Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rumors about the upcoming EP for Sims 3

Hi everyone. I was searching thru the websites to find something interesting about the new EP for Sims 3... This is what I've found. It's from polish site www.wirtualesimy.pl - they got the news from SimNieuws (It's a translation from polish to english - so if any mistakes, write to me):

"It turns out, that in couple of days we will hear about the upcoming EP
(the 4th EP for Sims).

People from SimsNieuws tell us, that in the upcoming week (1st February probably),
Electronics Arts will show their financial statements from selling their
games for the past 6 months. In ocasions like this, EA will probably present
their new upcoming pack for Sims 3 series. So it's pretty clear that in the upcoming
tuesday we will hear official informations about 4th expasion.

Is it weather or pets? Or maybe something new and suprising? One is sure, the official
announcement of a EP for Sims 3 is closer than you think...:)"

So what do you think? Will they show us the next EP?

Comments

• QEEboyQEEboy Posts: 1,420 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Sounds promising, this is some of the most logical speculation I have read on the forums in a long time. Thanks for the info.
  • xXSims3XxXxXSims3XxX Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for letting us know, i hope they do let us know soon! I reckon it will be soms time in february if not after Outdoor living is released (: I doubt it will be weather as Outdoorliving was based around the outdoors, hopefully its pets. Or i'd like another FreeTime or University! :D
  • SIMSIORSIMSIOR Posts: 6,384 New Member
    edited January 2011
    so Polish! : D

I'm Polish: D

We're waiting:)
  • AdiCohenAdiCohen Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited January 2011
    Yay! The curiousity is killing me! :-o I really hope it's seasons+family+outdoor activities :P
  • beba2twinbeba2twin Posts: 744 New Member
    edited January 2011
    oooh cool! can't wait :D
  • LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited January 2011
    That's great to hear :wink:
  • anchy1991anchy1991 Posts: 688
    edited January 2011
    It seems great... I cant wait... cool
  • munchiepoomunchiepoo Posts: 1,386 Member
    edited January 2011
    It wont be anything like pets and seasons because there is a pattern

Sims 2

University (NEW)
    Night Life (Remake of sims 1 Hot Date
    Open for Buisness (NEW)
    Pets(Remake of Unleashed
    Seasons(NEW)
    BonVoyage(Remake of Holiday)
    Freetime (NEW)
    Appartment Life(REmake of Making Magic)

The sims 3

The Sims 3 World Adventures (REmake of Bon Voyage)
    The sims 3 Ambitions (NEW)
    The Sims 3 Late Night (Remake of Nightlife)

ANd btw,I hope they NEVER remake pets,it SUCKED.
  • bookwormtraitbookwormtrait Posts: 635 Member
    edited January 2011
    I hope it's Pets! Or Seasons.
  • munchiepoomunchiepoo Posts: 1,386 Member
    edited January 2011
    It wont be either,it's going to be something new,but I hope the one after the 4th one is seasons,and I hope they never make pets again.
  • gembrett101gembrett101 Posts: 2,578 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I think that it could be anything, people are always so bitter about pets and seasons when in truth it's brought a lot to the sims and that's why so many people are asking for it.
    Some people won't buy it, but the majority will.

As for something new and suprising, I'm at an actual loss for what it could be... My imagination is running dry, in fact I'm off to make some fake EP artwork... :wink: Yes, I'm one of the people that does that.
  • KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited January 2011
    For the love of God it better be Seasons. :lol:
  • amsoalexandraamsoalexandra Posts: 267 Member
    edited January 2011
    But wasn't Ambitions kind of like Open for Business? Both kind of job-related :)

Anyway i really hope it's something to do with weather! It would be so amazing to walk around town with heavy snow or something :lol:
  • UronkaUronka Posts: 486 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Are there not any clues in LN pointing towards it? I don't own LN yet so I can't check but Ambitions had the bat under the trampoline and you could see a city scape in the distance if you angled the camera a certain way in Twinbrook world view.

I'd say looking for signs like these would be the biggest indicator of what the next EP will be. :D

So far from looking at pics the only thing I have came up with is from a screen shot of the outdoor living SP. The gnome thing has T shirt with a duck on it... Bit of a stretch I know but so far is the only thing I can see that looks out of place. :lol:
  • amsoalexandraamsoalexandra Posts: 267 Member
    edited January 2011
    Uronka wrote:
    Are there not any clues in LN pointing towards it? I don't own LN yet so I can't check but Ambitions had the bat under the trampoline and you could see a city scape in the distance if you angled the camera a certain way in Twinbrook world view.

I'd say looking for signs like these would be the biggest indicator of what the next EP will be. :D

i think in the Late Night town there were some mountains with snow on top - kind of like how there was a city in the distance for Ambitions :D
  • DestinysCreaturesDestinysCreatures Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited January 2011
    According to GS and also a few other sites the only game EA is coming out Sim wise is Mid Evil, they have Out Door Living that will drop on the 11th of Feb SP, there is nothing for a new EP in the next 9months and they would know they get updates every day.

I have an idea for an EP fix the bugs EP.

I love what I see with Outdoor Living and would like to have that but doing another EP after LN and ALL the problems it caused and still has think EA should fix that before asking us to spend another 50.00 on something that doesn't work. Just my 2 cents there, as far s I know until EA announces there is no EP GS says they are updated every day not in computer only Midevil, to me it is far to soon for another.
    edited January 2011
    According to GS and also a few other sites the only game EA is coming out Sim wise is Mid Evil, they have Out Door Living that will drop on the 11th of Feb SP, there is nothing for a new EP in the next 9months and they would know they get updates every day.

Look at the timeline of EP and SP release dates since the base game was released... See a pattern?
    They would be completely going against the grain if they didn't release anything for it in the next 9 months... Not to mention hammering the final nails into the coffin for the Sims 3. :lol:

GS and others do NOT know because they will only get updated when EA is ready to update them. They have been burnt before by companies giving away release dates/name dropping and such before they are ready so it is not surprising, that GS and other places are in the dark as much as us. :P
  • calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited January 2011
    look you lot the next exp is going to have weather in it because we already have fog/mist in the game after late night.
    h2xmsbl]

• PixelRainbowPixelRainbow Posts: 865 Member
    edited January 2011
    Yay thanks! :D
    I hope it's pets or seasons...or something like freetime but I guess we already have quite a lot of stuff from that already
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited January 2011
    I really hope that it is Seasons, I think it will bring a lot to the game and I do hope for a pet EP, but I do hope it will be different then SIms 2. I don't want the same things for either one EP. I know they have to have the basics, but I am looking for different things as well.
    edited January 2011
    I'm still not sure :lol: .. On one hand you have the snow capped mountains, the season coloured leaves on some trees, the rain and snow already in game using that silver ball thingy and the mist and fog.

On the other hand you have the pet and werewolf posters on the side of the stadium you get with the Dr pepper promo, pigeons in LA, gnome duck t shirts and the biggest indicator (if this is true?), apparently in the science building of LN, there is a skeleton of a dog! :shock: Could someone confirm that for me at all? I don't have LA to check. :cry:

Soo confused. :lol:
  • JanetTheBeastJanetTheBeast Posts: 32
    edited January 2011
    I heard this Tuesday they were going to announce an EP.

I really hope its true!
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm hoping for a Sims Beachlife or a Sims Theme Park. I don't think I'd be interested in Sims Pets.
    It would be good if we could have part of a sims town on an island and the rest on mainland. The sims could have a boat to take to the island and back to the mainland.
    edited January 2011
    A Sims 3 theme park would be epic! :shock:
  • wolak2302wolak2302 Posts: 494 New Member
    edited January 2011
    On the other hand you have the pet and werewolf posters on the side of the stadium you get with the Dr pepper promo, pigeons in LA, gnome duck t shirts and the biggest indicator (if this is true?), apparently in the science building of LN, there is a skeleton of a dog! Could someone confirm that for me at all? I don't have LA to check

Oh, could someone please check the thing about the dog skeleton?? I wonder too if it's true...