing her, not yawning at her

1p7yur.jpg
    ran20w.jpg

i'll look next time i play that sim what it is with all the traits, if there is something incompatible
    i play in rotation & played him lately, so i have to go out of the order to play him again

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Are they bored perhaps? I find if my sims are bored, they'll start yawning.Especially at parties.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I have found that parties trigger yawning. It doesn't happen at my sims' parties but at parties thrown by inactives, usually if they are not part of my sims' extended families that have the Legendary Host LTR. My sims will even yawn if there is a party somewhere in town that they are not even attending.