Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm confused between Sims 2 and Sims 3...

In other games I was able to create my neighborhood with the charachters I chose but now I can only play one family and have to interact with the weird sims that EA provides in those neighborhoods? Im finding this hard to make a a single person get married and have a family before the freaking die. Also I have a sim family in replication of me and my husband and our sim kids are ready to move out but when I do this the daughter moves and I fear if I save that I won't be able to play my husband and I. Any advice? Am I missing something?

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited June 2009
    If i'm understanding you correctly, maybe you can turn off story progression? That way the game won't delete your sims.

You can play each household. But you must go to edit town in "options" then click on, change active household something.... (don't remember what it's called) then switch, to play a different household. Does this make sense, or am I confusing you?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • HamadeyalookHamadeyalook Posts: 682 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If you go to edit town and your daughter is in the bin then you can move her into a house in the same neighborhood as you and your husband and be able to play both.
  • mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You can create multiple families by creating new games. Romance is easy if you like playing like a creep most people shoo away at bars you can marry a Sim in one day. The key is to SPAMromantic socials until they find you alluring. You can use each social on average twice before the npc's get tired of it and start acting negatively. Hope this helps...
  • PinkyDinkPinkyDink Posts: 35 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No what Im asking can I still play both families and have them go back and forth between each other to visit and interact?
  • HamadeyalookHamadeyalook Posts: 682 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If you put them in the same neighborhood yes they can visit each other's lots. But they will be two separate households.