Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where Can I Safely Get WinRAR?

? I'm a bit apprehensive about downloading WinRAR. Is it safe? Where did you get it?

Also, how do you use it?

Comments

• ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited January 2011
    get it from RARlabs, yes its very safe.

just follow the install instructions. after that, you dont really use it, it will open automaticaly when you download something that is compressed.

you will get a popup page asking you what to do with bla bla bla file. just click 'extract to' and select a location on your computer.

after a while winrar will prompt you to pay for it. dont worry, you can simply close that window and continue to use it
  • ilovetaylorlatnerilovetaylorlatner Posts: 5,790 New Member
    edited January 2011
    hey zeri, do you think you could post a link? :XD:
    edited January 2011
    lemme see if i can find it brb
    edited January 2011
    ok here it is, find whichever language you speak, and select that one. make sure its correct OS too

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
    edited January 2011
    thankss (:
  • AzaraRumohraAzaraRumohra Posts: 2,172 New Member
    edited January 2011
    ^ I got it from rarlabs on my desktop computer

^I got it from CNET on my laptop - 32-bit and 64-bit version still available

Safe ^-^
  • Rud3Rud3 Posts: 699
    edited January 2011
    http://www.win-rar.com/download.html

its free when the time is up u just have to wait for the countdown to go away

or download 7zip its free
    edited January 2011
    shizz, there's so many :shock:
  • KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited January 2011
    Zeri wrote:

just follow the install instructions. after that, you dont really use it, it will open automaticaly when you download something that is compressed.

you will get a popup page asking you what to do with bla bla bla file. just click 'extract to' and select a location on your computer.

after a while winrar will prompt you to pay for it. dont worry, you can simply close that window and continue to use it

It said something about a 40 day trial, then when that is up I have to buy a license. Is that what you mean by what I should ignore? Will I really be able to keep using it?
  • XhippiedippieXXhippiedippieX Posts: 4,938 Member
    edited January 2011
    Kolby wrote:
    Zeri wrote:

It said something about a 40 day trial, then when that is up I have to buy a license. Is that what you mean by what I should ignore? Will I really be able to keep using it?

After your trial period, a box will popup for you to buy it. Just X out of
    the box and keep using it. I have been using it for about three years without
    buying it! :D
  • KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited January 2011
    Kolby wrote:
    Zeri wrote:

After your trial period, a box will popup for you to buy it. Just X out of
    the box and keep using it. I have been using it for about three years without
    buying it! :D

Thanks! I have already started using it. :D
  • xlivE13xxlivE13x Posts: 1,244
    edited January 2011
    get extract frog. It's easier to use, looks better, and is totally free (meaning it won't keep asking you to buy it)