Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone's game still freezing ?

Mine is still freezing every 5 minutes. I cant be happy with playing when this continues every 5 minutes. I always have to click on the start button to the desk top to occupy me while the freezing/lagging is going on.
I have tried everything possible, Uninstalled all my expansions, deleted registry keys, reinstalled, deleted a bunch of mods and cc, Restarted my computer to earlier dates and still nothing has fixed the lagging/freezing problem. Has anyone found a solution or what the heck should should i do now. My computer is fine, I have enough ram, graphics card is OK but not supported for the sims 3 or w.e but my computer ran SOOOOO quick and easy and I had NO problems what so ever with the other expansions before Late Night came out. I dont know what the problem can be anymore. I've tried everything

Comments

• fruitloops1996fruitloops1996 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Mine's doing that too. It's to the point that I can't even play it. I've gone without playing Sims for weeks. D:
  • KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited December 2010
    Mine's doing that too. It's to the point that I can't even play it. I've gone without playing Sims for weeks. D:

Same. I had to delete everything that i've been playing for the past 6 months now everything is gone and i have start from scratch + freezing/lagging every 5 minutes.
    this is just stupid, no one knows how to fix it
  • Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited December 2010
    The major problem with Bridgeport is the coding issue where sections of the terrain were not properly "painted" as unnavigable terrain, so NPC Sims constantly attempt to get there, and those that do are trapped there. It's a processing nightmare that is further compounded by the NPC abandoned vehicles and the NPS gift vehicles.

This terrain routing issue was NOT fixed in the Version 1.18 patch, though EA was advised of the issue and how to correct it.

If you are interested in resolving the problems with Bridgeport and you are adept at working with files and can follow instructions, this may be of use to you:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/300450.page

There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
    edited December 2010
    The major problem with Bridgeport is the coding issue where sections of the terrain were not properly "painted" as unnavigable terrain, so NPC Sims constantly attempt to get there, and those that do are trapped there. It's a processing nightmare that is further compounded by the NPC abandoned vehicles and the NPS gift vehicles.

This terrain routing issue was NOT fixed in the Version 1.18 patch, though EA was advised of the issue and how to correct it.

If you are interested in resolving the problems with Bridgeport and you are adept at working with files and can follow instructions, this may be of use to you:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/300450.page

I'm not playing in bridgeport. I did play there and that is where this freezing started. I moved over to Twinbrook and I still have the same problem. The overwatch mod I have tried it and sure it deletes some cars but the problem is not going away.
  • suelorchasuelorcha Posts: 318 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I have some freeze issues but they are different to yours Karenn.

The second freeze I encountered was when a whole bunch of sims in town became frozen, mostly standing outside community lots.
    Using Twallans Master Controller I was able to reset everything in the town (Riverview ) and after playing for a few sim days I haven't had that problem again.

My first, more serious freeze has not been resolved.
    In this case my whole town (Sunset Valley)freezes and I can move the cursor around but am unable to click on anything. I used 'reset town' here as well and was able to play for a little longer but it eventually froze again and all progress I had made was lost.
  • RISSI24RISSI24 Posts: 57 Member
    edited December 2010
    Mines still does that too.it frustrates me.
  • pandora_beautypandora_beauty Posts: 68 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I have an odd type of freezing in which the screen seems to shake back and forth. For example, the 'zzzzz's coming off a sim's head when he sleeps visible vibrate back and forth instead of smoothly flowing on the screen. It makes the game unplayable.

Has anyone else had this specific type of freeze?
    edited December 2010
    Ok so where is this patch that fixes all these lags. I've been waiting since the beginning of November
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited December 2010
    I was going great, finally no more lagging, then suddenly after 8 hours of play first time i done that in a long long time, iget lag every 2 mins that lasts about a minute. Its totally annoying.
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited December 2010
  • 006Rob006Rob Posts: 52
    edited December 2010
    If anyone hasn't done so already, make sure graphic card drivers are updated. I contacted EA with my freezeing problem and they gave me instructions to do this and lag has significantly improved (although freezing problem still their, it is less significant). Also, try playing around with the resolutions in the option menu. For some reason, playing on the highest resolution and adjusting my computer's to match it helped the game look better and seemed to help everything run more smoothly. i advise everyone to contact EA by going to the help section above and asking a question which they respond to in about 24 hours and go through possible solutions. It's certainly worth a try.....
  • Bonnie1209Bonnie1209 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I have no lag, but then I don't play in Bridgeport very often. My game does run a little slower there, but I wouldn't call it lag.

Frankly, I don't like it much. Bridgeport, that is.
    edited December 2010
    006Rob wrote:
    If anyone hasn't done so already, make sure graphic card drivers are updated. I contacted EA with my freezeing problem and they gave me instructions to do this and lag has significantly improved (although freezing problem still their, it is less significant). Also, try playing around with the resolutions in the option menu. For some reason, playing on the highest resolution and adjusting my computer's to match it helped the game look better and seemed to help everything run more smoothly. i advise everyone to contact EA by going to the help section above and asking a question which they respond to in about 24 hours and go through possible solutions. It's certainly worth a try.....

I have litterly talked everyday to EA they have told me to delete registry keys, uninstal, resystem my computer to an earlier date. It didn't do anything my game is still litterly Freezes/Lags every 5 minutes. I can move around but it WILL GO SUPER DUPER SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Like I cant enjoy the game while this lag is going on. It's never happend to me before until a few weeks after I purchased Late Night
  • pixelrpixelr Posts: 23 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I'm in the same boat. Did a complete re-install w/o any custom content other than what was purchased from The Store, applied the latest patch and I still get lags and freezes. I noticed that on one occasion about 40 or so sims were all congregated around the side of the theatre. They looked like they were all freaking out. It was amusing because it reminded me of something you'd see from a sci-fi flick.

Anyways the point is I've also added LN venues to Sunset Valley and it plays FINE. No lags or freezes. The immediate difference I notice between the two 'worlds' is activity. LN has a lot more sims, cars, etc moving around and through the town. In comparison Sunset Valley almost feels like a ghost town. I really like the LN town. I just wish it had a better play experience.
  • mrteal1123mrteal1123 Posts: 43
    edited December 2010
    this never happens to me

processor: intel core duo cpu

display: mobile intel 4 series express chipset family
    edited December 2010
    Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0)
    AMD Phenom(tm) 9750 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce 9100

this freezing never happend before late night
  • BrendoushkaBrendoushka Posts: 141 Member
    edited December 2010
    Same situation happens all the time for me since LN to the point that I have to ctr+alt+delete all the time to check the task manager and come to find out it shows this message "game not responding". It's really annoying because I love pc games and I have a few but this one it's the only one so far that freezes or lag in my computer, the other games perform at normal speed so I know it's not my computer. I hope EA crates a fix patch real quick for this issue before releasing the next stuff pack because if not, they will miss a tons of customers (including me). :(