Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion Pack Ideas

MariaSmittzMariaSmittz Posts: 24
edited January 2023 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
I understand that everyone wants the same old expansion packs...seasons, pets, makin magic...etc.... If people wanna play those expansions go back and play sims 2. They need new ideas, new expansions. Why do I want to play the same game but just in an updated version....I don't.

Soooo who has got any ideas on what would be a NEW expansion pack idea?!?!?!

:mrgreen:
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    simolgysimolgy Posts: 108
    edited November 2010
    I understand that everyone wants the same old expansion packs...seasons, pets, makin magic...etc.... If people wanna play those expansions go back and play sims 2. They need new ideas, new expansions. Why do I want to play the same game but just in an updated version....I don't.

indeed i agree but it will be difficult for players to let go...
  • Options
    miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited November 2010
    EXACTLY.

I do not want sims 2.5!!!!! Why does everyone want the same expansion packs as sims 1/2? That's a total waste of money.

I'd love to see something like "Fun in the Sun", that adds lots of cool beach activities like sea-dooing, waterskiing, swimming, sandcastle building, tanning, luaus, Polynesian fire dancers, hula dancers, you know, stuff like that =)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    EXACTLY.

I do not want sims 2.5!!!!! Why does everyone want the same expansion packs as sims 1/2? That's a total waste of money.

I'd love to see something like "Fun in the Sun", that adds lots of cool beach activities like sea-dooing, waterskiing, swimming, sandcastle building, tanning, luaus, Polynesian fire dancers, hula dancers, you know, stuff like that =)

I think that that is a great idea !!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    EXACTLY.

I think that that is a great idea !!

I'd love it, that's for sure. I'd spend all year on the beach if it wasn't fpr stupid Canadian winters. >:[

I also wouldn't mind something that added to the baby/toddler/child life stages. They're just sooo boring right now.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited November 2010
    I already responded to a very similar post of yours in another topic, it easily applies here as well:

"Sorry to tell you but EA held off of on Seasons (and Pets) not because "it's a new game" but because they will add them in later to get more money. They will and have to come back whether you like it or not.

Yes, we could play The Sims 2, and I do. However, that doesn't mean that we should be deprived of these features in The Sims 3. As you said it is a new game, we want these features in the new game as well. Seasons could actually be an improvement in The Sims 3, because The Sims 3 has added a lot of opportunities through its favorites, traits, and moodlets system to allow the seasons and weather to actually impact our Sims.

You say it's a new game, well I say that these features do not detract from that. Any good sequel builds on its predecessors. Also, if you want a "new game", find a different franchise. Don't like it when your logic is used on you, now do you?

Again, it's a sequel, not a new franchise. The fans are expecting these features back, and they will come back. There is still plenty of room for new ideas in other expansion packs.

We are not arguing that The Sims 3 should be The Sims 2. Seasons and Pets can be better by being built up using The Sims 3's own features. The people who want The Sims 3 to be The Sims 2? Look for the people who are saying we shouldn't have story progression and the seamless neighborhood, look for the people who are saying we shouldn't have traits, etc. I don't know if they exist, but they are the ones who are wanting The Sims 3 to be The Sims 2, not us."

Also, just curious, where are YOUR "new" expansion pack ideas?
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    barisaxy wrote:
    I already responded to a very similar post of yours in another topic, it easily applies here as well:

"Sorry to tell you but EA held off of on Seasons (and Pets) not because "it's a new game" but because they will add them in later to get more money. They will and have to come back whether you like it or not.

Yes, we could play The Sims 2, and I do. However, that doesn't mean that we should be deprived of these features in The Sims 3. As you said it is a new game, we want these features in the new game as well. Seasons could actually be an improvement in The Sims 3, because The Sims 3 has added a lot of opportunities through its favorites, traits, and moodlets system to allow the seasons and weather to actually impact our Sims.

You say it's a new game, well I say that these features do not detract from that. Any good sequel builds on its predecessors. Also, if you want a "new game", find a different franchise. Don't like it when your logic is used on you, now do you?

Again, it's a sequel, not a new franchise. The fans are expecting these features back, and they will come back. There is still plenty of room for new ideas in other expansion packs.

We are not arguing that The Sims 3 should be The Sims 2. Seasons and Pets can be better by being built up using The Sims 3's own features. The people who want The Sims 3 to be The Sims 2? Look for the people who are saying we shouldn't have story progression and the seamless neighborhood, look for the people who are saying we shouldn't have traits, etc. I don't know if they exist, but they are the ones who are wanting The Sims 3 to be The Sims 2, not us."

Here you go again, arguing with everything. :roll:
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Not true, I'm just tired of the notion that seeing features come back from expansion packs in The Sims 2 would make the game "The Sims 2.5". No, The Sims 3 already has its own features, and adding new features isn't going to make it "The Sims 2.5".

Seasons and Pets are not in The Sims 3 base game because they don't belong there, they weren't there because EA knew they could make a lot of money by making expansion packs for them later. That much is obvious.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    barisaxy wrote:

Not true, I'm just tired of the notion that seeing features come back from expansion packs in The Sims 2 would make the game "The Sims 2.5". No, The Sims 3 already has its own features, and adding new features isn't going to make it "The Sims 2.5".

Seasons and Pets are not in The Sims 3 base game because they don't belong there, they weren't there because EA knew they could make a lot of money by making expansion packs for them later. That much is obvious.

There's absolutely no point in Sims 3 have all the same expansions as Sims 2. If you want these features so badly then go back to Sims 2.. The OP isn't talking about pets and seasons specifically, she's talking about the fact that nobody ever suggest anything we didn't already have, and I totally agree. I don't understand how people would be willing to spend hundreds of dollars for a game with features we already had and nothing new as far as expansion packs go.

The point of this thread is to share new ideas about expansion packs. If you won't do that then don't post. >.>
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited November 2010

Do not agree
  • Options
    SanariSanari Posts: 436 New Member
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    There's absolutely no point in Sims 3 have all the same expansions as Sims 2. If you want these features so badly then go back to Sims 2.. The OP isn't talking about pets and seasons specifically, she's talking about the fact that nobody ever suggest anything we didn't already have, and I totally agree. I don't understand how people would be willing to spend hundreds of dollars for a game with features we already had and nothing new as far as expansion packs go.

And I'm saying that Seasons and Pets were features that will come back no matter what. Blame EA for wanting the extra money and adding them in EP's later, not us for wanting them back. Pets was in both The Sims 1 and 2, it isn't a "The Sims 2 feature", and Seasons and weather are major features that really add to the simulation experience. They aren't feature we just want thrown back in because we loved them in The Sims 2. They have value in this game as well. (in fact, I really didn't love Pets in The Sims 2)

Just because we want these features back does not mean we want it to be The Sims 2, nor does it mean we don't want original expansion packs. But EA has chosen to go down the route of ********* (wait... why did that get censored? Oh EA. I see what you did there.) EPs instead of originally including the features in the base game. What can we do?

Where are all of these "original ideas" anyway? I don't see much of them, and it's not because Seasons and Pets ideas flood this forum, it's because a lot of ideas have already been used or aren't major enough to be considered EPs by themselves.
    The point of this thread is to share new ideas about expansion packs. If you won't do that then don't post. >.>

Says the one who goes into every topic related to Pets and Seasons and posts nothing whatsoever of value in them?

Sorry, but I don't think you have any room to talk there.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    elijahhines10elijahhines10 Posts: 6,433 Member
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Personally, this is a discussion..NOT an argument. I wouldn't mind seeing seasons, just a little bit more in depth. When it's snowing - having the option to go skiing, or snowboarding..HEY maybe even ice skating... Or when its hot and sunny, going snorkeling or scubadiving. Having tornadoes, and watching your sims rush around trying to catch their mailbox that is 3 houses down.

Maybe seeing sims have a bad day, more then just a dirty house, or peeing their pants....Maybe getting into a car accident and end up with a broken leg, and have to get around on crutches for a few days...

I'm not saying I that I wouldn't want previous expansion packs, I just think that they should be combined into more then one pack so we dont have to wait 6 months for the next one to come out !
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    barisaxy wrote:

Personally, this is a discussion..NOT an argument. I wouldn't mind seeing seasons, just a little bit more in depth. When it's snowing - having the option to go skiing, or snowboarding..HEY maybe even ice skating... Or when its hot and sunny, going snorkeling or scubadiving. Having tornadoes, and watching your sims rush around trying to catch their mailbox that is 3 houses down.

Maybe seeing sims have a bad day, more then just a dirty house, or peeing their pants....Maybe getting into a car accident and end up with a broken leg, and have to get around on crutches for a few days...

I'm not saying I that I wouldn't want previous expansion packs, I just think that they should be combined into more then one pack so we dont have to wait 6 months for the next one to come out !

• Options
    edited November 2010
    barisaxy wrote:

And I'm saying that Seasons and Pets were features that will come back no matter what. Blame EA for wanting the extra money and adding them in EP's later, not us for wanting them back. Pets was in both The Sims 1 and 2, it isn't a "The Sims 2 feature", and Seasons and weather are major features that really add to the simulation experience. They aren't feature we just want thrown back in because we loved them in The Sims 2. They have value in this game as well. (in fact, I really didn't love Pets in The Sims 2)

Just because we want these features back does not mean we want it to be The Sims 2, nor does it mean we don't want original expansion packs. But EA has chosen to go down the route of ********* (wait... why did that get censored? Oh EA. I see what you did there.) EPs instead of originally including the features in the base game. What can we do?

Where are all of these "original ideas" anyway? I don't see much of them, and it's not because Seasons and Pets ideas flood this forum, it's because a lot of ideas have already been used or aren't major enough to be considered EPs by themselves.

Says the one who goes into every topic related to Pets and Seasons and posts nothing whatsoever of value in them?

Sorry, but I don't think you have any room to talk there.

If you're trying to "win" then congrats. You did. Sorry there's no cake.
  • Options
    DarknessWingDarknessWing Posts: 61 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I think having a new kind of expansion would be great for the sims!

I think in some fairness, between sims and sims 2 expansions, they did cover a lot of ground for players to explore. I'm not saying it's impossible to come up with something knew, but it's defiantly easy to see why they'd bring back aspects from previous expansions.

I did love what they did with LN though, mostly with the vampires honestly. I'm not partially a huge vampire die hard fan (was more of an Anne Rice girl myself then sparkles vampy) but they make the aspect of being a vampire being actually a pretty big perk then just a cheesy kind of fun.

World Adventures is probably one of my favorites though (although the novelty of it wears off after going through everything for the third time..), but I'd say it's defiantly a great example of a new and unique expansion!

Although I am certainly one of the guilty people who really wants to see seasons in sims 3 (hehe x3) I would love seeing it mixed in to be part of newer kind of experience, that would be such a sweet gift~

I really do hope that with whatever they put out next will have a great deal of family interactions.

Maybe it's just me but it really feels like only toddler has the only real parent/child interaction, then on.. well... so long as someones home and food in the fridge, the kid can survive without them at all.. With these buffs in sims 3, I would of thought that the kids would eventually get a "miss mom/dad" debuff if they haven't really played/talked with them, and family orientated sims would also long for their other family members too.

I'm probably just reading too much into this >_< But I guess that could hopefully be something to explore with a new EP

I guess ambitions is suppose to be this.. but it would be kind of cool to getting a choice, or choosing to cut into your sims when they're at work/school, and control them with what they do. Like if your a sim doctor, having to mess around with all that chaos, or if your sims in school, having to deal with the classes and social interactions of other sims kids.
    Then again I guess the problem would be that if you had other sims then you couldn't control what they were up to during that.. but then again.. sometimes if you have both parents at work and the kid at school, it's just a boring wait until someone finally comes home...

....Forgive me, I'm bored and thinking too much ;D
  • Options
    lowenbajowenlowenbajowen Posts: 61 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Wow. I thought it was pretty obvious, but I'll go ahead and explain it.
    The reason people want similar but better expansions from Sims 2 on Sims 3 is very simple;
    Firstly, they have become essential for the game to feel complete and half of them were expected to be incorporated into the base game,
    Secondly, Sims 3 is vastly different from Sims 2 so therefor each expansion will be different than its equivalent in the Sims 2. I want pets that I take for a walk out of my house and walk down the street and into the park. I want to send my teen sims to college with them being able to walk out of their apartments and down the street to the grocery store to pick up some more food for their dorm.

You can't do any of this in the Sims 2. Sims 3 is not just an upgraded version of the sims 2, its an entirely different sim game within itself. This is why people are asking for already made Sims 2 expansion packs, and new ones.

Now, if I had to think of a new expansion pack, as already mentioned I would go with farming, but aside from that, I think more themes and different worlds would be fun, maybe not as expansions but as downlopadable EA worlds from the sims site. The look and feel of the game is very important, as everyone will have their own tastes.

As far as new features are concerned, more interactions with sims and their world, and even online play. I don't mean MMORPG, but I LOVE playing Sims with my friends on console and I think it would be fun to, way later down the road, integrate the game into new neighborhoods that you canplay with another friend online with, still able to make your awesome houses and all that. Obviously this would take a great deal to develop and be an entirely new addition to the game itself, but I think it would be fun to be able to link up with another person in the sims community or one of my friends with their sim game on their computer and play together in one household.
  • Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Wow. I thought it was pretty obvious, but I'll go ahead and explain it.
    The reason people want similar but better expansions from Sims 2 on Sims 3 is very simple;
    Firstly, they have become essential for the game to feel complete and half of them were expected to be incorporated into the base game,
    Secondly, Sims 3 is vastly different from Sims 2 so therefor each expansion will be different than its equivalent in the Sims 2. I want pets that I take for a walk out of my house and walk down the street and into the park. I want to send my teen sims to college with them being able to walk out of their apartments and down the street to the grocery store to pick up some more food for their dorm.

You can't do any of this in the Sims 2. Sims 3 is not just an upgraded version of the sims 2, its an entirely different sim game within itself. This is why people are asking for already made Sims 2 expansion packs, and new ones.

Yeah, if they didn't add things already found in The Sims 2 into The Sims 3, The Sims 3 would lack a lot of things that are in real life. Sometimes EA have to take some things from The Sims 2 and incorporate them into a new EP for TS3 for that reason I mentioned above.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top