Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

People in Careers/Professions?

I want to play in Riverview, but I'm not sure how it works when you place one of the Community Lots when it comes to the people that work there. Does the games just throw random Sims who already live in the Town into the new Lot, or do I have to import new Sims to work there? Like, let's say that Random Guy works for the Fire Department in Twinbrook. I put the Fire Department into Riverview. Does the game take a copy of Random Guy and add him to Riverview as well, or does the game add someone who already lives in Riverview?

Thanks, and sorry if this makes no sense! :D

Comments

• BGateGWayBBGateGWayB Posts: 3,828 Member
    edited January 2011
    Well this question is very confusing but I think the answer is... er...
    Well the make the sims in that town become employed there or pop out new simmies to do so. :D Hope I helped?

Wait, are you in a different town then your original sim? or are you placing another firehouse in the same town?
  • LRM09LRM09 Posts: 6,235 Member
    edited January 2011
    The game adds people from that town you are playing...If you put a fire Department in Riverview, then someone from Riverview will work their..
  • AngelicMiseryAngelicMisery Posts: 397 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Thanks, LRM09. =)
    I want to play in Riverview, but still have access to all the new Careers from the Expansions. I didn't want to show up to work and have no one there. :D
    BGateGWayB, yes, I would be in a new Town. It would be a whole new Firehouse.
  • Sandy0038Sandy0038 Posts: 1,430 Member
    edited January 2011
    yesterday i just switched to riverview too and there was an automatic worker in the consignment store so i assume its the same for the other lots too.
    edited January 2011
    Sandy0038 wrote:
    yesterday i just switched to riverview too and there was an automatic worker in the consignment store so i assume its the same for the other lots too.

I noticed the cashier in the Consignment Shop too. I'll have to look again, but I don't think he had the name of anyone from Riverview.
  • hlouisehlouise Posts: 409 New Member
    edited January 2011
    They will usually make someone already living in Riverview work there as the stylist, tattoo artist, etc
    But sometimes it might be someone random
    You might not recognize the sim, because story progression is always moving new sims into town it seems like.
    edited January 2011
    i always forget about Story Progression. I added the Lots to Riverview, so I guess we'll see what happens when I put a Sim into the Profession.
  • Dovepaw15Dovepaw15 Posts: 146
    edited January 2011
    I was playing in Sunset Valley and Yumi Seemeeto (Sorry, I have no idea how to spell that) was the stylist! I lol'ed.
  • dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited January 2011
    Sandy0038 wrote:

The fire dept. will be empty unless you have a sim in your active family working there. I used to use it as a place for my hobo sims to sleep/shower/eat and there was never anyone there.

There will be sims at the consignment store, and the salon--they are drawn from the local population of sims.
  • HosfacHosfac Posts: 292 New Member
    edited January 2011
    The fire dept. will be empty unless you have a sim in your active family working there. I used to use it as a place for my hobo sims to sleep/shower/eat and there was never anyone there.

Lol. I do that with new households that I move into vacant lots until they have the money to build a shelter of some kind with some manner of furnishings.

And here I thought I was the only one.....
    edited January 2011
    lol Hobo Sims? I didn't know that was possible.
  • HosfacHosfac Posts: 292 New Member
    edited January 2011
    lol Hobo Sims? I didn't know that was possible.

Let's be honest: all of the affordable housing for starting sims is crappy. They all either have 1 bedroom, are smaller than my garage in real life, or you can't afford to buy them furnished. And many of them fit all 3 criteria lol.

So, when I start a family out, I don't buy a house. I buy the largest empty lot available. Yes, this creates pretty much every last problem I described above, but the bright side is that the lot has enough room for me to build a huge house that can accommodate a considerable family. Eventually.

However doing this has a "minor" side effect of using almost every simoleon they have. While your sims are land owners...they're effectively homeless. Before Ambitions came out, you had but one option: you bought a bed and hopefully some kitchen appliances so you could eat and sleep. You're not going to be able to afford much of anything else. Then your sims would spend their off-time at the gym so they could use the bathroom, take a shower and watch tv.

After Ambitions came out, another opportunity presented itself: your sims could become squatters until they built a house! The fire department is the best place, since it has a refrigerator, bathrooms, televisions and beds.

This is what I do, but I'm not sure about her. But I'd guess it's something similar.
    edited January 2011
    Ah! That's a pretty goo idea. My Sims always end up having crappy stuff that ends up making them miserable. I might just try this with a new family.