Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

packages and cc not working? I've tried everything :(

I've tried putting them in the documents sims 3 folder and they didnt show up in game

so i put them in the computer/program files sims 3 ambitions folder and they didnt show up there either

I dont know why they arent working? D: They worked when I had my old computer, but then i upgraded to windows 7 is that the problem?

Please helpp me, i can't stand giving my sims horrible hair for much longer :(

Comments

• NeverentNeverent Posts: 478 Member
    edited December 2010
    Kaelyna wrote:
    I've tried putting them in the documents sims 3 folder and they didnt show up in game

so i put them in the computer/program files sims 3 ambitions folder and they didnt show up there either

I dont know why they arent working? D: They worked when I had my old computer, but then i upgraded to windows 7 is that the problem?

Please helpp me, i can't stand giving my sims horrible hair for much longer :(

First, know that a lot of people who make custom hair for the sims make it unisex... so women's hair will randomly appear on guys; thus, custom hair isn't all it's cracked up to be -- in fact, it can be quite annoying.

To help with your problem, where exactly in the MyDocuments/EA/The Sims did you put the packages?

Make sure you're putting it in the "mods" folder within the sims folder in My documents. If they're not in that folder, the game will not find them.
  • KaelynaKaelyna Posts: 109 Member
    edited December 2010
    Neverent wrote:
    First, know that a lot of people who make custom hair for the sims make it unisex... so women's hair will randomly appear on guys; thus, custom hair isn't all it's cracked up to be -- in fact, it can be quite annoying.

To help with your problem, where exactly in the MyDocuments/EA/The Sims did you put the packages?

Make sure you're putting it in the "mods" folder within the sims folder in My documents. If they're not in that folder, the game will not find them.

yeah i put them under the mods folder

Documents/EA/The sims/mods/packages is where they are atm but they still aren't showing up :( none of them :(

• jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    edited December 2010
    Did you download the resource file as well.
    go to my documents/ea/sims 3
    create new folder called Mods
    then create a folder called packages in the mods folder,also download the resource.cfg file and put that in2 the mods folder not in the packages folder.
    m0oUDbi.jpg
  • FeliciaB84FeliciaB84 Posts: 8,479 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Do you have your resource.cfg file in the mods folder? (not packages?)

I was having an issue with that until recently...

And Neverent...yeah that bugs me, too. Thank goodness for Master Controller. :D
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited December 2010
    There have been only two incidents where my CC would not show up.

One was because the text in my resource.cfg file was incorrect.
    mods2.jpg

It used to have Mods/Packages in the text string. It should be.
    resource.jpg

The second reason was due to missing d3dx9_31dll files in my expansion pack folders. The red box shows the location. I copied the file from the base game folder and pasted it into my expansion pack folders. There is another Bin folder inside the Bin folder. You can see it at the top of the list. Don't put it in there.
    d3dx9_31.jpg

I don't know if it's really necessary anymore, but I haven't tried running the game without them. I removed them whenever I patch the game or add another expansion.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    edited December 2010
    I think someone on the forums said you do not need the d3dx9_31.dll anymore.
    m0oUDbi.jpg
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited December 2010
    Look here for simple instructions:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/217955.page

post Ambitions is different and you DONT need to fool around with dll files and whatniot.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited December 2010
    jaunty wrote:
    I think someone on the forums said you do not need the d3dx9_31.dll anymore.
    You only need it if you don't have any EP Ambitons and up (which includes stuff packs). If you have Ambitions or higher, the framework should go in My Documents now.