Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roofs

What I would like to see would be roofs where each section can be recoloured individually. Even better would be a roof with 2 recolourable channels, to use CAS on the top and bottom of the roof.

Comments

• TiumiTiumi Posts: 545 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Can't believe this hasn't had any comments! :?:

I'd love these options. Roofs really need some TLC. :D

• AquiasAquias Posts: 1,742 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I agree.
  • QueenBeewannabeeQueenBeewannabee Posts: 342
    edited December 2010
    Nothing like making the perfect house and not having the perfect roof to go with this.

Signed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Meh. It doesn't seem like a priority. I never play with the roof up and they're almost non-functional. I don't think this would improve the gaming experience.
  • TiumiTiumi Posts: 545 New Member
    edited December 2010
    @greenXen: Neither was the ability to recolour ceilings or the sides of tiles, but they were put in and I'm glad because it looks so much better. Aesthetically pleasing.

Maybe because I like to build, I notice these little things more and see room for improvement.

As well as the gaming experience, which is a must of course, isn't it also nice that we have more building customization and access open to us for the times we take a break from the gameplay? That's the beauty of this game. Whether we choose to just play, build, make stories ect. It's all there for us to explore. :D
  • PancakeliciousPancakelicious Posts: 2,585 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I hate the roof patterns and colours we have at the moment, I wish I could customise it.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited December 2010
    Agreed.

Whether it improves gameplay or not, I hate taking pictures of a house I've worked forever on that has to have an ugly EA default roof on it, in a colour that doesn't really match the trim and siding, because I like to keep my lots CC free.
    Speaking of trim, how about giving up some white trimmed roofs EA. Or better still, separate the channel for the trim from the main roof, so we can colour it how we like.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • ToffeemuffinToffeemuffin Posts: 19
    edited December 2010
    Definitely, being able to use the Create-a-Style tool on the roof would be brilliant =)

On a side note, access to the roof textures would also be great when using bay windows, but I guess that if you can style the roof then you can at least alter it to match the windows if you can't match the windows to the roof...
  • kaitoupiratekaitoupirate Posts: 24
    edited March 2013
    Yessss I was just thinking about this the other day! I don't like having to cycle through the roof colors and finally just giving up and picking something. We should be able to pick a textured pattern for the top, the underside pattern, and then colors for each one. And yeah, the bay window should have a customizable top too; or at least match with whatever roof color you got.

Edit:
    Oh wow, I just realized this thread was three years old. IT NEEDS MORE LOVE!
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited March 2013
    Yessss I was just thinking about this the other day! I don't like having to cycle through the roof colors and finally just giving up and picking something. We should be able to pick a textured pattern for the top, the underside pattern, and then colors for each one. And yeah, the bay window should have a customizable top too; or at least match with whatever roof color you got.

Edit:
    Oh wow, I just realized this thread was three years old. IT NEEDS MORE LOVE!

There's threads on the first two pages that deal with this, interestingly. And there's been far more popular attempts to get this done since this thread was made.