Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Klepto Neighbors - Looted my Museum !?!

I'm playing in Twinbrook. Made the huge Salon/Tattoo parlor into a residential lot and moved in my very wealthy explorer (hoping to get him married off soon, so wanted a bigger family home).

I decided to make the ground floor (where the salon used to be) into a "public space" where I could display some of the artifacts and collectibles from my travels, serving as kind of a little free museum. Put in glass display cases, some shelves, a nice little table of cut gems ... stuff like that.

Long story short ... almost everything in my museum is now gone! I lost 3 or 4 ancient vase one night, the zodiac animals collection "poofed", then a whole shelf of canopic jars, and then my Dropa stones!! At first I thought I made some mistake when I set the room up, maybe dropped items thru' the floor or something like that. But then it kept happening!

I haven't seen anyone taking them, but it has to be townspeople with the klepto trait. Has anyone else had something similar occur in game? It's funny, but a little irritating too ... the museum was so nice and that stuff took forever to collect :(

Comments

• Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited January 2011
    how do you set up part of your house as a public place?? :o
  • Options
    Dhouse2Dhouse2 Posts: 96 Member
    edited January 2011
    There's a Marker in the buydebug menu (misc. items) that sets the room aside as public. I think you might need LN, because it's intended for condos and suchlike.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    wow i had no idea! XD

sucks about the town thievery tho.. sounds like my neighborhood (in RL not sims lol)
  • Options
    TauntaTaunta Posts: 25
    edited January 2011
    I think because you set it as a public place, everything in it became "public property" so anything that is small and can fit in an inventory goes poof! The same reason why you can pick up books left outside your apartment main doors even though you're not sure who they belong to. I'm sorry to hear about your relics.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    o yeah i hadnt thought of that. public lots like parks have an auto cleanup feature. every night at 1 all the 'garbage' left behind by any sims that day just vanishes. that is probably what happened
  • Options
    Dhouse2Dhouse2 Posts: 96 Member
    edited January 2011

I thought it might be the auto-clean feature too. But not everything went at the same time, and when I put in some test items, including dropped inventory stuff, and watched the room thru' the wee hours (when stuff is cleaned) nothing happened.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    hmm well that is really odd, maybe it was just klepto neighbros