Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fixed, thanks!

I went to start up my game this morning and it told me it couldn't find the Late Night disc in my disc drive. I checked, just on the off chance it somehow magically disappeared after being there 99% of the time since October, and sure enough it was there. I closed the launcher, and tried again... Still saying I don't have my disc in the tray. This is a completely new problem I've never experienced before, and I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem, or is it something to do with OLS being released today?

New problem, old problem, solutions?

Thanks for any help or input.

Comments

• brandi22brandi22 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited February 2011
    Does it appear when you get to the main menu screen where you can choose the household you want to play?

This happened to me once after I installed FLS. I was trying to use the FLS disc to play, which was the wrong disc to use. Once I put in the LN disc, I didn't get the error message again and was able to play the game.

So if you have just installed OL, and that is the disc you have in, try putting in the LN disc instead.

Hope that helps. :)
    My Wishlist on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/view-wishlist/koYQDL6TzKT18Z3EiX.RDw--
    To see my Sims, Builds, etc Click "My Studio":
    MY STUDIO
  • cherryberrybloocherryberrybloo Posts: 4,293 New Member
    edited February 2011
    No, that's not the problem...

Turns out my computer isn't "seeing" the disc drive? I don't know how else to say it. I mean, when I open up the "my computer" window, my disc drive doesn't show up, only c: and my mp3 player when I plug it into a usb port.

*sigh* No clue how this came about or what to do about it.
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 1,227
    edited February 2011
    Well, your drive could of just now went kapooy. Not sure how to make your OS search for a new drive. Maybe if you unplugged it from the mobo and then replugged it.

You could also try searching for a software/firmware update and see if that helps.

Maybe someone else knows a better way to check it.

Edit: Just on the off chance did you try restarting your computer?
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 1,227
    edited February 2011
    Do you have Win 7?

Under device manager does the drive show up?
  • volts990volts990 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Try checking the BIOS to see if it appears there too
  • princessbee66princessbee66 Posts: 876
    edited February 2011
    This happened to me and I found the solutiion, it works

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145532

I do the second one
    edited February 2011
    I did a bunch of stuff just now that I'd been needing to do (clearing temp files, virus scan, etc and then restarted the computer. It still wasn't seeing the drive (sorry, I don't know much about BIOS or other things, I normally have the husband take care of these things but he won't be home for another 6 hours.

I'll try another restart, just in case. Actually, a full shut down. *shrug* We'll see!
  • princessbee66princessbee66 Posts: 876
    edited February 2011
    I searched for ages trying to do this and I did the second thing, clicked the link unzipped then double click followed by restart and it worked. It also happened since then and worked again fine.
    edited February 2011
    It is working now, thank you for the suggestions. I hate that I'm no good with computers.