Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clubs are empty? PLEASE HELP :O

Okay the problem here is that every time i want to go to a nightclub to have fun it's always empty when i go inside.I tried bulldozing one club but two sims only appear after i re-built it.I even go to HotSpots but they're empty also.It's so deserted in the Bridgeport Clubs! My sim is so lonely :cry: ! Is this some kind of bug i can fix? I was planning to uninstall it to fix the problem maybe that will help?

BTW i also known that alot of people have the same problem, WHAT'S GOING ON EA :evil:

Comments

• PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited November 2010
    You could:

-try setting the ropes to lower levels (go to build mode and shift+c click on them to do this)
    -Delete the ropes all together
    -Look around your town and see if a large group of sims are congregated to one area, peeing and vomiting (gross right?) This is also a glitch and explains where all the sims are, and if you find this in your game you can try resetting the sims.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else. Nothing has worked for me but others found more luck, even if it meant 2 more sims in their clubs. Personally, I say just throw parties at the venues.

It's a bit of a drag, a nice city and awesome places but no one anywhere...I hope this is a bug but I'm not holding my breath.
  • ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited November 2010
    Personally, my opinion is that since so many people are having problems with this, that it is some sort of glitch...I am also having the same issue...even my hot spots are dead!! I am very much hoping this is on the list of fixes for a patch..hopefully soon... :D
  • Sims3girl1Sims3girl1 Posts: 190 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Make a bunch of sims and move them into the houses, or you can just look at your sims of already made ones and just move them into the house. This will increase the population of the city, For then there might be more sims going to the clubs. If you make the sims i would suggest making them party animals and all the hyper activee traits. hahaha hope this helped :D!
  • sparkles222sparkles222 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited November 2010
    OR an easy-ish way, just do "edit town" mode and put in more sims. Its suprisingly fun I thought it would be boring and would have a lot of loading inbetween but it dosen't...really
    hope this helps! i don't have late night sadly so don't blame me if it dose'nt help
  • KatlinemasKatlinemas Posts: 835 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I'm not sure where I heard this from (probably the bugs thread at the top of the page) but deleting all cars in car-parks around town helps. And I think it does work, because more Sims started visiting my lots. I went around my town and found that in EVERY community lot that had car parks there were cars that were unowned and just left there. So I deleted them all, and there were a lot.

To do this in live mode without having to go into every single lot:
    testingCheatsEnabled true/false (true for on, false for off)
    and then ctrl + shift click on the offending object and select the delete option.

Much easier than going into Edit town.
  • MakoSimMakoSim Posts: 184 Member
    edited November 2010
    I think it's something wrong with your computer, not with game. I have the same problem on my laptop (it has 24GB empty space) - only 1 or 2 Sims are in clubs. Then I install The Sims 3 Late Night on very good computer (it has more than 320GB empty space and best graphic card) and when I send Sims in clubs there are from 3 - 5 Sims but in HotSpot clubs there are 12 and more Sims. :roll:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • NeverentNeverent Posts: 478 Member
    edited November 2010
    I'm always surprised at the amount of people talking out of their ***es, giving misinformation.

Let me clear this issue up. The amount of sims that can be on a lot is controlled by your computer specifications. The Sims 3 is a smart game and it looks at your computer's hardware before running. Odds are your processor has a less than optimal rating according to the Sims and it's limiting the max number of possible sims on a lot. What's that mean for you? If it's only allowing a max of 8, then you may have none or almost no sims on a lot.

Do me a favor and find the configuration file in your mydocuments/ea/sims 3 folder; it's called graphicsconf.log or something (I'd be specific, but I'm not at my home computer). There's only 2-3 log files in the folder, so it shouldn't be hard to find. Look in the log file and see what it's rates your CPU at. It'll give a rating between 1-5 for your GPU, a 1-4 for your CPU, etc. If it's not a 4, then what I stated above is a huge part of your problem. If it's rating your CPU low, there's a way I can help you fool it into thinking it's the best CPU around (and it'll let a max of 20 sims on a lot). If we do that, though, and your CPU can't really handle it, you WILL have slowdowns/huge drops in FPS ("frames per second", what most people ignorantly call "lag").
    MakoSim wrote:
    I think it's something wrong with your computer, not with game. I have the same problem on my laptop (it has 24GB empty space) - only 1 or 2 Sims are in clubs. Then I install The Sims 3 Late Night on very good computer (it has more than 320GB empty space and best graphic card and video card) and when I send Sims in clubs there are from 3 - 5 Sims but in HotSpot clubs there are 12 and more Sims. :roll:

No offense, but it doesn't sound like you know what to look for in a good computer. Hard disk space has NOTHING to do with performance, first of all... the only performance issue regarding hard drives is the disk write/read speed. Also, your graphics card (regardless of how good you think it is; by the way, what is it?) has nothing to do with how many sims can be on a lot (this comes down to CPU speed). Also, the graphics card and video card are... the same thing.

Ugh, what are you talking about?
  • MakoSimMakoSim Posts: 184 Member
    edited November 2010
    Ooops about video and graphic card - First I write graphic card then I don't know why and I write video card but then I forget to delete one - just writing mistake. I will edit this stupid and weird thing. 8)

EDIT: I don't know a lot about computers. I'm athletic type of person. :x :P
    edited November 2010
    MakoSim wrote:
    Ooops about video and graphic card - First I write graphic card then I don't know why and I write video card but then I forget to delete one - just writing mistake. I will edit this stupid and weird thing. 8)

EDIT: I don't know a lot about computers. I'm athletic type of person. :x :P

Just to bust the stereotype, an athletic person can know a lot about computers; the two are not mutually exclusive.
  • pandora4copandora4co Posts: 729 Member
    edited November 2010
    Here is mine -

=== Application info ===
    Name: Sims3
    Version:
    Build: Release
    === Rating info ===
    GPU: 4 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 3 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 2394 Threading: 3
    Adjusted CPU: 2792 RAM: 6110 Adjusted RAM: 5598 Cores: 2
    === Machine info ===
    OS version: Windows Vista 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
    OS prod type: 0
    OS major ver: 6
    OS minor ver: 0
    OS SP major ver: 2
    OS SP minor ver: 0
    OS is 64Bit: 1
    CPU: GenuineIntel
    Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz
    Family: 6
    Model: 7
    Cores: 2
    HT: 0
    x64: 0
    Memory: 6110MB
    Free memory: 2977MB
    User: Colleen
    Computer: COLLEEN-PC
    === Graphics device info ===
    Number: 0
    Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
    Name (database): GeForce 9600M GT [Found: 1, Matched: 1]
    Vendor: NVIDIA
    Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 0649, Board: 30f4103c, Chipset: 00a1
    Driver: nvd3dum.dll, Version: 8.17.11.9562, GUID: D7B71E3E-4509-11CF-D656-FF101FC2C535
    Driver version: 9562
    Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
    Texture memory: 3296MB
    Vertex program: 3.0
    Pixel program: 3.0
    Hardware TnL: 1

I have the no sims at club problem too. But I don't think it's a computer issue for me. Nearly always a "hotspot" will only have 1-2 sims in it, same as the rest of my bars... but then occasionally, I will go to another club that is not a hotspot and I will find 8 sims there. Also when my sim visits "Non-bar" designated places, the gym, library, art museum for example, there will be lots (5-8 ) of other sims visiting the lot. I've had more show up on a lot at times. Only my lots designated as bars are deserted. This is why I think it is a glitch, not an issue,at least for me, of a computer issue.
    edited November 2010
    I see your CPU is rated at a 3 out of 4. I'll copy and paste this fix from another thread:
    If your DeviceConfig file in your My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 says something like
    === Rating Info ===
    GPU: 4 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 1 RAM: 4, this solution may help you. The CPU part matters the most for me, since everything else was at a 4 for me.

In the C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Late Night\Game\Bin folder (or wherever you installed Late Night to), open the GraphicsRules.sgr file in a text editor. Notepad is your best choice on a Windows based System.
    Change the lines
    seti cpuLevelUber 4
    seti cpuLevelHigh 3
    seti cpuLevelMedium 2
    seti cpuLevelLow 1

to
    seti cpuLevelUber 4
    seti cpuLevelHigh 3
    seti cpuLevelMedium 3
    seti cpuLevelLow 3
    And that'll make the game think you have a better cpu then the one it detected at startup. Because the game calculates clock speed and not actual CPU speed, it thought my CPU was at a 1. You can switch the cpuLevel to a 4 instead if you want more Sims, but your performance may suffer. It'll suffer a little when it's at 3, but I find it an acceptable loss.

Afterwards, you may need to delete the My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DeviceConfig file

Before when a place was a hot spot, I got about 2 other Sims there total besides the bouncers and the mixologists. After I did the tweak, I went to Waylons and it happened to be a hot spot, and there were about 8 Sims already, compared to the 2 I had before. Sure, it slowed down my game a little, but I prefer sacrificing my performance for gameplay. Not like The Sims 3 is a twitchy game.

Hope this helps you.

Now, you'll see that the quote says to set it to three. Your CPU is already rated a 3. You can make it a four, however, by changing the 3s to 4s. That's what I did.
    edited November 2010
    Neverent wrote:
    I see your CPU is rated at a 3 out of 4. I'll copy and paste this fix from another thread:
    If your DeviceConfig file in your My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 says something like
    === Rating Info ===
    GPU: 4 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 1 RAM: 4, this solution may help you. The CPU part matters the most for me, since everything else was at a 4 for me.

In the C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Late Night\Game\Bin folder (or wherever you installed Late Night to), open the GraphicsRules.sgr file in a text editor. Notepad is your best choice on a Windows based System.
    Change the lines
    seti cpuLevelUber 4
    seti cpuLevelHigh 3
    seti cpuLevelMedium 2
    seti cpuLevelLow 1

to
    seti cpuLevelUber 4
    seti cpuLevelHigh 3
    seti cpuLevelMedium 3
    seti cpuLevelLow 3
    And that'll make the game think you have a better cpu then the one it detected at startup. Because the game calculates clock speed and not actual CPU speed, it thought my CPU was at a 1. You can switch the cpuLevel to a 4 instead if you want more Sims, but your performance may suffer. It'll suffer a little when it's at 3, but I find it an acceptable loss.

Afterwards, you may need to delete the My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DeviceConfig file

Before when a place was a hot spot, I got about 2 other Sims there total besides the bouncers and the mixologists. After I did the tweak, I went to Waylons and it happened to be a hot spot, and there were about 8 Sims already, compared to the 2 I had before. Sure, it slowed down my game a little, but I prefer sacrificing my performance for gameplay. Not like The Sims 3 is a twitchy game.

Hope this helps you.

Now, you'll see that the quote says to set it to three. Your CPU is already rated a 3. You can make it a four, however, by changing the 3s to 4s. That's what I did.

OK I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I've changed it, I'll remove the deviceconfig file in My doc's and run the game and report back.
    edited November 2010
    pandora4co wrote:
    Neverent wrote:

(snip)

OK I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I've changed it, I'll remove the deviceconfig file in My doc's and run the game and report back.

Do keep in mind the file you have to edit is NOT the file I told you to find. The file you must edit is in my post above; it's in the C: directory.
  • YankeeAngelYankeeAngel Posts: 64 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Has anyone ever had their sim(s) read the newspaper? That's how my sims find out what places are hot spots and not empty. I very rarely find places that are empty most of the time people show up after my sim has arrived or their are people already there.
    edited November 2010
    Neverent wrote:
    pandora4co wrote:
    Neverent wrote:

(snip)

Do keep in mind the file you have to edit is NOT the file I told you to find. The file you must edit is in my post above; it's in the C: directory.

Yes I understand that :)

I changed it to 3's and am not noticing much difference honestly. I will now change it to 4's as your post makes sense and see what happens.
    edited November 2010
    pandora4co wrote:
    Yes I understand that :)

I changed it to 3's and am not noticing much difference honestly. I will now change it to 4's as your post makes sense and see what happens.

Lol yea, changing it to threes won't do anything for you because you're CPU is already being rated a 3. To see a difference, you'll have to set it to 4.

Also, if that still doesn't fix it, it's at least good you set it to four anyway because it sets the max sims on a lot to the max (20). That way, when you do figure out what's wrong, you'll be able to have up to 20 sims on a lot. Again, that's if this doesn't also fix your empty clubs (it fixed mine, and many others).
    edited November 2010
    I'm sorry but changing the GraphicsRules.sgr in C/programfiles/...LateNight/Game/Bin has made no major difference in the number of Sims showing up at bars.

Before the change 2-3 max were showing up for most bars with the rare occasion of 8+ showing up somewhere for no apparent reason.

After the change 3-4 max are showing up at hotspots and there will still be 0 or 1 sims at non-hotspots.
    Around 2pm ish game time, I took my sime to the Library. Within 15min Simtime, there were 6+ other sims in the library. So I then took my sim to a bar that had been designated a hotspot by the paper and had the hotspot symbol next to it. There was one sim there when my sim arrived, and only two more showed up. My sim stayed there until close and no more sims showed up. I played for a couple more sim days and this repeated itself each night with varied "hotspots".

I wish the "fix" had worked but I really do not believe this is a computer specs issue. If it was, I should not be getting large amounts of visiting sims at other types of lots correct? The only community lots that I seem to get very few/no visitors on are lots designated as bars/clubs/hangouts. I'm really hoping that EA releases a patch for this or someone creates a mod to correct this.
    edited November 2010
    Okay then we've got computer specs ruled out.

Your next step is look around town for a spot that might be mysteriously calling out to sims to congregate there. People have reported beaches, a parking garage, etc., have lured all of the sims in the town to the spot where they all just gather, starve to death, etc. and never go home. Deleting this area has fixed it for them.

Worth a shot to look.
    edited November 2010
    The town I'm playing I just started. It's only about 10 "Sim days" old. It's Riverview that I made over to add bars and such for LN.

I will take a look around but I'm not sure I'll find anything.
  • Michellec1980Michellec1980 Posts: 380
    edited November 2010
    Add more sims to your neighborhood. and then come back to say if it made a difference
  • Momoko1359Momoko1359 Posts: 16
    edited November 2010
    Has anyone ever had their sim(s) read the newspaper? That's how my sims find out what places are hot spots and not empty. I very rarely find places that are empty most of the time people show up after my sim has arrived or their are people already there.

Yeah, i think that might be some people's problem, not all of them, but some. I read the paper, and it tells me what the hotspots are. Then when i go there there's always like 6+ people.
    edited November 2010
    The primary problem is definitely stemming from having 4-5 variables (or more) that effect how many sims go to a club/bar. No matter what solution we find, or what variables we learn to tweak, I think the ultimate responsibility lays with EA.

We shouldn't have to make the stars align just to get a *reasonable* turn out to a club.
    edited November 2010
    Well I just added about 8 couples (16 adult sims total) to my Town. Played one of the new families. Went to a hotspot.... 3 other sims. I had the girl of the couple go visit the library while the guy stayed behind. As soon as she showed up to the library, about 7 other sims were there w/in about 30 sim minutes. I went back to the guy at the "hotspot" and he was still there with the other 3 sims.

I should also say earlier my girl visited the bistro and there were a bunch 7-8 sims just hanging around the bistro to talk to. Any other lot they flock to.. just not my bars.

I see lots of sims just walking around my town too. Lots. I even see them walking past the "hotspots" frequently. They just. Do Not. Come in.

• CollbPlayerCollbPlayer Posts: 44
    edited February 2011
    You could:

-try setting the ropes to lower levels (go to build mode and shift+c click on them to do this)
    -Delete the ropes all together
    -Look around your town and see if a large group of sims are congregated to one area, peeing and vomiting (gross right?) This is also a glitch and explains where all the sims are, and if you find this in your game you can try resetting the sims.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else. Nothing has worked for me but others found more luck, even if it meant 2 more sims in their clubs. Personally, I say just throw parties at the venues.

It's a bit of a drag, a nice city and awesome places but no one anywhere...I hope this is a bug but I'm not holding my breath.

In my game, a million sims were standing outside the fitness center. How can I fix this? Thanks!
  • JaanaDruidJaanaDruid Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited February 2011
    pandora4co wrote: see lots of sims just walking around my town too. Lots. I even see them walking past the "hotspots" frequently. They just. Do Not. Come in
    Your club turn out doesn't seem abnormal based on what you've said. For example: a population of 100 sims with a 20% teen, 20% YA & 20% Adult population would have an eligible club pool of 60 sims. If you had all 9 bar types in your town, that's an average 6-7 sims/club. You mentioned getting 3-4 max at your hotspots (plural on hotspots here) which isn't that far off 6-7. So if you had exactly ONE club in your town, I'm willing to bet you'd get a turnout greater than those 3-4 sims...

Did you also consider other factors like

1. what's the number of club eligible sims in your RV town? What's your town teen:YA:Adult:Elder ratio like? It may be you just need to add more sims to your town?

2. how many clubs exist in your town? You indicated you had more than one club in an earlier posts. More clubs = lower number of sims/club

3. how many sims in your town's club eligible pool have afternoon/night time jobs/careers? The game won't be able to select these by default. Could any of those sims that walk past your clubs be enroute to their job? Or another inactive lot the game decided to send them to perhaps? My inactive sims will hangout at other lots and do stuff all over town---and not necessarily in the hotspots or lot my sims are on.

4. what's your town layout/design like? The original RV layout with the homes spaced far apart (ie more than 3-4 blocks)? Or did you redesign it so your clubs are clustered together in a commercially zoned area? RV is a reasonably large map, so if you've got subways in your town, then the farther apart your clubs are, the more time your sims will spend navigating the subway sysstem to the clubs.

5. what kind of club design does your town have? Did you import the BP skyscrapers into RV? Or are you using custom build lots? If you're using the BP skyscrapers, then it's also possible your sims are wasting precious clubbing time traveling vertically (or being trapped) in the club elevator/lobby system. Just so they can get to the club by closing time. So you might want to consider using smaller lots---restricted to 1-3 stories---with stairs and/or multiple elevator access if possible. Lots of really great lots are available on the exchange for download.

6. how often do your sims throw parties in the clubs? You can get up to 16 sims on a party invite (more if you use mods) at a club lot. From my experience, throwing club parties tend to increase the chance you'll get party crashers at that venue(and/or whatever random townies the game might add). Although most of these crashers tended to be my CAS sims who had outgoing traits like friendly, party animal etc. or the "always on the list" LTR.

You'll always get a population boost from the game's tendency to send whatever idling sims are available to your active lot. But this actual number depends on your CPU processing power like Neverent said. So if sims aren't consistenly showing up on a random basis, it could be that your CPU IS a factor after all.

just something to consider
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top