Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Can't Dig Up Dig Sites

I don't know what happened with installing Ambitions.

I would be able to travel find, explore tombs and dig up dig sites using that item you could buy at the special merchant dude.

But now, when I click on a dig site, my sim throws a fit, waves his hands and says he can't walk to the dig site. Hes standing right on top of it.

Any idea(s) or thoughts on what might have happened or if this is a known bug?

Thanks!

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2010
    Now that one is indeed a bug in the game and is being reported by everybody that has WA and the patch and/or Ambitions. That is one problem I do hope they fix and should have no problem duplicating as I have yet had anyone tell me they can still excavate since the new patch and Ambitions. There is no work around that I have found, nor has anyone noted that I know of. At least there is not a problem inside the tombs, it seems to be just those places scattered about for excavating.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• gtrip2luvgtrip2luv Posts: 11
    edited January 2011
    has anyone heard anything about this issue or know when they are going to patch the problem????
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited January 2011
    Hi,

Sims being unable to use excavation sites is a known issue and will be addressed at some point in a future game update. The issue is actually caused by a pathfinding error. In the meantime, there is a third party mod at the MTS website that will correct this.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!