Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Peacy's Stuff - StoneyBrook Barn Page 1

Comments

• peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited November 2010
    Swoon! :D

Totally love this one. I agree with what most people have already said, and I don't think you should you be afraid of using dark woods. This really works! And the green is a wonderful contrast / pop to the architecture, the wood and so compliments the overall style of the house. :D

Absolutely DRF from me!!! :wink:

So inspiring! :D

Big_Smile.gif

thanks stu. i do like dark wood but i find it so hard to work with. since i have little experience using it i find it hard to make it look right. the dark colour tends to make my builds look heavy but here it works great. i guess i am just going to have to practise some more :)
    edited November 2010
    Allium wrote:
    PC this is just beautiful :), it looks deceptively simple which it isn't, in fact its really complex and everything in it is carefully considered. Love the multi level rear aspect in particular and love the notches out the corner of the pool :). Inside it definitely had a stripped back PC flair.

Stunning build.

Absolutely Rec'd! :D

Haha.gif

alli the original house was indeed very simple but quite complicated when trying to translate the structure to the sims world. you sure hit the nail on the head!

the original house didn't have sunken living areas but this was a side effect of the translation process and i needed it to give the windows extra height. it came out very well and i should consider sunken living areas more often. i agree it does have a little of me in there so i guess i do have my own style :)

edited November 2010
    jisgr8 wrote:
    You're on a roll with the FLW recreations Peacy. Looks fantastic. Great color choice with the white and sage green that compliment the cherry perfectly. Awesome pool area and master bedroom designs. Rec'd.

PS: If you really want to go all out and do another FLW creation then I suggest Taliesin West. Not sure if it's possible with the game, but if anyone can do it you can :mrgreen:

Dag.gif

hi J

thank you so much! i have had the picture of penfield house for some time but only found out after research that it was designed by FLW. Cherrywood house is not a perfect replica but with this game that can be impossible but i am extremely happy with the final result and it looks like everyone really likes it and that makes me very happy :)

Talisesin House looks amazing too! i wonder if i could pull it off? might be a good excuse to go FLW crazy!

Confused.gif
    edited November 2010
    Peacy Cherrywood house is goregous, I love the simple clean lines of it and of course your interiors are stunning as always, left you a dl and rec

Dag.gif

Hi deb

so great to see you here commenting on my build. very much appreciated. your comments are always welcoming at its comments like that that keep me building :)
    edited November 2010
    TnT_Terry wrote:
    :shock: Wow where do I begin Peacy? :shock: Well lets just say that I am having problems keeping my jaw from hitting the hard floor or the keyboard lol! :P I went through your studio and caught up on rec'g everything I have missed (which was tons apparently :oops: ) but I have faved and dldd many as well. I think my jaw hurt the most when I hit "Falling water" OMG that is the most gorgeous version I have ever seen bud and I don't think my jaw will ever recover from this one lol :wink: I can't say enough about your talent throughout that entire build, and your landscape is impeccabley tantalizing :D Now this last one really stunned me as well and I just had to have it for myself and can't wait to get in game to tour this beauty as well as all the other dlds :D I added you to my Rec central thread list here in the forums so that others can enjoy your studio as well. Can't wait to see what you come up with next :wink:

hugs, Terry

Big_Smile.gif

hi terry :mrgreen:

thankyou so much for your kind and encouraging comments! i love falling water too and still surprised it got featured though. still i will take what i can get :)

i know the feeling about the jaw dropping as mine does that all the time. i swear i have a permanent overbite from extensive stretching :lol:

thankyou for the rec's and dl's as well as being added to your rec list :)
  • AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Ooooh another FLW, Peacy fusion build! It's so beautiful Peacy, loving the minimalist style.. clean, serene and absolutely gorgeous. Off to download and rec. :D

FLW + Peacy = Awesomeness!
    edited November 2010
    Allure wrote:
    Ooooh another FLW, Peacy fusion build! It's so beautiful Peacy, loving the minimalist style.. clean, serene and absolutely gorgeous. Off to download and rec. :D

FLW + Peacy = Awesomeness!

thank you lulu :mrgreen:

i have some more planned as i am redoing bridgeport but thats going to take a while :lol:
    edited November 2010
    Today a bring you a Usonian build with an interior that you will either love or hate. it is modern, it is bold, it has me written all over it :lol:

Jacobshouse.png

download link:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3443491#

Inside the house:

2 bedrooms
    2 bathrooms
    Sunken living room
    Open kitchen and dining area
    Study
    Single garage
    Outdoor eating area
    Pool

Photobucket slideshow link:

http://s779.photobucket.com/albums/yy71/Peacemaker_ic/Usonian Houses/?action=view&current=9c462241.pbw

for more details head to my blog:

http://simsationaldesigns.blogspot.com/2010/11/jacobs-house-flw-usonian.html

i keep most of the details here now just for ease of use, less work to share my work then it used to be.

i do hope you all enjoy it as i really enjoyed making it even if the interior is not everyone's cup of tea so to speak :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited November 2010
    I love it, I love it, I love it! It is absolutely STUNNING! :shock: You are certainly the master of modern builds. It is so inspiring to see one of your builds. That is the reason why you are one of my favourite builders. There are so many lovely details to this lot and I do not where to start. The archiecture is pure PERFECTION! Love the combination of wood and stone for the exterior wall. The pool area and the covered patio area looks fantastic! Inside, I love the colour combinations. That stone wall with the gold and black looks absolutely beautiful! Love each and every room! Left a well deserved recommendation for your build and added the lot to my favourite. Hope this gets featured by EA. :thumbup:
    edited November 2010
    thankyou yanti :mrgreen:
  • ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited November 2010
    Beautiful work, Peacy! I lovwe the strong horizontal lines and the shape of the exterior....and dont even get me started about that dramatic yellow accent on the interior...wow! :D:D:D Me likey! Off to rec :-)
    edited November 2010
    thanks ruthy. i just love the pop of the yellow. i know its not everyone's favourite colour but modern interiors are a love'em-or-hate'em design and i love it so if anyone else does then its a bonus :)
  • chocolates2009chocolates2009 Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited November 2010
    I really like Jacob's House. The way you used the yellow is really nice! :D
    Rec'd
    edited November 2010
    thankyou. its been a while since i experimented with interior design. i think it came out well :)
  • tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    edited November 2010
    You're on a roll! Another wonderful modern, I see. :)
    I love the slenderness of the overhanging roof. Is that with the stage feature from LN? And the mix of stone and wood is perfect. I'm glad you use wood in your modern builds, it makes homes seem so much more... better. Sorry, it's a bit of a "cop-out adjective" but it's still true. Also at first I wasn't sure of the yellow but after watching the photobucket tour I think I'm converted. It's used perfectly, and I really like how you carried the streaks of colour over the ceiling.

Definite rec from me. :)
  • AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited November 2010
    STUNNING as usual Pc!

LOVE the kitchen an the back garden in particular :D :thumbup:
    Absolutely rec'd!

MSN-Emoticon-love-009.gif
  • marieblue17marieblue17 Posts: 6,142 Member
    edited November 2010
    I gotta admit.
    When I read "Jacob's House", I was totally expecting....a cave.
    >_>
    <_<
    LOST reference.
  • TfbobTfbob Posts: 747 Member
    edited November 2010
    Your Jacob's House is impressive, Peacemaker! I like the creative use of ceiling tiles and your interiors are gorgeous. I also really love your Falling Water. I tried to do a version of it before we had half walls and gave up. Yours looks just like the original. I gave you a rec and dl on both. :D And congrats on the feature!
    edited November 2010
    tdewd wrote:
    You're on a roll! Another wonderful modern, I see. :)
    I love the slenderness of the overhanging roof. Is that with the stage feature from LN? And the mix of stone and wood is perfect. I'm glad you use wood in your modern builds, it makes homes seem so much more... better. Sorry, it's a bit of a "cop-out adjective" but it's still true. Also at first I wasn't sure of the yellow but after watching the photobucket tour I think I'm converted. It's used perfectly, and I really like how you carried the streaks of colour over the ceiling.

Definite rec from me. :)

happy to know the yellow has grown on you. i agree about the exterior textures, i try to mix it up and i do love using wood. it doesn't always work but most of the time, if used right, it really adds warmth to a cold build
  • kquinn1990kquinn1990 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited November 2010
    When I saw the title for the new "Jacob's House" I thought it was some classy mansion from the name, but it fooled me. It's some amazing modern just like all your moderns AMAZING. I really like the yellow stripes you added it pops out and it looks great. The pool is my favorite part. Great work. A rec and fav from me. Oh a rec from the last one to, forgot to comment on that one.

kquinn1990
    edited November 2010
    Allium wrote:
    STUNNING as usual Pc!

LOVE the kitchen an the back garden in particular :D :thumbup:
    Absolutely rec'd!

MSN-Emoticon-love-009.gif

thanks alli. i had fun with this build. the biggest problem was getting the colours right. so happy its a hit :)
    edited November 2010
    I gotta admit.
    >_>
    <_<
    LOST reference.

sorry, didn't watch LOST :?
    edited November 2010
    Tfbob wrote:
    Your Jacob's House is impressive, Peacemaker! I like the creative use of ceiling tiles and your interiors are gorgeous. I also really love your Falling Water. I tried to do a version of it before we had half walls and gave up. Yours looks just like the original. I gave you a rec and dl on both. :D And congrats on the feature!

thanks TFbob, you know how i do love modern builds. i usually ignore the ceilings in my builds but i decided to try something different because of all the different angles in the house. i guess it looks so natural like that.

thanks for the congrats with FW, it was a shock and still is. i think i get more satisfaction from comments like yours then any rec and dl from the exchange. it was a challenge, but one i would do again in a heartbeat :)
    edited November 2010
    kquinn1990 wrote:
    When I saw the title for the new "Jacob's House" I thought it was some classy mansion from the name, but it fooled me. It's some amazing modern just like all your moderns AMAZING. I really like the yellow stripes you added it pops out and it looks great. The pool is my favorite part. Great work. A rec and fav from me. Oh a rec from the last one to, forgot to comment on that one.

kquinn1990

thanks kquinn. i thought the yellow would be a bit more controversial then it has been. i am happy people really like it. the name is a little misleading but its the same name as the FLW creation it is inspired by. since it was built a long time ago i guess people don't know it by name but i think its a nice tribute.

thanks for the rec on the previous lot too :)
  • marieblue17marieblue17 Posts: 6,142 Member
    edited November 2010
    I gotta admit.
    >_>
    <_<
    LOST reference.

sorry, didn't watch LOST :?

That's okay.
    Jacob lived here.

4+toed+statue+present.jpg