Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does your game keep crashing? This worked for me :)

No doubt alot of you have or had sims2, Uninstall sims3, goto your main directory, (what ever windows is installed on) goto your documents, and find the folder called EA highlight it and delete it.

It seems that sims 3 has been having conflict with it, even though all its saves go into an "Electronic Arts" folder.

Comments

• lowenbajowenlowenbajowen Posts: 61 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am very confused, but would like for my Sims game to stop crashing.
    I have the Sims2 and 2 expansion packs still on my laptop with Sims3.

What exactly are you suggesting we do to fix crashes?
  • toast7989toast7989 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Goto "My Documents" folder, and find the folder called EA, and remove it.

It contains your Sims2 saves but it seems as though sims 3 has been conflicting with it, if you do not wish to lose your saves, i guess youll have to wait for a patch/another work around, but it sure worked for me. :)
  • SimGuru_BGY_11SimGuru_BGY_11 Posts: 7,508 SimGuru (retired)
    edited June 2009
    toast7989,

Thanks for posting that! We'll look into that at this end and see if we can verify the fix. I'm glad it worked for you!

-Big Guy-
  • itsricknotreekitsricknotreek Posts: 21 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Uninstall Sims 2 or Sims 3? Why would we need to uninstall the sims 3, or is it because you think it's having issues and if you don't uninstall it first it may affect it?
    edited June 2009
    Uninstal sims 3,

Though, i didnt try it without uninstalling sims 3.

Sorry, ill re clarify everything

1. Uninstall sims3 (optional i guess)
    2. goto My Documents, Delete the EA folder (not Electronic Arts folder)
    3. Install sims3
    4. Cross your fingers :)
    edited June 2009
    Thanks! My game has only crashed twice, so if it keeps happening and I can't find any other reason for it, then I'll probably try this and let everyone know if it worked or not.
  • scifinut68scifinut68 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You may not have enough memory or something like that. I have The Sims 2 on my system (and am leaving it that way). My Sims 3 game is not crashing. Everything works great. However, I do have a new custom-built system (Phenom II 940, Quad Core, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD, Asus M4N82 Deluxe MB, 9800 GTX+ Graphics Card). If you only have the minimum requirements, it should work; however, it's always better to have more than the minimum.

If you need to uninstall Sims 2, then do so. You may want to free up system memory (Ctrl-Alt-Delete, Task Manager) and close out unnecessary items running in the background. Do NOT close down any file that says "System," though.
    edited June 2009
    My game surpasses the minimum specs. It's only crashed twice so far and that was after I updated my drivers.
    edited June 2009
    scifinut68 wrote:
    You may not have enough memory or something like that. I have The Sims 2 on my system (and am leaving it that way). My Sims 3 game is not crashing. Everything works great. However, I do have a new custom-built system (Phenom II 940, Quad Core, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD, Asus M4N82 Deluxe MB, 9800 GTX+ Graphics Card). If you only have the minimum requirements, it should work; however, it's always better to have more than the minimum.

If you need to uninstall Sims 2, then do so. You may want to free up system memory (Ctrl-Alt-Delete, Task Manager) and close out unnecessary items running in the background. Do NOT close down any file that says "System," though.

Scifinut68 - I far surpass the minimum requirements, Its not that i need to free up space, rather than sims 3 having conflict with a sims 2 folder.

I'm running gfroce 9600GT, 6 G's of ram, Windows vista + xp sp3, quad core
  • JayJJayJ Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My comp passes surpasses the min. requirements, but my game keeps crashing, and The Sims 2 was never installed on this computer...
  • AstromiciAstromici Posts: 114 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm not having problems, for my two cents, there is no EA folder. THere's a EA Games folder, and in that, there's absolutely nothing relating to the Sims 3. It's all Sims 2. The Sims 3 content is in the Electronic Arts folder, so I'm a bit confused about how this would work.
  • scifinut68scifinut68 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I just know that if The Sims 3 loaded properly, it would be completely separate from any other game and game folder. There should be no conflict in that area. If anyone's computer surpasses the minimum requirements, then the possibilities are limited to the game not loading properly, system drivers need to be updated, or something like that. There's a conflict, but it shouldn't be with another game.

I have all The Sims 2 games/ep's along with a myriad of added items, global mods, etc. This doesn't interfere with The Sims 3 and how it plays.

• rpowell111rpowell111 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have an EA folder and an Electronic Arts folder. I have deleted all Sims 2 games that were in the EA folder but can't delete the folder itself as it has Medal of Honour in there (my fella would kill me!lol). Sims 3 is in the Electronic Arts folder. If anyone else deletes their EA folder and find they no longer have issues with Sims 3 please can they let us know?
  • bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited June 2009
    you could copy it to a thumb drive or rename it before deleting it. Remember the three words in computers backup! backup! Game seems to run ok on my machine.

My system:

ASUS M2N-SLI
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ black edition
    XFX 8600GT 256MB
    Windows Vista Business 32 bit
    4 GB dual channel OCZ ramp! and backup! TS3 running ok on my machine
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • capt_sunshinecapt_sunshine Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    A cruel hoax to get us to delete our poor, working Sims 2 characters? Heheh, I just copied the folder to my root C:\, and it still freezes --- no luck on my end.
  • CryptonCrypton Posts: 224 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I do not have Sims 2 installed (never has been installed on my new system) - I was not having any crashes until yesterday, earlier today/last night I installed the latest beta nVidia drivers (168.08 x64), so far I have not had another crash, but I am not sure if it is too early to tell yet.. Will be playing and if it crashes again I will do the same as I did before, email them another dxdiag and report it.
  • QueenBeQueenBe Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hello,

My english isn't very good but i hope you all understand.
    My sims3 keeps crashing if i want to creat a sim.
    I don't have the sims 2 on my laptop.
    Does anyone know what i can do to make it stop crashing?

bye Sanne from Holland
  • lovealwaysxOlovealwaysxO Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2009
    QueenBe wrote:
    Hello,

bye Sanne from Holland

I have this problem too, and also when i try to move in a family, basically everything i try to go on away from the neighbourhood view causes my computer to shut itself down.

I used to have the sims 2 on this computer, but not anymore and I don't have any other EA games installed on here so I have no EA games folder. Hmm :? this is really frustrating.
  • JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited June 2009
    that didn't work for me my comp was reformatted due to other errors and my game still shuts off completely.
  • PlayerMttjmsPlayerMttjms Posts: 547 New Member
    edited July 2010
    QueenBe wrote:
    Hello,

bye Sanne from Holland

I have this problem too, and also when i try to move in a family, basically everything i try to go on away from the neighbourhood view causes my computer to shut itself down.

I used to have the sims 2 on this computer, but not anymore and I don't have any other EA games installed on here so I have no EA games folder. Hmm :? this is really frustrating.

I Had the same problem and I fixed it by updating Direct X and it worked so I hope it does for you :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • rachiebaberachiebabe Posts: 446 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Do we have to remove it from 'Program Files' aswell? Because I have done it from Documents as well.
  • SymantecoSymanteco Posts: 235 New Member
    edited July 2010
    This thread is based on TOTAL NONSENSE!!! DO NOT DELETE YOUR SIMS 2, SIMS 3 is NOT conflicting with it!

If your game suffers random crashes or error 12 or 13 then you need to follow the instructions on the fix for it.

It is one or both of two things:

1. DEP
    2. 2GB limit on 64bit computers

Both of these are addressed at http://www.soulfulsims.com - read the DEP instructions (for both 32 and 64 bit computers) download and apply the 2gb limit fix (64bit users).

DONE DEAL.
  • SASHIOHIHASASHIOHIHA Posts: 29
    edited July 2010
    i need help my sims 3 ambitions keeps crushing after try to move in my sim i really want to play it please help
  • PlayerMttjmsPlayerMttjms Posts: 547 New Member
    edited July 2010
    To Everyone who's game keeps Crashing when they try to create a sim or move in a family: This happened to me so I Updated DirectX which worked hope it helps
  • SymantecoSymanteco Posts: 235 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Is ANYBODY reading the posts on getting the fix? Does anybody use THE SEARCH feature of this site before posting MY GAME KEEPS CRASHING...

Everyday there are new threads regarding MY GAME KEEPS CRASHING - use the search feature on the forums to see if someone has already answered you!

HERE - GET THE FIX!!!