Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's Missing?

Jacobx1995Jacobx1995 Posts: 12 New Member
The Sims 3 is definitely a step up from The Sims 2. A few things are missing that I would like to bring up, and hopefully all of you other posters. Don't get me wrong, this game is great, but I truly miss the ability to: make your own town, bring in your own lots and houses, and decorate the town without having to go to a lot just to add a few decorations. I know this may be only in my opinion, but I like to customize everything in my town. That's all that I think is wrong with the game :D
So anyway, add your own posts of what you think is missing and should be added, and perhaps an expansion pack could help one day :)

Comments

• InsanitySektorInsanitySektor Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I was hoping for the ability to let a few sims in my house do EVERYTHING on their own... but, they won't go out of their way often to seek the own small goals. :(

The Piano also isn't in the game (yet).

AND... I want to let my master chef OWN his own restaurant (that I can design and what not). And my Evil Emperor should be able to build his own lair! ;)
  • iFidgetiFidget Posts: 236 New Member
    edited June 2009
    maybe I haven't played enough but so far i haven't seen any weather per se. Since rain was actually buried in the sims 2 (because of buggyness) even before seasons came out i thought it would be a given to have weather packaged with the full copy of sims 3. :(
  • RextorgoldRextorgold Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Theres no Spa's for your backyard either have to go into the town. There also isn't Speakers like in The Sims 2 I enjoyed those for music all throughout the room.
  • heavenleestarheavenleestar Posts: 54 Member
    edited June 2009
    Well first off let me say I do love this new game but there are a few things I miss

memories
    multiple households
    placing lots
    attractions
    chemistry
    split level
    university
    wedding cakes
    wedding everything I guess
    diving boards
    changing tables
    aspiration rewards
    Smart Milk

Things I don't miss
    Loading screens!!!!!!!
  • heavenleestarheavenleestar Posts: 54 Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh yeah I forgot HOT TUBS!!
  • Kisser_dkKisser_dk Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I would definately say that the aliens is the thing I miss the most.

If EAxis would make a ep where they where in, I would definately buy it! How can I make a insane/evil science career sim, who can not have little green children?

I also miss the memories VERY much! I simply don't know what EAxis was thinking of removing them :(
  • LinkGirlLinkGirl Posts: 44 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I honestly think they're missing a little more than just a few things, but that's me speaking out of disappointment more than anything.

I also love customizing everything in my town, so I was majorly disappointed when I found out you could only play one pre-made neighborhood; but I was even more disappointed to find out you could only really play/save one household at a time.
    It's kind of like EA took one step forward and two steps back. There are some REALLY cool customization options in the game; like the whole pattern system they've created. Amazing. Designing sims and houses has reached a whole new level, but at the same time, we are no longer allowed to customize our own neighborhoods.
    I absolutely love making huge integrated stories between lots, and that's now impossible with The Sims 3 because the whole town is in real time. If there was a way to save individual lots like in The Sims 2 I would be a lot happier with the game.

It would have also been super cool if they allowed you to customize the NPCs (Non-Player Characters), I felt like that was the last step to being able to completely customize a neighborhood to your liking.
  • VermatrixVermatrix Posts: 946 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Lets face it, with each new sims game we lose a lot of content. Look at all the things we lost when Sims 2 came out that The Sims had. And here we are with Sims 3 and we lost the hot tub, pool table, pinball machines, arcade machines, the ability to make a lot for a town with our choice of lot size, the helicopter, a vast amount of hair styles with no option to customize those exept for hair color, and a lot of other things too numerous to mention. Our gains? improved graphics (with glitchs) and maps that actually look like towns without all the lot loading and the ability to drop in on neighbors and more customizing options. This game really needs a expansion pack.
  • Freak_EJFreak_EJ Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    When there is a Sims, there is an expansion pack.

I'm sure most of the stuff mentioned in here WILL be released in an expansion pack, eventually. If they included everything in the main game, they wouldn't make money off of us making expansion packs. Plus w/ their new store, I'm sure they're going to milk us for more by adding more things in the store that we'll want.

To reply to a comment about playing one household... just go to edit town and select a new household, all you lose is your wishes, but thats not that big of an issue, in my opinion.

The way the towns are set up now, being an open town you can freely walk around(which I'm soooo excited about, I said "finally!!" when I noticed it). They town customization is the only thing I'm a little pessimistic about, but its not impossible. It'll be a bit more complicated than Sims 2 for sure, but it shouldn't a "professional mapper" only kinda deal.

We'll see, you never know what to expect in their xpacs.
  • Jacobx1995Jacobx1995 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I forgot to mention in my first post;
    They really need to bring back having community lot only objects. Because as of right now, they have pre-made buildings that you can place on a lot. I also think that being able to have apartments will be greatly missed. I really liked the feature in TS2 Apartment life, where you could buy a special bookcase that allowed you to enter a secret room(If you where a witch or wizard.)
    Continue posting :D
  • AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    edited June 2009
    hmm there is quite a bit missing in the sims 3 that the sims 2 had. for one there is no diving boards or slides for the swimming pool. I don't see any hottubs available for in the home. you can't swim in the ocean even if your house is on on beach lot or you go to the beach. Theres tons more things I could think of but it would make a really long post.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • UronkaUronka Posts: 486 New Member
    edited June 2009
    In regards to the Neighbourhood editor, acording to information from the Snooty Sims site, They WILL release a tool that will allow you to build your own neighbourhoods though it also notes it won't be released untill several weeks after launch.:cry:
  • veggiveggi Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2009
    LinkGirl wrote:
    I honestly think they're missing a little more than just a few things, but that's me speaking out of disappointment more than anything.

I also love customizing everything in my town, so I was majorly disappointed when I found out you could only play one pre-made neighborhood; but I was even more disappointed to find out you could only really play/save one household at a time.
    It's kind of like EA took one step forward and two steps back. [truncated by veggi]

I'd love to have the option to control up to 8 sims at once from any household without switching between households. This way we could control our storylines better and without losing things (wants/wishes) between switches. Or the ability to just click on any sim and have the option to control them and just switch over without loading (or minimal loading maybe).

The gameplay still feels like it's The Sims 2. We're stuck playing one household at a time, except now there's no loading screens when you go out of the house to other lots. Whoo. Don't get me wrong, I like TS2. However, this is TS3 and I was looking forward to playing with multiple households.

The way I play usually goes like this: Create two households - "Mary Smith" and "Joe Jones" for example. Then I like to create a relationship between my two custom sims or families. Currently, we are restricted to playing one household. The problem with playing one household at a time is that I can't just switch on the fly between Mary and Joe to determine how each interacts with the other. I can only control one - say Mary.
    If I want a romantic relationship to spring up and also want a traditional "boy asks girl out" scenario, then I have to manually switch (going through loading and losing control of Mary and negating all her wishes) to Joe's household (since Joe doesn't seem to want to ask out Mary on his own without help). Pain in the butt and it's just the same as in TS2. I don't see any difference.
    LinkGirl wrote:
    It would have also been super cool if they allowed you to customize the NPCs (Non-Player Characters), I felt like that was the last step to being able to completely customize a neighborhood to your liking.

NPCs customization - I was led to believe that we would be able to do this while playing, so where is it? Not there... Maybe I misread/heard the hype.

Also, as has come up several times before, multitasking does not seem to have been included. I recall reading some hype about multitasking, but so far there is no evidence of it in-game.
  • Simmerin627Simmerin627 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'd like to be able to use Create-A-Style on roofs, I was building my house and tried to change the color of the roof to a lighter gray but I couldn't.