Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to resize a lot ?

maglcmaglc Posts: 1,921 New Member
Hello,
I need to resize a lot from my world to make it fit better with the rest... I know we can increase a lot size easily but how about decreasing it? I would really need help on this because right now I pulled my hair so much that theres none to pull anymore... lol if you know what I mean. :lol: THANKS !

Comments

• DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited December 2010
    I did not think this was possible? How do you increase the size of a lot?
  • maglcmaglc Posts: 1,921 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Docsprock wrote:
    I did not think this was possible? How do you increase the size of a lot?

Exemple,
    If you have a 50x50 and you wish it was 64x64.

1. you copy your lot into your library
    2. completely remove the lot and its base
    3. replace the 50x50 base by 64x64 base
    4. take your library save and place it on your new base...

Now you get an increase of 14x14 :roll:
    edited December 2010
    Oh, I see what you mean. You arent re-sizing the lot, you are replacing it with a larger one.
    edited December 2010
    yeah. lol
    edited December 2010
    so there's no way to reduce the size of a lot? :(
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2010
    NO!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited December 2010
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    NO!!

Has to be the shortest post Ive seen you make. :D
  • debbieukdebbieuk Posts: 178
    edited December 2010
    Same as Reg said No!!
    edited December 2010
    OK!!!
  • JRCS98JRCS98 Posts: 10
    edited December 2010
    Guys its called "I dont know" not NO!! 8)

I'm not sure if there is, sorry
    edited December 2010
    bump? :mrgreen:
  • AlexylotlAlexylotl Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="maglc;d-310214"]Hello,
    I need to resize a lot from my world to make it fit better with the rest... I know we can increase a lot size easily but how about decreasing it? I would really need help on this because right now I pulled my hair so much that theres none to pull anymore... lol if you know what I mean. :lol: THANKS ![/quote]

Sounds like what I'm figuring out now. I renovated a gym on a 20x30 lot. The building is 20x20 so I should of course be able to place it on a 20x20 lot in another part of town, and expect the game will clip out the empty 20x10 part of the lot to make it fit. But it doesn't so I need to figure out how to do that.

The only way I can think of, is open the lot you want to place in build mode, click on each room and save it to your library.
    Go to manage worlds, open the smaller lot you want to place the building on, and go to your gallery to place each room on the smaller lot in the same configuration.

It might not be super fast, but it isn't TOO much of a hassle and it gets the job done.
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    You cannot place a specific lot size onto a smaller lot. It needs to be the same size or larger.
    The above poster must be thinking of sims 4? If that is possible in that game...I have no idea. But it's impossible in sims 3.
    You cannot save specific rooms to the library in sims 3. Unless there is a way to make a "blueprint" of said room?
    There is this that might help with re-creating your building (not lot). http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=502976
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks considering this has been inactive since 2010 I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top