Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I would love to see...

Escalators and more of an Open for Business feel as far as interacting with the businesses that are owned. It's a lot more work, but I kinda miss it. Weather and pets would really be cool too.
tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif

Comments

• SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited January 2011
    I agree. Escalators are neat. Sims that don't want to buy gym equipment can get a workout running the opposite direction on escalators. :P
    I never did the business stuff bc it just got too complicated too quickly.

it would be nice to have weather and pets as well.
  • itssnoopyitssnoopy Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    since Laundry is available I would like the option to vacuum. Or to go inside the Bristo with your sim.
  • Cee618Cee618 Posts: 45 Member
    edited January 2011
    I would love to see seasons and weather on Sims 3, but most of all, I wish they would bring back slow dancing, like on Sims 2. I loved to watch my couples slow dancing on Sims 2, they could do such cute things together. :D
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I would like to see room marker balls that will designate a room in a community lot building as a rabbit hole. You put testingcheatsenabled true into your cheat console and then buydebug on and then you choose your rabbithole marker. When you have placed it, you shift+left click on it to program it for what ever rabbit hole you want in that spot. Stick a door on the wall of the room the marker is on and sims will go in there to enter the rabbit hole. If you MUST, do two doors - an entrance and an exit.

ONE object taking up the space of ONE SQUARE that will designate any given area enclosed by walls with at least one door as a rabbit hole.

That is all I really want right now.

God Bless,
    mik
  • juelle_loujuelle_lou Posts: 580 Member
    edited January 2011
    mikitta47 wrote:
    I would like to see room marker balls that will designate a room in a community lot building as a rabbit hole. You put testingcheatsenabled true into your cheat console and then buydebug on and then you choose your rabbithole marker. When you have placed it, you shift+left click on it to program it for what ever rabbit hole you want in that spot. Stick a door on the wall of the room the marker is on and sims will go in there to enter the rabbit hole. If you MUST, do two doors - an entrance and an exit.

ONE object taking up the space of ONE SQUARE that will designate any given area enclosed by walls with at least one door as a rabbit hole.

God Bless,
    mik

That's a great idea Mikitta47!

I know there are CC versions like that, but your idea is genius.
  • BurginbabeBurginbabe Posts: 178 Member
    edited January 2011
    itssnoopy wrote:
    since Laundry is available I would like the option to vacuum. Or to go inside the Bristo with your sim.
    Yeah, maybe with vaccuming the richer sims could purchase a "Soomba" (Roomba)... Then they could set it on a certain number of days it vaccums the house lol
  • AquiasAquias Posts: 1,742 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I would love to be able to run my own restaurant in TS3, choose whats on the menu, and decorate it according to theme.

I would love to see the Cowplant make a return!
  • rachelt405rachelt405 Posts: 1,533 Member
    edited January 2011
    i would like my sims to be able to walk around town or park holding hands :-)
    Be kind to animals please help stop all cruelty to them

• SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited January 2011
    mikitta47 wrote:

God Bless,
    mik

Excellent idea! So this would allow you to have a sort of mall or something with a grocery store, book store, etc... That would be so cool!
    Aquias wrote:
    I would love to be able to run my own restaurant in TS3, choose whats on the menu, and decorate it according to theme.

That would be cool too!

Btw, this may sound like a dumb question, but are there laundromats in the Sims 3? I think I read somewhere that there were but I haven't seen them.
  • vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    edited January 2011
    Yes there are laundromats, but I believe you have to have the Ambitions expansion pack. You might want to double check on that, it could be the late night expansion that has it.
  • SenkoLightSenkoLight Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited January 2011
    mikitta47 wrote:

God Bless,
    mik

You can do that. You create a layer of basements put the rabbit hole underground and build on top.
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Yes, burying the building is a viable workaround, but it still takes a huge amount of space and some rabbit holes don't play well like this - like the military building or the business building. If one of the doors is out of bounds, your sims get stuck out of bounds. And let's not even go into all the buildings that stick up out of the ground for no apparent reason at all *coughtheboookstorecough* if they aren't set JUST so. It's a work around, but it's far from a good solution. It is simply the best one we have right now in lieu of a really salient upgrade.

I want to be able to customize much more readily than a clunky work around, and I want to be able to click on the door of the rabbit hole when I'm zoomed into the lot to interact with that rabbit hole, rather than drop down into a basement.

A single room marker with an interaction menu that sets the lot type and allows you set multiple rabbit hole types would be the most versatile. There is simply no reason for EA not to do this. The ONLY reason they have the huge buildings is to stay in keeping with their vision of middle suburbia.

God Bless,
    mik
  • storkimbastorkimba Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2011
    i would looooove to see a pets expainsion with dogs cats hamsters birds rabbits as pets and maybe some wild animals in the parks like bunnys and squerills and in night time you got to watch out for stray dogs :D
  • vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    edited September 2011
    Aquias wrote:

I would love to see the Cowplant make a return!

I'm so glad someone else wants this too! I really miss running my own restuarant like in the Sims 2 Open for Business.
  • Lolli999Lolli999 Posts: 19 Member
    Dont know where to write this ... so i'm doing it here :-)

I have been reading and seen that many are asking for the opportunity to own and run your own restaurant as a family. Therfore I believe that if some of us started a petition and got as many votes as posible the gamemakers could see an idea in creating this in an update or in a EP.

Hope someone will help me
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Lolli999 wrote: »
    Dont know where to write this ... so i'm doing it here :-)

I have been reading and seen that many are asking for the opportunity to own and run your own restaurant as a family. Therfore I believe that if some of us started a petition and got as many votes as posible the gamemakers could see an idea in creating this in an update or in a EP.

Hope someone will help me

This is a thread from 2011. This wasn't even about TS4, and it's also in the wrong section of the forum.

Don't necro please. And forum petitions are forbidden.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey friends I'm going to go ahead and close this off as it's pretty old. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top