Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ON THE 1ST DAY OF SUMMER A TRUE FRIEND GAVE TO ME...

I have a game idea I've been mulling over for a few days. Let me see if I can explain it. I'm thinking it will be sort of like this...

Example: Well, obviously I start it off so, "I am offering a really nice sink I'm giving away because I just bought a new one to go with my new kitchen." Actually, I'm saying, "If you need a sink for your game, post your wishlist with any sink on it or one of your friend's wishlists with any sink on it and I will gift you a new sink but it has to be a sink."

Someone posts and claims the new sink and they might respond like this, "I couldn't have run across you at a better time because my sink overflowed this morning, trapping me in the pantry for two solid hours because I cannot swim due to a broken leg in a cast and long story short, when the plumber finally arrived and looked at my sink he said it cannot be fixed." Then that same person might add, for example, "Now, I was cleaning out the attic yesterday and came across this old picture and this old antique that used to belong to my nanny and they're not to my taste but they're really too nice to toss out. Would someone like to have these two things?" They are offering a picture and a decorative item.

Someone claims the picture because they just moved into their first apartment and they have nothing to decorate it with but they really don't care for antiques. (Alternatively, they could have taken both items.) And they might offer this formal dress they found in their closet while they were packing. They've already worn this dress twice and it never really fit them that well anyway. It was always too tight in the bust.

The next poster might inform us, "I'd like to claim that formal dress for my friend (posting the wishlist of the friend) because my friend just had a fire in her house and her closet was destroyed in the fire. She has ten little children and a wedding to go to next month and I know she cannot afford a new dress." And then she might add, "I was thinking of giving away this bookcase because I'd like to get a new one. My cats have been using it as a scratching post and it just doesn't look all that nice anymore."

And yet another poster might say, "Oh, I love antiques! I was hoping to get a globe for my living room but I've never seen one as nice as that. I don't need the bookcase, thank you." Is that an obvious hint to the gifter that he/she has identified the 25 point object as a globe and that's what he/she would prefer? Because this player is smart, that globe is already on the wishlist. Next, our smart Simmer will post what he/she is offering as a give-away.

Notice that the bookcase from two posters back is still available. So that's how the game would be played.

Rules:
1.) You must accept the type of item offered (i.e. any sink, in the first example) and a sink of any kind has to already be on your wishlist or your friend's wishlist that you posted.
2.) You may not post to claim something and then say you don't really need that type of thing and ask for something else.
3.) Please do not hold up the game while you look for an item to add to your wishlist. If you claim an item you must be ready to post with your own offering.
4.) If you post for a friend who is not prepared you must still make good on your offer and please inform the rest of us, something like this, "I am so sorry but my friend's phone is out of service. He/she must have dropped it in the toilet again so he/she will not be available to claim that sink after all." While there is no shame in withdrawing your friend's name, it must be done in a new post. This is meant to be fun.
5.) You have to post a reason (a storyline) for the item you are claiming or you are claiming for your friend and you have to post a storyline about what gift (or gifts) you are offering to someone in the community. Without the storyline, this would be simply another "gift the person before you" game.
6.) It appears that overlapping will work but please do not offer more than two items at a time. If we find any overlapping is too confusing we may decide to limit the offered gift to one, only.
7.) You must claim a gift and offer a gift in the same post.
8.) You are free to edit your posts but not to change essential information, i.e., if you offer a bed then you must give a bed.
9.) So we do not exclude any gifters who may have nothing on their wishlists, or for any reason whatsoever want nothing, they are welcome to offer anything at anytime but they must also post a storyline. My hope is that someone in this position might discover that they need a makeover after all and perhaps they can add a hairstyle to their wishlist. Perhaps a grandchild needs a haircut?
10.) You may post as often as you can afford to and the more outrageous your storylines the better.

Pros about this game:
Everyone knows ahead of time what gift they are claiming, i.e. a sink, not a stove, in the first example. Essentially, it works as a gift the person ahead of you (with a twist) but I think this will be a lot of fun for the little imaginative story elements we'd be throwing in. Some people may offer two items and that will allow the posts to overlap somewhat, without any problem, fingers crossed.

Comments

• ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited December 2010
    Reserved
    edited December 2010
    I just heard the strangest noise coming from a bedroom in the back of the house. Checking the closet, much to my surprise a mouse ran out and scared the living daylights out of me. Recovering my senses, I decided I needed to clean out that closet. Going through the clothes, I found this old outfit. It's really too nice to throw away. Anybody need an old outfit?
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited December 2010
    (fun)

Oh my teen girl with an obseion for fashion will soon graduate high school(she be a yA), she really would love a vintage dress for the prome. She found a toybox that she dosn't use any more and was wondering if some child might needed some new toy for Christmas

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=anettesb
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • jkstensjkstens Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited December 2010
    I have been on the market for a new toybox, as my cousins need a place to store all their toys so they aren't in the way! I would love to take your old toybox off your hands! On another note, I was going through our junk drawer and found a gift certificate to our local stylist for a free haircut! I just had my haircut, and the certificate expires next week! If anyone is planning on getting their haircut this week, let me know! I'd love it if you'd be able to put this gift certificate to use! :)

(Hope I did this right!)

(Thanks annettesb!)
  • SimbologistSimbologist Posts: 5,287 New Member
    edited December 2010
    A trip to the hairdressers is just what I need. Must look my best for an upcoming wedding. My bookcase has recently become too small so I have bought a more stately model. Would anybody like my old bookcase? :D

Thank you Justine :mrgreen:
    edited December 2010
    I need to get to the hairstylist.

Most of the people in my family wear hats so it's really hard to get a stylist to understand when she/he is cutting your hair that this style must be usable with a hat!

I was going to clean out the garage and it will take me several weeks to do so but...

what on earth is that thing?....

...I guess it's some kind of appliance but it's so dusty and obviously, no one has used it for ages.

I think this appliance should go to the good will...
    edited December 2010
    A trip to the hairdressers is just what I need. Must look my best for an upcoming wedding. My bookcase has recently become too small so I have bought a more stately model. Would anybody like my old bookcase? :D
    I always need another book case in my house. We are all bookworms.

I think I'd rather have a bookcase than a haircut, any day, because the bookcase would be here to stay.

I still don't know what to do with this appliance...
  • Drawingfingers1Drawingfingers1 Posts: 177 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Reachsims wrote:
    I always need another book case in my house. We are all bookworms.

I think I'd rather have a bookcase than a haircut, any day, because the bookcase would be here to stay.

I still don't know what to do with this appliance...

My friends appliance burned down their house the other day because of cupcakes, the only thing that survived was a lousy picture, and she gave it to me, I don't want it, does anybody want one?

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=SimmerwithSkill

(I'll be back in 1 hour)
  • jkstensjkstens Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited December 2010
    Drawingfingers1, that lousy picture you're talking about just happens to be a long lost family heirloom of mine! I would love it if you'd let me have it, so it can be back in the hands of my family! Now, my husband gave me a smutty piece of lingerie for our anniversary, and I was insulted! Who does he think I am, wearing stuff like that! So, if anyone would be able to put this classy little number to use, I'd be happy to have it off my hands!

(Doesn't anyone want my second-hand lingerie?! :mrgreen: )

(Did I scare everyone away with that one?)

(I'm going to bed, so if anyone posts, I'll have to gift them in the am! Sorry!)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • fulia_jfulia_j Posts: 602
    edited December 2010
    jkstens, I would love to have your second-hand lingere! That is, I've been invited to a costume party and was planning on dressing up as a burlesque dancer - but the party is tomorrow night! Even if your husband has poor taste, he has excellent timing! On a less pleasant note, the lightbulb in my bedside lamp has burnt out, and, well, I just haven't got a penny to my name to replace the darn thing. I suppose the lamp is useless, now. Anyone looking to give a good home to an old lamp? (lightbulb not included)

(Reachsims, this was SUCH a cool idea!)
  • cherryberrybloocherryberrybloo Posts: 4,293 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Fulia, I think Ihave just the lightbulb to fit your lamp.

Anyway, the other day I walking down the sidewalk and I spotted a couch out front of someone's yard with a for sale sign on it. It looked great in the sunlight and had no tears so I brought it home. It clashes terribly with my decor, perhaps one of you could take it off my hands?
  • TheOregonRegentTheOregonRegent Posts: 2,160 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Reachsims wrote:
    I just heard the strangest noise coming from a bedroom in the back of the house. Checking the closet, much to my surprise a mouse ran out and scared the living daylights out of me. Recovering my senses, I decided I needed to clean out that closet. Going through the clothes, I found this old outfit. It's really too nice to throw away. Anybody need an old outfit?

Is R Kelly in the closet?
  • TheOregonRegentTheOregonRegent Posts: 2,160 New Member
    edited December 2010
    funny-pictures-cat-steals-christmas.jpg
  • Drawingfingers1Drawingfingers1 Posts: 177 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Fulia, I think Ihave just the lightbulb to fit your lamp.

Anyway, the other day I walking down the sidewalk and I spotted a couch out front of someone's yard with a for sale sign on it. It looked great in the sunlight and had no tears so I brought it home. It clashes terribly with my decor, perhaps one of you could take it off my hands?

Oh! My cousin loves couches! I guess she collects them, or something, I call her a hoarder, she just calls herself a collector. I recently renovated my house and I bought a lamp thinking It'll go well with everything, Guess It didn't, does anyone want this nice new lamp?

(Please gift this couch to my RL cousin SimmerwithSkill :) Don't tell her, she doesn't know I go on here anymore :mrgreen: I buy everything I want, http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=SimmerwithSkill)
  • Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited December 2010
    This sounds fun. I hope I am doing it right!

Oooh! I would love a nice new lamp! It is far too dark in my kitchen and a lamp would be just the thing I need. Anyways, I am planning to move soon and I really need to downsize in my greenhouse. I have a couple of plants that are taking up too much room. Can anyone give them a new home.?
  • KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited December 2010
    A friend of mine just moved into a new house and one of the rooms is completely devoid of lamps, I'm sure she'd appreciate yours!

eta: I also know for a fact my friend loves plants, so a plant would work just fine too. :wink:

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=sheldonly

I was having a difficult time picking out new countertops for my kitchen. I bought two styles but of course only have need of one. Anyone in need of a counter?
  • fulia_jfulia_j Posts: 602
    edited December 2010
    KLorelei wrote:
    A friend of mine just moved into a new house and one of the rooms is completely devoid of lamps, I'm sure she'd appreciate yours!

eta: I also know for a fact my friend loves plants, so a plant would work just fine too. :wink:

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=sheldonly

I was having a difficult time picking out new countertops for my kitchen. I bought two styles but of course only have need of one. Anyone in need of a counter?

I don't want to interrupt the game - but I just have to go off topic for a teensy moment to say, KLorelei, I LOVE the image in your signature and the website it's from! :lol: so, so, SO funny!

Alright, that is all, we now return to your regularly scheduled game :oops:
  • Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Thank you KLorelei for finding someone to take those pesky plants from me. I hope she waters them! :wink:
  • KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited December 2010
    Oh I'm sure she'll keep those plants healthy Jurik. :-)

Any takers on the counter I'm offering?
  • bvrlybvrly Posts: 1,432
    edited December 2010
    giving it a bump, sorry can't play cause the cupboard is bare!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!!
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited December 2010
    KLorelei wrote:
    Oh I'm sure she'll keep those plants healthy Jurik. :-)

Any takers on the counter I'm offering?

I'm building a vacation cottage, and are looking for some counter's, so I would love to get yours and save a trip to the store, it is quite fare from here.
    On the other hand I bought to many windows and have one to spare, could anybody use it, it would be sad if it just be placed in a corn, I just bump into it and break it.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited December 2010
    I'd love a new window! That would work!

Gotta tell you what happened to me!

I was at the beach the other day and this girl in the cabana next to me is wearing *GASP* her lingerie. So I just had to tell her...."Girl...that is NOT a bathing suit, that is lingerie!", she looked confused and embarrassed and told me that someone at EA told her it was ok to wear it here! I told her that she can't take fashion advice from them anymore! Those are the same people that think it's ok to wear flippers with business attire downtown! I offered to take her to the Swimsuit sales shack at the corner of the beach and we got her an appropriate suit. She was so grateful, she left me her lingerie....well..it's full of sand and it's been worn in the ocean, but does anyone want some sexy lingerie?

ETA: Annettesb I LOVE LOVE LOVE this window! This is the best one in the game! Thanks so much!
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited December 2010
    I could clean the lingerie and I'm sure it will look like it was never worn before.

Cleaning up my room I found a sere plant. I really don't need it anymore, but I hope that someone else wants it?! If so, just let me know. But please be better in watering the plant than I was! :)

EDIT: Thanks tallcoolone!
    EDIT2: Gifted MonkeyFace639008.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited December 2010
    OMG ERja888
    I have just the perfect person for that plant, my Granddaughter just graduated from nursing and is moving to Texas so she has been shopping to furnish her new apartment and I so wanted to give her a plant since it means good luck and was on my was to the store when I got a flat tire! This plant will come in so handy for her and just what she needs, I had stopped at a garage sale just before I got the flat on my pick up truck and I bought a nice bed for my Granddaughter, but to my surprise she already has purchased a bed,so was wondering if anyone could use a Bed?

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=MonkeyFace639008
  • jewely13jewely13 Posts: 968 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I could definately use a bed! My youngest daughter recently grew up to childhood and outgrew her crib. The bed would sure come in handy :wink:
    Since she grew up, we have lots of old toddler outfits and toys. Does anybody need any toys or outfits for their toddler?

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=jewely13

This is such a good idea! So fun! :mrgreen:

Edit: thank you sooooo much BD5141!!!!