July 1st- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
The Sims 4: High School Years EP launches July 28th! Click here to find out more!

The Legacy Challenge Rules

Comments

  • Lindsay197372Lindsay197372 Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm going to try this as well :)I just started setting up my blog http://sims3addicts.co.za/Legacy/and need to go make a family.
  • amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited June 2009
    Updates to the Legacy Challenge as of today


    Modified the "no rich sims" rule to be "No rich sims for the founder" meaning once your 2nd generation is looking for a spouse, rich sims are fair game.

    Added a 20 point cap to the net worth points. You would need a net worth of 2,000,000 to reach this cap.

    Clearly defined net worth as being furnished value + cash on hand.

    Enjoy!

    Awesome! Thank you! :thumbup:
  • littlepiggerlittlepigger Posts: 1
    edited June 2009
    Woooo~~
    Where's yours
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited June 2009
    do to the fact im not gonna read thrugh 50+pages can you encourage a gender using watermelons or apples or does the gender have to be completely random?
  • Rainywill5Rainywill5 Posts: 663 Member
    edited June 2009

    I was wondering when i read some of the rules/faq. They kind of condradict eachother if you read below you will see why. So CAN we sell stuff we've robbbed or can't we? In one sentence it says we can then further down it says we can't!

    Black Market Restriction:
    The Black Market is no longer being monitored by police. Kleptos, rummagers and theives are now allowed to liquidate their ill gotten goods for cash.


    FAQ

    Are collection items, such as rocks, insects and seeds subject to the black market restriction?

    No, you are allowed to sell any collection items you find...as long as they weren't stolen out of someone's house or garbage.
  • StormfeatherStormfeather Posts: 371 Member
    edited June 2009
    Rainywill5 wrote:
    I was wondering when i read some of the rules/faq. They kind of condradict eachother if you read below you will see why. So CAN we sell stuff we've robbbed or can't we? In one sentence it says we can then further down it says we can't!

    Black Market Restriction:
    The Black Market is no longer being monitored by police. Kleptos, rummagers and theives are now allowed to liquidate their ill gotten goods for cash.


    FAQ

    Are collection items, such as rocks, insects and seeds subject to the black market restriction?

    No, you are allowed to sell any collection items you find...as long as they weren't stolen out of someone's house or garbage.

    From what I can tell, the contradiction's just because of an update being made, but the FAQ part not being changed to reflect that. It *was* against the rules to sell things you stole, and that was changed, and I guess he forgot to change it elsewhere on the page.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited June 2009
    do to the fact im not gonna read thrugh 50+pages can you encourage a gender using watermelons or apples or does the gender have to be completely random?

    As far as I know, this question has not yet been answered. . .
  • amandamayamandamay Posts: 14
    edited June 2009
    how long of a lifespan are your sims supposed to have? i didn't find anything on it in the rules...
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited June 2009
    normal level
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    edited June 2009
    do to the fact im not gonna read thrugh 50+pages can you encourage a gender using watermelons or apples or does the gender have to be completely random?

    As far as I know, this question has not yet been answered. . .

    Apples and watermelons influencing gender are allowed, as is buying the fertility treatment perk.
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

    Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

    This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

    Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

    Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited June 2009
    awesome thanks
  • Pinstar1161Pinstar1161 Posts: 216 Member
    edited June 2009
    For those of you who need a little breather from your Legacies. I have just posted a brand new challenge. It is called the Sim of the Month challenge. You basically start with a single sim and have a specific goal to achieve with him or her and sim-specific restrictions to follow. Its a quick challenge (compared to the Legacy Challenge) with new sims coming out each month. Check out the details here:

    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/48437.page
    Creator of the Legacy Challenge

    Twitter: @Pinstar
    Youtube

    This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

    Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

    Official Legacy Challenge Site
  • StormfeatherStormfeather Posts: 371 Member
    edited June 2009
    For those of you who need a little breather from your Legacies. I have just posted a brand new challenge. It is called the Sim of the Month challenge. You basically start with a single sim and have a specific goal to achieve with him or her and sim-specific restrictions to follow. Its a quick challenge (compared to the Legacy Challenge) with new sims coming out each month. Check out the details here:

    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/48437.page

    Sounds interesting... if I weren't totally absorbed in my Legacy still. :P
  • RSKehrerRSKehrer Posts: 245 Member
    edited June 2009
    Has anyone thought about subtracting a point if you fail an opportunity? My sim just failed an opportunity (my fault) but I thought that would be a great way to add in some penalties.
  • FeeBee30FeeBee30 Posts: 59
    edited June 2009
    Hi, hoping someone can help me with a question about my legacy game?
    Both my founders have just died, their seven children are still all at the family home...the eldest three are trying to pursue relationships (romantic lol) but even though they can woo hoo or try for a baby with their girlfriend/boyfriend there is no option to move them into the family home or to get engaged??
    Can anyone tell me why as I'm getting desperate???
    Thanks!!!!
  • IvelisIvelis Posts: 18
    edited June 2009
    It's just hit me... I don't like any of the other people in my town...

    Ahaha I want my legacy to be handsome and pretty but the other people are all ugly :(


    I'm having the same problem lol glad to know its not just me being picky!
  • happyone2009happyone2009 Posts: 3,350 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ok I started looking through the pages but i cant find what im looking and i dont have time to look through ALL the pages so my question is are we allowed to sell stolen items?
  • happyone2009happyone2009 Posts: 3,350 New Member
    edited June 2009
    ok.. i went back and read the original post with the rules and from what i understand we CAN sell stollen stuff now right?
  • LillyweedLillyweed Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Is the death flower allowed to be used?
    Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I noticed its not mentioned in the rules, only the life fruit is mentioned.
    Thanks again.

  • BobboBobbo Posts: 1,471 Member
    edited June 2009
    The 20 point cap on net worth has ruined my game. You have removed all incentive to make addiional money because just natural game play will get you the full 20 points without any special effort. I thought the point was to accumulate points and had some of my early members sacrifice their LTWs in order for future generations to really be able to make some money. My second generation has just turned elder and they are already nearly worth 750,000 thanks to my garden and fishing efforts.

    The entire strategy has changed thanks to this new rule. Now the only emphasis is on how many kids you can stuff in the house for each generation to get LTW and portrait points. Children are the most tedious and boring aspect of the game. Also, I have been leaving fulfilled sims in my home when I should be kicking them out as soon as they get their LTW to make room for more children.

    Now each couple needs to have 5 kids. Only one of these children can get married because all the others have to get LTW and kicked out as soon as possible so the next generation can start having kids. If one of the parents gets LTW they need to be kicked out too because there is no point in them remaining in the house.

    So in order to get the most points you need to put up with the overwhelming hassle of dealing with 45 kids. 45 babies you have to keep happy, 45 toddlers that have to play with skill building toys, teach to walk, talk, and use the restroom, read books to if time, 45 children and teenagers that will have to be got up on time to go to school and have homework afterwards and then start building skills, 45 young adults and beyond who will have to who knows what skill wise or career wise to get a LTW.

    I realize there is no real winning this challenge and the points are essentially useless but by capping them in certain places you are preventing people from taking different approaches and reporting back results. I was actually sort of curious to see exactly how much money could be made in a 10 generation legacy with no cheating. I guess I could still find out but I won't be a part of this challenge anymore and that irritates me a little.
  • BobboBobbo Posts: 1,471 Member
    edited June 2009
    Lillyweed wrote:
    Is the death flower allowed to be used?
    Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I noticed its not mentioned in the rules, only the life fruit is mentioned.
    Thanks again.

    I don't think pinstar knows how the death flower works which is why it is not part of the rules. You are not allowed to extend a life but there is nothing that says you can't prevent an untimely death.
  • SwaydeSwayde Posts: 44
    edited June 2009
    Bobbo wrote:
    The 20 point cap on net worth has ruined my game. You have removed all incentive to make addiional money because just natural game play will get you the full 20 points without any special effort. I thought the point was to accumulate points and had some of my early members sacrifice their LTWs in order for future generations to really be able to make some money. My second generation has just turned elder and they are already nearly worth 750,000 thanks to my garden and fishing efforts.

    The entire strategy has changed thanks to this new rule. Now the only emphasis is on how many kids you can stuff in the house for each generation to get LTW and portrait points. Children are the most tedious and boring aspect of the game. Also, I have been leaving fulfilled sims in my home when I should be kicking them out as soon as they get their LTW to make room for more children.

    Now each couple needs to have 5 kids. Only one of these children can get married because all the others have to get LTW and kicked out as soon as possible so the next generation can start having kids. If one of the parents gets LTW they need to be kicked out too because there is no point in them remaining in the house.

    So in order to get the most points you need to put up with the overwhelming hassle of dealing with 45 kids. 45 babies you have to keep happy, 45 toddlers that have to play with skill building toys, teach to walk, talk, and use the restroom, read books to if time, 45 children and teenagers that will have to be got up on time to go to school and have homework afterwards and then start building skills, 45 young adults and beyond who will have to who knows what skill wise or career wise to get a LTW.

    I realize there is no real winning this challenge and the points are essentially useless but by capping them in certain places you are preventing people from taking different approaches and reporting back results. I was actually sort of curious to see exactly how much money could be made in a 10 generation legacy with no cheating. I guess I could still find out but I won't be a part of this challenge anymore and that irritates me a little.

    You can always think of the rules as inspiration and a guideline. It's still YOUR game and you can still try and see how much money you can make and award yourself the points to see how many you can get. You can keep 2 sets of points. The official ones as per strict rules, and your own as per your modified rules.

    I just appreciate the effort of Pinstar to keep The Sims 3 challenging and entertaining. But if I find some of the rules I do not enjoy, I have no problems with modifying them so that I do enjoy it. It's still a game and meant to be fun, above all =)
  • SandyRose240SandyRose240 Posts: 37
    edited June 2009
    :mrgreen: Thanks so much!
  • RusalkaRusalka Posts: 510 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I adore Pinstar and everything he has done to spur on the Sims community with his Legacy Challenge.

    But I have to say, I am not sure about the rule change putting a cap on Net Worth. I'm torn on that.

    There is a natural cap on Lifetime Wishes points and a natural cap on Generation points that make sense. And I guess there is sort of a cap on Portraits as well with the restriction it must be a young adult or older family member. (You can only manage so many of those in each generation!)

    Net Worth was the only category that was basically unrestricted - which meant it was the only category where you could REALLY push to get lots of extra points.

    Then again, once you figure out a good system, earning lots of money is probably the easiest aspect of the game. So... undecided on this change.
  • VenusVenus Posts: 269
    edited June 2009
    I've got two questions.

    First off... The last question in the FAQ contradicts himself about the black market. I assume we are allowed to sell collections that were stolen despite the FAQ answer.

    Secondly, I like to play with TWO family traits. I think it makes the game more fun and interesting, especially if you tend to raise a bad kid due to having 6 or 7 kids in the house. I don't think there would be anything against playing with two family traits, but I thought it would make it more of a challenge to my game. Especially if I make my founder family-oriented.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top