Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC May Be to Blame?

Sims3Folder.jpg

These three files are way larger than they used to be, maybe because of the use of CC files but I have deleted a lot that I don't use. It may be because I have a saved file with a large house and a lot of CC in it..

That saved game crashed when I was in a different area of the city, so I deleted the CC I never used anymore, and that solved the problem. Then I decided to send them on a trip to China and they started freezing every few seconds, making it impossible to play, most likely because of these files..

Is there a reason why these files are larger than they used to be?
I decided to play a different saved file I have and it did the same freezing thing, but it wasn't as harsh.. Help!

Comments

• tori104tori104 Posts: 7,561 Member
    edited January 2011
    I think you can delete your caches that may help. The game regenerates them so you won't lose anything.
  • CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited January 2011
    You can delete the caches and see if they regenerate that big. My files are much much larger than yours (my simCompositorCache is 500,000kb+ for example). I think they get larger as time goes on.
  • ravoxmaticravoxmatic Posts: 80 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Oh yea, I've done that tons of times, just nice to know my computer won't explode or anything. Thanks!

Is there anything else in the file you see that I might have to delete, just to make more room?