Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Designating your world as a city

Is there a way to do it? I want my world to have the city tag in the load up screen as well as the city ambient noises, tons of taxis driving around and the food truck. How can I make my world an official city like Bridgeport?

Comments

• ccgirl97ccgirl97 Posts: 789
    edited January 2011
    I was wondering this too!
    So Bump! To help you find it!

PS; Congrats at being 8 away to 400! :wink:
  • purefoysgirlpurefoysgirl Posts: 131 Member
    edited January 2011
    I guess the degree of difficulty depends on how technical you are (I am absolutely not technical), but here are the directions by Simsample from Mod the Sims:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=424374
  • purefoysgirlpurefoysgirl Posts: 131 Member
    edited January 2011
    Edit for Liam being an @!#hat
  • Mahogany_RoseMahogany_Rose Posts: 729 Member
    edited January 2011
    I guess the degree of difficulty depends on how technical you are (I am absolutely not technical), but here are the directions by Simsample from Mod the Sims:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=424374

Many MANY thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for!
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited January 2011
    Show us your world, I would like to see it :D.
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm very interested in this mod, and I've been looking at it for a while now. But I can't make head nor tail of it... anyone explain it to me in English?
    edited January 2011
    Conorsim wrote:
    I'm very interested in this mod, and I've been looking at it for a while now. But I can't make head nor tail of it... anyone explain it to me in English?

I'm still making my way through it too actually. There is a line of code that needs to be placed in a specific folder but there seems to be some debate about what changes what (i.e. map music, city icon, townies ect.) so I'm waiting and reading to make sure I understand exactly what'll happen before I do anything.

And thanks for the interest in my world Simsgal, it can be found with the link below. It's not done but I'm still trying to think of a name for it.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/331195.page#4492354
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited January 2011
    So so easy!

Download the resource file Simsample has isolated, and extracted for us.

Open your .world file in s3pe

Import the new resource file, and save!

Bingo! Bango! Bongo! You got yourself a city!

Here are step by step instructions for those of you who have never used s3pe;
    Please read Simsamples thread also

Get s3pe here; s3pe Package Editor
    Download the resource file. Simsamples City Resource File

Okay, now you've downloaded s3pe, and the City Resource File. Put it where you can find it. I made a folder for it and put it on my desktop.

Open up S3pe, click on "File" on the bar at the top, click on "Open", and find your .world file you wish to add these files to.

They should be in;
    Documents,
    Electronic Arts,
    Sims 3 Create a World
    UserToolData
    Worlds

It should look like this, I'm opening up my WhovilleBeta;
    Make sure you click the "All Files" option, or your .world file won't show up.
    s3pe210.jpg

Once you open it up, this is what it will look like;

s3pe10.jpg

Now, just click on the "Resource" tab on the top bar, Click on "import", and "from file". Find your City Resource File, and click on it;

jky3w4.jpg

Now just highlight the file, and click "Open". This is what you'll get. Just click "import", and then click on "file" on the top bar again, and "Save".

2qust93.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited January 2011
    Thank you for posting that, auntielynds!
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
    edited January 2011
    So so easy!

Download the resource file Simsample has isolated, and extracted for us.

Open your .world file in s3pe

Import the new resource file, and save!

Bingo! Bango! Bongo! You got yourself a city!

Here are step by step instructions for those of you who have never used s3pe;
    Please read Simsamples thread also

Get s3pe here; s3pe Package Editor
    Download the resource file. Simsamples City Resource File

Okay, now you've downloaded s3pe, and the City Resource File. Put it where you can find it. I made a folder for it and put it on my desktop.

Open up S3pe, click on "File" on the bar at the top, click on "Open", and find your .world file you wish to add these files to.

They should be in;
    Documents,
    Electronic Arts,
    Sims 3 Create a World
    UserToolData
    Worlds

It should look like this, I'm opening up my WhovilleBeta;
    Make sure you click the "All Files" option, or your .world file won't show up.
    s3pe210.jpg

Once you open it up, this is what it will look like;

s3pe10.jpg

Now, just click on the "Resource" tab on the top bar, Click on "import", and "from file". Find your City Resource File, and click on it;

jky3w4.jpg

Now just highlight the file, and click "Open". This is what you'll get. Just click "import", and then click on "file" on the top bar again, and "Save".

2qust93.jpg

WOW! Thanks Auntielynds! I see it in English, and I understand :lol:

I'm gonna try this right away, and see if I come out successful. :mrgreen:

And thanks to Simsample - for being the genius that he is :wink:
    edited January 2011
    Okay, I'm as far as when you import the file... I downloaded the file, but where do I place it? thanks Lynds, or whoever can answer. :)
    edited January 2011
    Put it wherever you like, Conorsim - your desktop would be a good place. Then when you go to resource>Import>From file, you need to go to where you saved the resource (i.e, the desktop).

Thanks for the compliment- but I'm neither a genius or a 'he'! I just used a process of elimination to find this. :)
    RUSH
    My Worlds
    edited January 2011
    simsample wrote:
    Put it wherever you like, Conorsim - your desktop would be a good place. Then when you go to resource>Import>From file, you need to go to where you saved the resource (i.e, the desktop).

Thanks for the compliment- but I'm neither a genius or a 'he'! I just used a process of elimination to find this. :)

Okay, thanks. :mrgreen: Wait.. you're not a 'he', let alone a genius..? :shock: Sorry Ms. Simsample :oops: :wink:

Wait.. I'm new to Firefox (I did have IE) so when I download the file it's like this: SIMPE.jpg"width=600height=450"

I can't "copy" and "paste" it to the desktop.. it's just.. there? And nowhere? Because I can't locate it when I choose import...

I'm sure there's a solution, I'm just too stupid to realise :oops: Sorry.
    edited January 2011
    You need to find where that downloaded to- usually your documents folder, or downloads folder, or the desktop.

That window is just the Firefox download window (a list of what you have downloaded).

If you can't find the file, go to Tools> Options> General in Firefox, and it will show you the location which it downloads to.
    RUSH
    My Worlds
    edited January 2011
    simsample wrote:
    You need to find where that downloaded to- usually your documents folder, or downloads folder, or the desktop.

That window is just the Firefox download window (a list of what you have downloaded).

If you can't find the file, go to Tools> Options> General in Firefox, and it will show you the location which it downloads to.

Thanks a million, Simsample. I'm pretty sure the whole thing worked and I'm gonna try it out in-game. And I don't care what you say - you are a genius :wink:
    edited January 2011
    Aww, thank you dear! :D
    RUSH
    My Worlds
    edited February 2011
    Auntielynds, Simsample you are amazing! Thank you so much for the help :thumbup:
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited February 2011
    Excellent, I am just about done a world which is a big city, I may try this out, good luck all :D
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited February 2011
    I have a Town!!! It is so easy thanks to auntielynds and simsample, and it was bingo bango bongo :D
    But the link for the resource file didn't work for me so I got it from Mod The Sims