Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sidewalk Help Please

Day 2 of using CAW, so please excuse my newbness. I have placed several roads, however they are a tad bit curved and don't match up to the grid because they come from bridges onto the island. First I was wondering if I need to place sidewalks because there is a sidewalk-looking part of the road. Second, when I try to place sidewalks along the roads, they all end up looking ugly and leaving grass out all over the place. Fixing the angle just makes it look like the sidewalk is slipping under the road. Some help for the newbie would be much appreciated! :D

Comments

• debbieukdebbieuk Posts: 178
    edited December 2010
    Hi NinjaGirl11.

there is a tool in roads to smooth roads and paths out, look in the roads tab for grading road tool, in there is a smooth road tool, have a play around with it and you will get the hang of it, its quite easy to pick up, you just set the strenghth and width meaning how many tile squares extending the side of the road to be smoothed with the road, then press smooth road and click on the section of road you want to smooth out.

That method also works with paths too.
  • NinjaGirl11NinjaGirl11 Posts: 38 New Member
    edited December 2010
    It doesn't seem to be working, debbieuk... it seems to only work with terrain differences and the land is completely flat.

So sims can't walk on the side of the road if there's no sidewalk?
  • debbieukdebbieuk Posts: 178
    edited December 2010
    The road already has a sidewalk the grey squares along the edge.

edited December 2010
    So there's no point in adding a sidewalk along a road????

Okay wow this is why I'm a newbie lol :lol:

Thank you so much for your help! :-) :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited December 2010
    Hi,

Welcome to the wonderful world of CAW. :D

Here is a great post~ http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/278761.page
    Make sure to read the Tutorial. Helps a lot. :)

Also, Turn on the grid when placing roads. You can follow the lines while placing the roads.
    Second, after placing a bridge with the grid on, turn the grid off and slide the bridge until it lines up and keeps the road straight if you need to.
    edited December 2010
    Thank you for the link to the post Rflong7! I have another question that I was hoping you could answer: what's the difference between residential, townie and ownable lots?