The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4???

I've heard a few people mention it. Is it really already in the works?

Comments

• lunasysimslunasysims Posts: 5,858 Member
    edited January 2011
    I hope not. :lol:
    Happiness is always just a plumbob away.
  • chloejones92chloejones92 Posts: 913 Member
    edited January 2011
    I hope not either, ive just got used to the sims 3 and i want there to be lotsss of expansions first :)
    My origin- chloejones92
    laddd44.gif
  • KelseyMeshellKelseyMeshell Posts: 752 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I was just wondering if anyone had actually heard that there would be one.
  • Whales_RockWhales_Rock Posts: 3,872 New Member
    edited January 2011
    People always get a little feisty when I say this... but I read an article at the releaso of Sims 3 that it was the last edition of the Sims.
  • Whales_RockWhales_Rock Posts: 3,872 New Member
    edited January 2011
    People always get a little feisty when I say this... but I read an article at the releaso of Sims 3 that it was the last edition of the Sims.
    edited January 2011

That wouldn't burst my bubble. I would rather them focus on fixing the issues with the current game and eventually expanding game play.
  • chloejones92chloejones92 Posts: 913 Member
    edited January 2011
    I agree as long as they expanded sims 3 and sorted out some of its problems i wouldnt mind if they didnt bring out a sims 4.
    My origin- chloejones92
    laddd44.gif
  • SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Guys, relax.
    If it is in production, it takes a long time to get the game right. Years! So you still have lots of time with Sims 3. ;)
  • Daytona500PDaytona500P Posts: 1,345 New Member
    edited January 2011
    it is in the works but dont worry people, its going to be a loooooooong time before it's released, it takes several years to make a video game like the sims.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited January 2011
    it is in the works but dont worry people, its going to be a loooooooong time before it's released, it takes several years to make a video game like the sims.
    There is no official word as of yet that I know of about the making of S4. But I imagine that EA has designer working on the construct of the game by now. Sims seem to be released about every 5 years from the release date of the last one. So S4 will probably be released in 2013, or there abouts. So I wouldn't worry about that just yet. I wouldn't worry about if 3 would be fixed by the time 4 is released. Because 3 should be fixed long before then. Ea really can't afford to ignore the problems that 3 is having right now. Not unless they really want to loose the entire sims fan base. Which includes the mass majority of us. :D
  • Aqua3197Aqua3197 Posts: 286 Member
    edited January 2011

Sims 3 is enough for me!It would be cool if Sims 3 became like Sims 2 with many expansion packs. I would love seasons and pets. Yet then I never realy used pets in Sims 2 >< (:
  • Hello_simmy10Hello_simmy10 Posts: 29
    edited January 2011
    I can't even wrap my head around an entire new game! I'm still completely psyched about my new expansions! I don't want to know about a new base game I want to hear whats going on with new expansions! Has anyone heard anything?
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited January 2011
    regardless, they should go beyond 8 ep's for ts3. That way we can definitely have plenty of new ideas, with all the old ones that we love as well.
  • mitsuhoneymitsuhoney Posts: 1,000 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I will love for The Sims 4 to be a re-introduction to all The Sims one games and expansion packs with some added features of The Sims 2 and Sims 3. :D
  • ThisSIMisCrazedThisSIMisCrazed Posts: 3,719 Member
    edited January 2011
    You guys make me laugh. :lol:

Of course there is a Sims 4 in development! Something would be seriously wrong if there isn't.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2011
    I've heard a few people mention it. Is it really already in the works?

It is a rumor, being EA has not mentioned anything about Sims 4. It is too early for EA to release Sims 4.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • CaptainYodelsCaptainYodels Posts: 14 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Wait, seriously? People are even suggesting another installment of Sims?

Although I'm sure EA could somehow create an even better, more time-consuming Sims game, this is it for me. Sims3 offers phenomenal building options and caters to creativity—what more could we, as Simmers, ask for?

There's a lot that they can expand on with TS3, and I'm certain they will, but are you really willing to buy another base game? I'm absolutely content with TS3 even if they didn't exceed the normal amount of EP's.

Out of curiosity, what would you expect out of TS4?
  • ThisSIMisCrazedThisSIMisCrazed Posts: 3,719 Member
    edited January 2011
    I sense irony.
  • YmirHoYmirHo Posts: 197
    edited January 2011
    I asked the same question about 2 months ago, and I got an answer: It will not happen during 2 years~ Because there still are some new EPs or Sps which are waiting to be published~
    edited January 2011
    Wait, seriously? People are even suggesting another installment of Sims?

Although I'm sure EA could somehow create an even better, more time-consuming Sims game, this is it for me. Sims3 offers phenomenal building options and caters to creativity—what more could we, as Simmers, ask for?

There's a lot that they can expand on with TS3, and I'm certain they will, but are you really willing to buy another base game? I'm absolutely content with TS3 even if they didn't exceed the normal amount of EP's.

Haha, Have you actually played the sims 3?