Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to see roofs! And other questions!

How do you see roofs lol? I go to the looking thing and it has no walls up, some walls up and all roofs up but not roof up.... so i can't see the roof on my sims house......

Also can you put anything in you sims inventory or only some things?

Thanks!

Comments

• The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited January 2011
    To see the roof you have to go up a floor until you can see it.

There are only some things you can put in your sims personal inventory, you can't put furniture but you can put a lot of things in there such as fish, seeds, books, photos, paintings, cars and more.
  • ClusdyClusdy Posts: 82
    edited January 2011
    I can't even see it neighbourhood view... maybe im not putting it on properly.... do u just put roofs on like in sims 2 by starting on one corner and dragging?

• DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited January 2011
    Yes.
    edited January 2011
    Docsprock wrote:
    Yes.
    What?
  • elijahhines10elijahhines10 Posts: 6,433 Member
    edited January 2011
    Did you put a roof on:?:
    All you do is build it just like any sims game:P
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited January 2011
    There's a great list of tutorials in the Creative Corner section of the forums. I've learned a lot there. :)
    giphy.gif

• romagi1romagi1 Posts: 1,227
    edited January 2011
    Clusdy wrote:
    I can't even see it neighbourhood view... maybe im not putting it on properly.... do u just put roofs on like in sims 2 by starting on one corner and dragging?

Docsprock wrote:Yes.

I am fairly sure that he was answering you question.

Yes, you put them on just like in Sims 2.

Even if you do auto roof - you still can't see it from the neighborhood view? I have seen post about this but not since the game first came out. Is your game fully patched?
  • ChloesaysChloesays Posts: 448
    edited January 2011
    i believe you cant see roofs because your graphics card isnt a good match for the game. I used to have this problem until I bought a new graphics card. You should invest in one.
    edited January 2011
    I havn't downloaded any patches.... just got the game... but ahh it takes soo long to download the patches!
  • TauntaTaunta Posts: 25
    edited January 2011
    Well first of all, if you haven't built a roof on your house, your house won't have a roof, haha. (: You can build roofs in the build mode, and you can manually build one by clicking and dragging, or you can let the game build one automatically! Try playing around with the tools until you're comfortable with them.

If you have built a roof and just aren't seeing it, then try raising the camera one floor above your highest floor.

If you have built one and you've done that and it's still not showing, then let me know, because that indicates a problem with your graphics card or video driver. (:
    edited January 2011
    Patches fixed it up :D! Didn't take as long as i thought it would to download, around 30 mins.