Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Outta My Fire Truck!

I've got a sim couple and the wife has progressed to the top of the firefighter career. They gave her a truck and an alarm and said she could work from home... which was nice. The problem is, her Rock Star husband keeps going out to perform concerts and, every time he does, he takes the fire engine with him. Now, while that kind of rebellious behaviour is actuallr rather apt for a rock star, it's also kind of a pain because she can't maintain it or upgrade it and I'm I'm worried about what'll happen when an emergency comes in and the fire truck's across town at the stadium.

Is there any way I can stop the husband from using the fire engine?

Comments

• muddypaws4167muddypaws4167 Posts: 2,108 New Member
    edited January 2011
    click on the wife, then click the firetruck and "make preferred vehicle"
  • EdhlaEdhla Posts: 1,089 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Even better make the second vehicle (if there is one) the husband's preferred vehicle.

Or put the firetruck in the wife's inventory. NO TAKING IT NOW, COWBOY.

(I'm lol'ing at the idea of this whimsical man-child INSISTING on showing up to concerts in omgz teh awesum firetruck isn't it cool guyz?!)
  • FunkyDexterFunkyDexter Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2011
    Ah. I'd spotted the option but wasn't sure what it did. I assumed it would make the wife use the vehicle in preference but didn't realise it would stop the husband doing so. Thanks.

Sadly we're a one car family but hey, Rockerboy's got a complimentary limosine to work so he really can't grumble. I guess his hell raising, midnight drives through the city centre are over but I mean really, he's just turned Elder. Hanging out the window of a stolen fire truck doing 80 past the local grocery store just isn't a good look at his age :roll:.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited January 2011
    Tell me the truth , if a firetruck was sitting in your driveway at your disposal wouldn't you be tempted to use it?
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • LazyDaisy4777LazyDaisy4777 Posts: 323 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Ah. I'd spotted the option but wasn't sure what it did. I assumed it would make the wife use the vehicle in preference but didn't realise it would stop the husband doing so. Thanks.

Sadly we're a one car family but hey, Rockerboy's got a complimentary limosine to work so he really can't grumble. I guess his hell raising, midnight drives through the city centre are over but I mean really, he's just turned Elder. Hanging out the window of a stolen fire truck doing 80 past the local grocery store just isn't a good look at his age :roll:.

But it's his last hurrah. :lol: Your post gave me a good laugh, get him a motorcycle, he has an image to uphold.