Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

why is my sim ALWAYS in such a bad mood?!

she'll have ALL good moodlets, not ONE bad one, and still have a miserable mood. right now, at the moment, she has +40 (having a blast), +20 (one with nature), +10 (well rested), and about three more that together equal more than +30! I don't get it! please help! (:

Comments

• MysteryJokerMysteryJoker Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited December 2010
    It's a glitch. Try reseting your sim and restarting your game.
  • doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited December 2010
    It's apparently a bug with the latest patch.
  • pinkypoods2pinkypoods2 Posts: 17
    edited December 2010
    k, i'll try that. thanks.
  • MysteryJokerMysteryJoker Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited December 2010
    Oh and stating what your sim was doing at the current time of the glitch/bug will help. I've found that it happened to two of my sims when they power leveled nectar making.
  • DamiarchDamiarch Posts: 42
    edited December 2010
    New patch feature=+60 cranky factor moodlet(invisable).

All the positive ways to alter a sims mood...they needed to cheat to keep sims from being *high* all the time.(high on life with a full green bar)
  • Skylark97Skylark97 Posts: 14
    edited December 2010
    I'm having the same problem. I even used testingcheats, made all his moods happy, and he was STILL miserable.
  • Alex7STVAlex7STV Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    I have the same issue. All of my sims have very bad mood and I don't see anything causing them to be in a bad mood. Makes the game unplayable (can't advance in job). The previous bug is also still not fixed (sims get stuck around a building and throw-up). This add-on is worthless to me currently, until these bugs get fixed.
  • PumpkinPeazyPumpkinPeazy Posts: 13 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Okay, so this sucks. Apparently it's not only my game though. It truly is a pain in the *** to play with. She's miserable constantly.
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited December 2010
    yeah im seriously glad i didnt patch. i hope they fix this and its not a 'feature' cause that would really ruin the whole game
  • aschrodtaschrodt Posts: 58 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I am also having the same problem. I hope they get it fixed soon.
  • Whales_RockWhales_Rock Posts: 3,872 New Member
    edited December 2010
    urgh, is this the patch's problem or Late Night's?
  • Whales_RockWhales_Rock Posts: 3,872 New Member
    edited December 2010
    oh and bump,

This seems like something that could be fixed with a mod... It seems pretty easy to fix :/
  • SimSculptorSimSculptor Posts: 27
    edited December 2010
    This mood glitch is happening to me too. Very frustrating when I JUST started playing again after a few months rest.

Please hear us moderators!

Oh, and while you're at it, can you fix the 'buy a hot tub' wish when there isn't one available for purchase?

P.S. This is my first forum post EVER, yay me!

EDIT:
    Check this out: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/313631.page#4220505 I used it and it worked. Just delete your trash can and they're happy again! Weird huh?
  • schmezzleschmezzle Posts: 1,616 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I had this glitch, but things seem better recently.
    I heard it was a problem with cheap beds and the well-rested moodlet. So once that moodlet disappears you get minus happiness and it stays like that.
    So try more expensive beds. They might help.
  • rambleramble Posts: 70 New Member
    edited December 2010
    schmezzle wrote:
    I had this glitch, but things seem better recently.
    I heard it was a problem with cheap beds and the well-rested moodlet. So once that moodlet disappears you get minus happiness and it stays like that.
    So try more expensive beds. They might help.

Is this true? Does buying a more expensive bed (and how expensive?) really fix this glitch? I'm getting frustrated with trying to play my Apocalypse Challenge with a sim that won't do anything anymore. Ugh!
  • TheRaniTheRani Posts: 14 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I had this problem with an elder male in my legacy family, and he had one of the best beds. Even with all his needs almost completely green, and with many positive moodlets, he almost always had a red plumbob. Once in a while, when my sims go on vacations (my only expansion so far is WA) they'll be miserable while on vacation and then get all happy again when they come home.
  • schwimmbad17schwimmbad17 Posts: 61 New Member
    edited December 2010
    This website: http://bumped.org/tek/2010/12/08/the-sims-3-stuck-with-low-moods-miserable-after-latest-patch-workaround/ helped me. Basically I bought a better bed and my problem was fixed :). Hope it helps you out as well!
  • ZilvraZilvra Posts: 419 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I suffer from this problem as well. There are two things that together make it sort of bearable. 1. buy a high quality bed. 2. when your sim's mood seems a lot lower than it should be restart the game. A couple of seconds back into play the mood bar pops back up where it belongs. This does get very frustrating however, as having to restart my game every several sim days takes a lot of time out of playing, and makes the game a whole lot less fun. Oh, and this does occur on vacationing sims as well.

Edit: LOL schwimmbad17... I love mythbusters!! :D
  • Sphire_ZiemiaSphire_Ziemia Posts: 1,148 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Had this problem too but for a little while it was sorta a fun challenge to keep them in the green.

I'm just irked the Bed Barthemle is considered a "cheap" bed. Why EA offer a bunch of "cheap" beds? When you dang well know we want the best for our sims!
  • anneshopaholicanneshopaholic Posts: 6 New Member
    edited December 2010
    i have that problem too and itdrives me crazy! ok, im sure this is a stupid question but what do you mean by reseting your sim/restarting your game? start all over again or just start the start the game again?
  • xSplenda8xSplenda8 Posts: 2
    edited December 2010
    I have the same problem and I saw some people saying it was a patch problem. What is that?
  • KelseyMeshellKelseyMeshell Posts: 752 New Member
    edited December 2010
    This is sooo frustrating! It makes it almost impossible to reach the top of a career before elderhood.
  • KelseyMeshellKelseyMeshell Posts: 752 New Member
    edited December 2010
    i have that problem too and itdrives me crazy! ok, im sure this is a stupid question but what do you mean by reseting your sim/restarting your game? start all over again or just start the start the game again?

Just start your game again, in it's current place. :)
  • FeeniksFeeniks Posts: 9 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Stupid glitch :evil: Please fix this and all the other issues sooooon!

I'm not selling my beautiful "Faire Folk Life" collection bed, my witch-Sim loves it!
    She just doesn't seem to know it yet... :roll:
  • daisy3rosedaisy3rose Posts: 160 Member
    edited December 2010
    This happened with my latest sim/game.....all her moodlets were positive ones, all her meters were fully green, I was fulfilling every wish SHE was coming up with - and she had a top of the line bed, fridge, stove and bathroom fixtures. The only time she was ever happy was when she was playing a musical instrument - then, and ONLY then, would the red slowly start the rise back to green.....but the second she'd stop playing, it would plummet back to red.

At first, like others, I felt it was a challenge to keep her in the green - had her quit her job (that she chose, by the way) to form a band and play music full time...but she just couldn't stay happy. She's become a burden. There is no fun in her life, and she is no fun to play.....stopping to reset or restart is no fun, so I ended up deleting that game. She's made my one sim toddler (with the brave trait) who's afraid of the dark seem like a piece of cake.