March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TOP SCORES FOR ARCHITECT CAREER

If you havent figured out how to get Top scores Almost everytime in this career, i am here to help. I have been playing for about 2 months , did about 30 Remodels and never got a single high review. I Found CARLS-SIMS-3-Guide. Read it and now im 10 top scores in a row. For those that dont want to read his guide, here is a short review for this career path.

1- Always talk to the client first. By "discusing the Renovation" you will learn all 5 traits of the client. Some will be RELEVENT and need to be met inorder to get that top review. I will post the list at the bottom of this blog.
2- Always take measurements. Click on the house(or front door) b4 you start the remodel and this should be an option. wait until it says its done taking the measurements
3-Take up painting. Put your paintings on your wall. Frame them. then put them in your inventory. Most clients will LOVE your hand made crap. Yes even your $2 paintings are good enough. place 2 or 3 or more per job.
4- Dont just decorate the one room. Do as many rooms as you want as long as it meets the clients requirements and taste. I did a bathroom remodel but had a client that was a NATURAL COOK. i gave him new cabinets and a dishwash in the kithcen too. Or upgrade a Computer Whizs computer and then give him another.
5-I didnt find color coordinating that important. I still do it though.
6-DONT CLLUTTER, Make sure everything is accessible.
7-If you client isnt home and you want to talk with them. CLICK that the remodel is complete and once they come home, cancel the request b4 you talk to them. After that , talk to them about the renovation. They dont mind that you made them come home from work.
8-Stay close to your budget. If your client is frugal stay under budget and if they are rich go over.
Here is the traits consideration list:
Artistic- Loves decoration
Bookworm- Bookshelves
Cant stand art- Boost enviroment with something besides art
COmputer WHiz- COMPUTERS
Couch Potato- Seating with High Comfort
Frugal- 15-20 percent under budget
Easily Impressed- they love anything
Evil- Reduce Window count
Hates outdoors- Reduce window count
Loves Outdoors- Increase window count
Natural Cook- Cabinets and kitchen appliances
Party ANimal- Bars
Snob- Use all of budget, high quality items
Technophobe- Hates Electronics
Virtuoso- Musical items , guitars and stereos
Workaholic-Desks

There you go, hope that helps. But feel free to read CARLS-SIMS-3 guide if you need more assistants

Comments

• SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited December 2010
    The problem with that advice is that Discuss Renovation and Take Measurements aren't available when you start the profession.
  • JVENNJVENN Posts: 936 Member
    edited December 2010
    Some good tips....very useful...

There are more here on my thread about this career (which I looooove)

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/210175.page

You don't mention useful traits to help with this career...which are:

Perfectionist
    Artistic
    Savvy Sculptor
    Photographer's eye
    Friendly
    Charismatic

(I know you can only have 5 but these are some of the most relevant ones to include)

Oh...and take a photo of the client and their family (if they have one) and hang that on the wall...

Walk through of a couple of my renovations in the link in my siggies :)
    :D My Origin ID is Octavia Moon. I've made some celebrity sims and will be making houses soon :)
  • hlouisehlouise Posts: 409 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Hmm this is interesting thanks! I got frustrated with this profession but I will probably try it again soon.