Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So. friggin. slow.

I uninstalled The Sims 2 off my computer specifically so I wouldn't have this problem!

My game is barely crawling along, and I barely have any programs on my computer. Also, the graphics ****. It's all blurry and blocky. "No loading times"? HAH. Everything I try to do takes forever. Any advice? I can't enjoy the game!!! :cry:

Comments

• BlackLitheBlackLithe Posts: 143 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm having the same problem on my Windows XP. What kind of computer do you have?? It's so aggravating because according to my system specs it should run, and run WELL. But it is so slow. I tell my sim to talk to another person, and they stand there for 3 minutes (and not SIM MINUTES) before they do anything. And then it's 3 minutes more when I tell them to do anything else. I've downloaded DirectX 9.0c just so my computer is compatible with it, and then tried to upgrade my drivers. Who knows if it worked, I'm too afraid of disappointment to try it.
  • ChefEmmaChefEmma Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm an XP too! And theoretically, the game should work really well! I had the sims 2 cranked up to max. graphics and it worked like a charm. I don't understand why this game is any different.
  • Soccerlily033Soccerlily033 Posts: 55 New Member
    edited June 2009
    sounds like we're all in the same boat
  • FPCreationsFPCreations Posts: 68 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have the opposite of you,lol.

My sims 2 used to be really laggy a lot of the time, but my Sims 3 runs so smooth and quick.

I dont know how to fix the problem, but I wish you all good luck. :)
  • JazzyTeeJazzyTee Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have the same problem.
    I've been playing the game on and off for about 5 hours...didn't get to go through a whole Sim day yet.
    (mind you, that may have to do a little with me reading the directions, uninstalling Sims 2 but you get what I mean.)
  • tastethecouragetastethecourage Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Can you provide us with the specifications of your PC?

Sims 3 is a much different beast than Sims 2. In Sims 3, every single Sim in the entire neighborhood is being dealt with by the game's AI (aging, going to work, school, etc). Basically, your computer is "running" this whole city in real-time. It's a much more demanding game because of it.

In the Sims 2, the only thing being rendered and computed was your own home most of the time.
  • chibi_goth15chibi_goth15 Posts: 310 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Mine does that too D:

I took off tons of crap from my computer, defragged, compressed, cleaned up, and recycled binned the hell out of stuff. I install and it barely works. Just lag after lag after lag DX and I still have 65% memory left so it can't be that, and my thing is up to date with all system requirements and it's XP as well.

@tastethecourage: No, cause mine lags even jsut in CAS when I wanted to make a character. D:It took like 2-3 minutes just for one change or a button click to do anything. and all my graphic settings I put on low, just so I could see if that helped. It did nothing to help :c
  • Christyjo126Christyjo126 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey everyone! I have a Windows XP and I've been having the same problems with the game, it has been SOOOO slow, takes forever to load a game and it took me FOREVER to get through just one hour in Sim time. Soooo I looked on the back of the game case at system requirements and it says you need 1.0 GB of RAM (XP that is, for Vista you need 1.5 GB of RAM). I only have 348 MB! I'm going to go to Staples and buy a RAM memory chip. To find out how much RAM I had I when to start > control panel > performance and maintenance > and then see basic information about your computer. I really think it will work! Hope I helped someone!
  • JulisaBlueJulisaBlue Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey everybody! I have the same problem too, but when i cheked the computer information it said it had 1.99GB and i think thats pretty well to play sims 3. I also need to say that the graphics look blurry and not smooth, and even if i use the options and put it on low instead of high, it doesnt happen anything at all. And when im creating sims, their bodies are sometimes out of their position, or wont fat or muscle. :( I NEED HELP!!
  • AstromiciAstromici Posts: 114 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This is one of those cases where a DXDIAG would acually be useful. Post a DXdiag please.
  • bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited June 2009
    no system specs. Do your machines meet min specs? Just because you "cleaned" your machine doesn't mean you freed up system resources. S3 is a system hog. What's running in the background? firewall, antivirus, and god only knows what else. Check your cpu usage. How about fps in the game. Low fps is a possible video problem. more info needed
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • GorgousGorgous Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Join the club! Its soo depressing. I was excited for this game for months and when I get it, what a let down.
  • galivantinggalivanting Posts: 40 New Member
    edited June 2009
    bob007 wrote:
    no system specs. Do your machines meet min specs? Just because you "cleaned" your machine doesn't mean you freed up system resources. S3 is a system hog. What's running in the background? firewall, antivirus, and god only knows what else. Check your cpu usage. How about fps in the game. Low fps is a possible video problem. more info needed

slow down there haus.... this is a sims forum... you are talking to middle aged women... fps... firewall... cpu.... their heads might fall off

put it simply. you got too much stuff going, turn off stuff.
  • Hahaman129Hahaman129 Posts: 59 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Clock the start, and click "Run." Then type "dxdiag" (without the quotes). Post everything that's listed there. I'll try and help you guys and gals out.
  • DarkLord7854DarkLord7854 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited June 2009
    ChefEmma wrote:
    I uninstalled The Sims 2 off my computer specifically so I wouldn't have this problem!

My game is barely crawling along, and I barely have any programs on my computer. Also, the graphics ****. It's all blurry and blocky. "No loading times"? HAH. Everything I try to do takes forever. Any advice? I can't enjoy the game!!! :cry:

Uninstalling programs does not affect how well you can run a game.

It sounds more like your computer does not meet the minimum requirements, regardless of how well Sims 2 ran.
  • FrizziFrizzi Posts: 34 Member
    edited June 2009
    I am having to buy a completely new computer because mine doesn't like it. That's 500 quid out of my pocket! :shock:

I've been told TS3 is the most powerful game on the market at the moment. (N)
  • princess4princess4 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    mines so slow too ..... im afraid i might actually unload soon :(
  • AlohamoraAlohamora Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I Have To Same Problem! Is There Something Wrong With My System?

System Information
    Time of this report: 6/5/2009, 22:52:10
    Machine name: BIANCA
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
    System Model: System Product Name
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/26/05 20:06:35 Ver: 08.00.10
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 1022MB RAM
    Page File: 626MB used, 1833MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6600
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 6600
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0141&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A2
    Display Memory: 256.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
    Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
    Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0010.8185 (English)
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)