Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Annoying unfixable Serious Error!

I've been at it for DAYS trying to fix this. I've looked up countless forms and I've seen millions of different answers. I'm frustrated and confused, it was my family family to play.
So it shows the outlined family and house and then when I try played it says, "A serious error has occured when trying to load the peoplesrenamed.sims3. It is strongly reccomended you restart the application.'
Restarting didn't help.
I don't get the entire 're-name and delete backup' sort of thing. I need simple answers, that just doesn't make sense to me.

Here's what I have in my saves folder:
the peoplesrenamed.sims3
the peoplesrenamed.sims3.backup

But they are folders. I don't have a file save with the family on it.
I have NO .bad files.

I don't know what to do. Please help it was my favorite family! I don't want to lose it ever! I got so far. :cry:

Comments

• Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 1,227
    edited February 2011
    Sorry, this hasn't happened to me. But what I would do is:

Copy - paste

the peoplesrenamed.sims3

from your game folder to your desktop. This will unsure that you do not lose anything. :)

Then in your game folder delete

the peoplesrenamed.sims3

Then on the

delete just the - .backup

When you start your game it will now read that file. Hopefully that one is not corrupted.

If it doesn't work you have not lost anything because the orginal files are on your desktop.

As I said, I have not ever had it happen so this is just what I would try. Maybe someone else has had it happen and knows what to do for sure. :D