Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lagging/Freezing After 1.18 Patch? - Post Here

Comments

• kcpzkcpz Posts: 549 New Member
    edited December 2010
    brandi22 wrote:
    1. Describe what happens (is it just lagging or does the game actually freeze?)
    2. Had you experienced freezing/lagging in your game BEFORE the patch?
    3. What 'hood? Also, were you in a
    hood you had been playing prior to the patch, or was it a new hood?
    4. Any mods/cc? If so, please describe them in brief. PLEASE POST WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE THE OVERWATCH MOD INSTALLED.
    5. Mac or PC?
    6. After how many Sims seconds is the issue occurring? (best guess)
    7. Did you clear the game cache files and Windows Temp files before / after installing the patch?
    8. IMPORTANT: Originally posted by cuddlybun: "Some players report that they wait until the next early morning (3am-6am [Sim time]) and the lag disappears completely. Just see if you can get that far and if it fixes it." Did the problem eventually clear up after a few days/hours of Sim time or after playing your lot for awhile? If not, did something else you did resolve the problem?

1. Mainly freezing with lagging followed by another freeze.
    2. Never experienced it before.
    3. Played in Bridgeport although did patch when Sim was sleeping...
    4. No mods or CC or anything of that sort.
    5. PC.
    6. Not before, but did after.
    7. I started a new game and everything worked absolutely fine :mrgreen:
  • KyaniKyani Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    I'm having tons of lag issues. I was having them before the patch too. Sims freeze, vanish into thin air, and randomly reset to name a few problems. I don't use any mods. Today the lag was so bad I couldn't do anything so I just turned it off. It's rly annoying :(
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited December 2010
    I would just advise you all to move your sims out of Bridgeport. Bridgeport is full of lags, glitches and a lot more. I found moving my sims to Riverview/Twinbrook/Sunset Valley and adding clubs there moves the game smoothly. You all should try to do this. I don't have a lag anymore since leaving Bridgeport. ALso take out any overwatch mods and delete cache files. Also restart your computer before playing the game.
  • iJancyiJancy Posts: 68 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I've tried new games and after a while it starts all over again with the lagging/choppiness.
    Plus people purchased LateNight to actually play LateNight and should not have to resort to playing another town. EA needs to fix this problem. I have been going back and forth with emails to tech support and so far no resolution to this annoying unplayable game problem.
    I have no mods/never have/restart often/deleted cache/deleted dcbackup/ reinstalled/ changed Sims3 folder to Sims 3 backup. Nothing is resolving this issue.
    I do not think that it is going to be corrected on our end. It is something with the programming/coding with EA.
  • sarasayshisarasayshi Posts: 51 Member
    edited December 2010
    Overwatch has fixed my freezing problem. Now instead of 3-5 minute freezes, I get like a 5 second freeze occasionally.
    Youtube Channel
    Sim Gallery ID: SimGemini
    Follow me on: Twitter & Instagram
  • LunellagirlLunellagirl Posts: 28 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I was having this same problem ever since the latest patch. By deleting the cache, thumbnails, and also resetting a townie my game is now completely lag free.
    To clear cache go to sims 3 folder and delete:
    CASPartCache.package
    compositorCache.package
    simCompositorCache.package
    scriptCache.package

Also delete what is in the thumbnail folder.....all these files are safe to delete as they will regenerate themselves after playing the game. (if you don't want to delete them just move them to another area in your computer)

After I did this I tried playing one of my families in Bridgeport and the was a townie stuck behind the hospital. By using the cheat resetsim (control-shift-c to open cheat box), then typing in the sim's name I sent her back to her original location. After this the lag reduced until after a few sim hours it was gone completely. I have been playing this family for about a sim week and the lag has not returned. I hope this helps!
  • SkullkinSkullkin Posts: 148 Member
    edited December 2010

Are YOU lagging like that? 8)
  • rosketteroskette Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    I found the same issue, I downloaded the update today and it kept freezing constantly. But I did what somebody had already posted, just kept patiently playing until about 4am it finally stopped and now the game is back to normal. Yay!
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited December 2010
    The stupid game freezes every 10 sim minutes. All the sound keeps playing but the clock and my sim completely stop.
    2. Had you experienced freezing/lagging in your game BEFORE the patch? No
    I was playing in Riverview and I had just started playing there after patching the game.
    4. Any mods/cc? If so, please describe them in brief. PLEASE POST WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE THE OVERWATCH MOD INSTALLED.
    I had some cc that I got from the exchange but it still kept happening after I deleted all the cc.
    5. Mac or PC? PC
    6. After how many Sims seconds is the issue occurring? (best guess) 10 to 20 seconds
    7. Did you clear the game cache files and Windows Temp files before / after installing the patch? Nope
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited December 2010
    Here is what I am having

When I load Bridgeport that I made in The Sims 3 Late Night, my game lags when I change speeds. It runs normally when I pause it.

Nope, I have a High-End Computer

Bridgeport, When I got The Sims 3 Late Night original version

I don't have Mods/CC (Just EA Content). I do not have the OverWatch Mod Installed.

5. Mac or PC?
    A PC that runs Windows 7 Professional

1-3 Sim Seconds, I think. It happens when I use Ultra, Fast or Normal Speed.

7. Did you clear the game cache files and Windows Temp files before / after installing the patch?
    I did not remove the files after or prior to installing the update.

8. IMPORTANT: Originally posted by cuddlybun: "Some players report that they wait until the next early morning (3am-6am [Sim time]) and the lag disappears completely. Just see if you can get that far and if it fixes it." Did the problem eventually clear up after a few days/hours of Sim time or after playing your lot for awhile? If not, did something else you did resolve the problem?
    I have got to try that.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Dhouse2Dhouse2 Posts: 96 Member
    edited December 2010
    Minor freezes (1-2 RL seconds) of the Sim being played, occuring every 5-10 RL seconds ... other stuff (background music & conversations, water running, puddles clearing up, etc.) continues fine

Never

3. What 'hood? Also, were you in a hood you had been playing prior to the patch, or was it a new hood?
    Happened on my 2nd trip to "China", only happened during the vacation, while doing an adventure in Market Caverns tomb -- was visiting from Twinbrook (which has played/continues to play normally)

Minor mods (no choking, no mosaic, more fish, more slots) -- tons of CC (store and off-site) -- no Overwatch or major mods ever

5. Mac or PC?
    PC - Windows 7

Started many Sim hours into this game, the 2nd or 3rd day of my second China trip

No

Did not wait that long -- I paused the game and checked all over the map. Several local Sims were "stuck" at the bottom of the stairs in the Hot Springs pool area (stomping their feet and doing the "cannot get to there" thought bubble). I reset them, then got my own Sim back to base cap and reset him before putting him to bed. This cleared up the "overseas" lag -- I returned "home" 2 or 3 days later. Home hood is fine (well... other than the miserable Sims)
  • firepkmnfirepkmn Posts: 16
    edited December 2010
    It has something to do with the AI Sims. Mine starts at 5PM (Sim Time) and yes its true in the morning it stops lagging. LN has something to do with it, every night a lot of Sims and cars roam around right? Some of them gets stuck and some cars build up... That's why it keeps lagging, they said the OVERWATCH MOD can stop this lag. But i don't know i haven't tried.
  • 006Rob006Rob Posts: 52
    edited December 2010
    I seem to have a simmilar but slightly diffferent problem with sims themselves freezing every few steps when running in clubs or going through doors/elevators! Interactions seem to be incredibly slow when out on the town. ANyone else experienced this or is this what you all mean by lag?
  • athenamaeathenamae Posts: 31 Member
    edited December 2010
    1. I have no lag... just game freezes. They usually resolve themself in a few minutes but on occasion they make the game crash
    2. I had some freezing before hand, but not nearly as much as with the patch. I had it about once a week, and only if i was playing for massive amounts. now with the patch i am getting freezes every couple minutes.
    3. The freezing occured to me in river view, bridge port and the downloaded pirate themed land from the sim store. These three i had played before and after the patch. All of them froze up much more offten after the patch.
    4. I do have some sim store objects and some custom clothing. I do not have any mods besides the objects, and i do not have the over watch mod.
    5. Mac
    6. About every 5 sim seconds, also if i change the speed at all of the game or try to change from build mode to play and vice versus
    7. Yes, i have tried this, it has not helped.
    8. The problem does not resolve its self on its own, and nothing i have done seems to have helped the issue. After about 2-3 sim days of playing the game usually freezes up and crashes to the desk top.
  • MirthyrZeoMirthyrZeo Posts: 193 New Member
    edited December 2010
    The game lag entirely, for pause, zoom, interactions, if my Sim rides a vehicle It's game over, cause the ride takes forever for load.

No, never, I play with the graphics in the max and experienced areas crowed of Sims and my computer behaviour was normal, any lag at all.

I'm been playing in Bridgeport so far untill now.

I only have the Master Controler Instaled.

5. Mac or PC?
    PC.

It took a good amount of time, It started when some Sims stayed stucked inside (and outside) of a build, after clear the mess the lag started.

No, but I cleared the caches inside of the game and nothing happened, also every new town that I started had lag, making me need to re-install the game, even the game loading time was bigger.

I don't had patience for wait because my game was unplayable due the lag.
  • Simplyfunny3Simplyfunny3 Posts: 41 Member
    edited December 2010
    Yes before the patch i had that stopandgoproblem before in riverview, eversecond or so and it dons't get un stuck. It allso crashes to the desktop very often. Allso it happend in Baricalebay.
  • 006Rob006Rob Posts: 52
    edited December 2010
    Yes before the patch i had that stopandgoproblem before in riverview, eversecond or so and it dons't get un stuck. It allso crashes to the desktop very often. Allso it happend in Baricalebay.

Yes! SOmeone has my problem. I have ocntacted EA to fix this and they have replied wanting to know my computers info. Even though I don't believe my computers the problem considering how well it works when playing in every other neighbourhood and EGypt,France and China. Surely those would be harder to process!
  • Checkmate187Checkmate187 Posts: 666 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I just bought the base game and patched it with the latest update, and this problem started for me.

The only thing that worked was ctrl-shift-c, then type in 'resetsim *'

This cleared it up immediately.

As I said, I have just the vanilla game, nothing downloaded, no mods, nothing. Using the base game neighborhood.

This worked like a charm and have had no problems since.

Thanks to whoever posted this code.
  • KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited December 2010
    i never saw this thread before, never even knew it existed
    i've been complaining my head off on these forums for awhile now so here goes.

Oh and I have done ABSOLUTLY EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO FIX THIS. But NOTHING works.
    I have uninstalled 16 times, deleted all the registry keys to due with late night, cleared ALL of my custom content out, cleared my cache, reinstalled and the problem is still exists. I've had this since the beginning of November. I don't play often anymore due to this freezing.

1. Describe what happens. The Game Completly Freezes/lags I can't move around without it going 1000x slow i just cant enjoy my experience.

2. Had you experienced freezing/lagging in your game BEFORE the patch? A few weeks after late night I began to experience this freezing every 5 minutes. I didn't download the patch until awhile after.

Bridgeport and Now I'm playing in Twinbrook and the freezing has continued over here.

4. Any mods/cc? I have the overwatch mod installed but it didn't cure the freezing every 5 minutes of game play.

5. Mac or PC?
    PC

6. After how many Sims seconds is the issue occurring?
    Every 4-5 minutes.
    Now it's beginning to start right when I start up the game in the main menu.

7. Did you clear the game cache files and Windows Temp files before / after installing the patch? After.

8. IMPORTANT: Nope. The problem continues forever every couple of minutes it just freezes/lags the whole game and I have to wait for it to release it's self basically for 5 more minutes and then it continues all over again.
  • KetlseyKetlsey Posts: 57 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I have notice when working with CAW that there is something wrong with the SIMS pathing logic. Objects such as trees create thier own none routing zone around themself. The program routing logic never let routing paths inside the objects exclusion zone.
    Since the patch the program is creating routing paths inside or on the edge of the object exclusion zone.
  • Musickat18Musickat18 Posts: 9
    edited December 2010
    1. Describe what happens: I can open the game, and so long as it's paused I can do any variety of things (buy stuff, give commands, etc.) but about 5 sim minutes after unpausing, it freezes completely. I move can move the mouse around but not click on anything...I have to ctrl+alt+del to close the program.

2. Had you experienced freezing/lagging in your game BEFORE the patch? No

3. What 'hood? Also, were you in a hood you had been playing prior to the patch, or was it a new hood? --> It's Sunset Valley and it had been working fine before, just a slight lag on occasion when on speed 3, but not often or for long.

4. Any mods/cc? no, only a couple things from the Sims 3 store.

5. Mac or PC? PC

6. After how many Sims seconds is the issue occurring? 5-10

7. Did you clear the game cache files and Windows Temp files before / after installing the patch? --> After, the issue is not resolved.

8. IMPORTANT: Originally posted by cuddlybun: "Some players report that they wait until the next early morning (3am-6am [Sim time]) and the lag disappears completely. Just see if you can get that far and if it fixes it." Did the problem eventually clear up after a few days/hours of Sim time or after playing your lot for awhile? If not, did something else you did resolve the problem? --> So far no.
  • NimlosimNimlosim Posts: 129 New Member
    edited December 2010
    1. Describe what happens: I can play between a few sim hours to 2 sim days until the game freezes permanently. The plumbob still spins, leaves rustle, music plays and I can move the cursor, but everything else is frozen and I can't select anything. The game does not return to normal.

To fix this I've tried: Clearing my cache and temporary files, playing in Windows mode, disabling an external sound card and enabling my on-board soundcard, shutting down my firewall and virus scan, disabling UAC, disabling the aero theme, running in compatibility mode, updating my directX, updating my drivers, lowering my computer's resolution, lowering my game's graphics, re-installing the game, reinstalling EADM, running the program as administrator and starting the game directly from the .exe file.

None of that has worked. The game still freezes to the point where I have to select ctrl-alt-delt and close the program.

2. Had you experienced freezing/lagging in your game BEFORE the patch? No.

3. What 'hood? Also, were you in a hood you had been playing prior to the patch, or was it a new hood? I only play Sunset Valley.

4. Any mods/cc? I have Twallan's Overwatch Mod, Story Progression Mod, Master Controller Mod and Written Word mod. All are up to date. I have CC from the Sims Store.

5. Mac or PC? Windows 7 PC.

6. After how many Sims seconds is the issue occurring? (best guess) About 300 sim seconds.

7. Did you clear the game cache files and Windows Temp files before / after installing the patch? YES.

8. Did the problem eventually clear up after a few days/hours of Sim time or after playing your lot for awhile? If not, did something else you did resolve the problem? This problem has not been resolved. I have left the computer alone for hours at a time after the game freezes to see if it will return to normal. It does not. The game has to be closed with cntrl-alt-delt.

I have World Adventures and Ambitions but I do not have Late Night.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • EMMAKAYEMMAKAY Posts: 8
    edited December 2010
    So my game has been unplayable due to freezing for about two days now. I only have the world adventures expansion pack and i play in sunset valley. At around 2am sim time i went into buy mode to remove a stuck sim using moveobjectson..my game was still freezing but soon as i came out of buy mode...it hasnt frozen or lagged...its weird! I can play normal now...
  • pixelrpixelr Posts: 23 New Member
    edited December 2010

I'm experiencing both lagging and brief freezing.

Yes, with Bridgeport.

3. What 'hood? Also, were you in a hood you had been playing prior to the patch, or was it a new hood?

Bridgeport. Got fed up and did a complete clean re-install and started a new game. Play was smooth but an increase in lags began after about 3 hours of game play.

Only content installed is that purchased from the Sims 3 'store'

5. Mac or PC?

Mac

Too random. Sometimes lag/freeze happens when I start the game, other times it takes a few minutes of play. Sometimes at 'night', sometimes during the 'day'.

Cleared the 4 cache files but it didn't seem to have much effect.

One example of severe lagging happened when over 30 sims congregated around the theatre. They were all 'freaking' out. Lags/freeze seem worse when playing a sim living in the 'rich hood' vs one living in the city high rises.

Note - I've also added LN venues (clubs, bars, high rises, etc) to Sunset Valley and the play is absolutely smooth. No lagging, no freezing, no issues at all.
  • MericatMericat Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Was a solution to this ever found? I've recently found mine is freezing about every 20 or 30 actual seconds, only after installing the update.

I didn't clear the cache but wasn't aware i was supposed to.