Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Butler disappears? or did he quit?

So my sim hired a butler, and I know that butlers can quit if you don't build a relationship with them so I made my sim be friends with the butler and I gave him his own room and a bed and stuff. 3 or 4 days later my sim came home from the club at like 4am (lol my sim likes to party) and the butler was just gone. I didn't get any notifications that he quit or anything...but i don't even know if you get one if they quit? In the relationship pannel he was there dressed in everyday clothes still friends with my sim. I suppose my sim didn't spend much time at home because I was out exploring bridgeport most of the time, is this why he quit or disappeared? :/

Comments

• AnnieEsqAnnieEsq Posts: 72 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Is he gone or is he there but invisible? Oh, the metaphysics of the Sims.

Can you hire another butler? If not, he's not gone. I can't see mine and can't hire another. So, where is he?

Crazy.
  • greenteagreentea Posts: 235 Member
    edited October 2010
    Yeah there's something wrong with the butlers in the game.
  • Midnight23Midnight23 Posts: 655 New Member
    edited October 2010
    if ur butler has left and u can't cancel the service or rehire another just reload, that seems to fix it, it did for me
  • AcUnleashedAcUnleashed Posts: 124 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Same thing happened to me. I hired 3 butlers already and every week they leave my Sims! :lol: My Sims and the butler are friends so I don't know why he left the house. There was a notification that he's getting his weekly salary and I thought he's staying but he left. Those butlers are lazy, they're not good at babysitting, they always cook breakfast but not lunch and dinner even if my Sims are still there unlike my 1 and only hired butler on my previous household. The butler there is a hardworking man. He has a high cooking skill as he cooked Lobster Thermidor for our Sims for their dinner.
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited October 2010
    Weird. The first butler I had quit - until I saw that you had to have a relationship with him (need to read those pop ups better *g*). Lesson learned. Second butler is fine - he works hard, everything is clean, etc. and he cooks like... ALL the time. As for babysitting, it has started to annoy that he's always in the way when momsim goes to feed or change the baby. In my game, he has a very bizarre sleep pattern, though. Sometimes even in the middle of sleeping, he'll get up, clean something and then go back to bed. Then wake up and make the bed. Then lay down and nap... etc. Kind of funny to watch.
  • AnnieEsqAnnieEsq Posts: 72 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I upped the relationships with the butler and she reappeared.
  • FreshlyInstableFreshlyInstable Posts: 6
    edited November 2010
    My Sim's butler randomly disappeared, too. So I re-entered the game and followed her when she left. Apparently, rather than taking care of the newborn baby, she'd prefer participating in a public mass vomiting ritual that was taking place in a nearby alley. O_o

Screenshot-182.jpg
  • LysandersgrrlLysandersgrrl Posts: 56 Member
    edited November 2010
    I had that happen too. First one just disappeared, no notice or anything and my sim and her were good friends. Second one took a week pay and never came back. I gave up after that. They didn't really do anything.
  • marebaremarebare Posts: 34
    edited November 2010
    I had a butler, but after a week my sims decided to dismiss her. It was too weird having her around the house, and she made too much food anyway. LOL!

Thought she was gone, but one night I was looking around the house and the sheets were moving on the butler's bed. It was darned eerie. I thought, oh man, she is still here and invisible. Bizarre!

After a few Sim days, she was still around in spite of me rebooting game etc. It was irritating cuz I never knew where she'd be and she kept making dinner after my sims had already eaten.

So I came here and read where others were having same problems. I decided to try something strange. I had one of my sims lock her in her room. She has been there for two days now and can't eat or use the restroom. I will let you guys know how it turns out. She's having a fit and complaining. ha-ha!
  • jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    edited November 2010
    I've had a similar thing going on with the butlers. It seems to me like you have to rehire them each week. I've had 3 different butlers. The last time he disappeared, I called to hire one again and the same guy showed back up. My relationship was the same, we are friends. I don't think it is supposed to work that way, but in my game at least, I think it has been like that.
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • talynn27talynn27 Posts: 11
    edited November 2010
    I have had butlers stay for weeks and not had to rehire them. But once, when I did fore one, I got the Invisible Butler Syndrome. Bedsheets moving, bed still assigned, (TONS OF) food being made invisibly, can't find the old butler, and can't hire a new one.

Moving the family out, then right back in, fixed it for me. I was able to hire a new butler, and she's been fine.

Butlers are SO buggy.
  • LouiseRebeccaLouiseRebecca Posts: 3 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I've had that problem and then i can't rehire them because the service is red and the game still thinks that i have a butler.

One solution was to open cheat window cntr+shift+c and type 'resetsim' and then either 'butler' or the butler's name

e.g 'resetsim rena rosado'

I can now hire a butler again, but i've yet to see if he/she will keep randomly disappearing
  • NewportTownPoetNewportTownPoet Posts: 3 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I noticed that before my butler's walk off into the sunset, they've always complained about doing the laundry. :roll: How many have washing machines and irritating butlers?
  • BrendoushkaBrendoushka Posts: 141 Member
    edited November 2010
    My butler went to sleep in a sarcophagus I have in the basement, turned into a mummy and now I cannot get her to change back to butler or get rid of her. I tried to dismiss her but hhe cannot go up the stairs, cannot open doors, just complaining and growling in the basement with the void symbol over her head at all times. Someone knows how to "cure" this idiot butler??
  • CindCind Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    The first butler I had, disappeared from the house but was still taking his pay. I couldn't hire a new butler because the game still thought I had a butler. I couldn't find him anywhere until the notification came up that he was taking his weekly pay and I clicked on his picture and it brought me right to him. I had to get my Sim to go to where the butler was and fire him. I could hire a new butler than. The new butler disappeared within two days, I found her sitting on a bench, my Sim went to her and dismissed her. I hired a new one and it was her again but she never showed up, I can't hire a new one again until I find and fire her! Definitely big issues with the butlers.
  • SkyologySkyology Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    My one butler is downstairs in some one else apartment. He is exhausted and keeps falling down. I continue to try and fire him to no avail. He cannot get out of the apartment that he is stuck in. What should I do?
  • pandapaige1996pandapaige1996 Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    i just hired a butler and it was a girl so i fired her then another one came and i fired him so then i hired another one and had a notification saying that he was in the house and i had an assigned bed for him but i cant find him anywhere :x so annoying
  • mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    edited March 2011
    I cant seem to keep a maid or a butler. I hired the butler and he stayed for a few days, refused to sleep in his bed, instead slept in a lawn chaise. Then, he walked off the lot never to return. Well, my lot was getting messy and I hate having to clean so I hired the maid. She walked up to the gate (unlocked btw) and then turned around, got in another car, and left-taking her pay. So I did the reset sim on the butler I had and hired another one...immediately making friends with her as soon as she arrived. As soon as they were friends, she got in a car and drove off-never to be seen again. The next day the maid came thru the gate and then left, taking her pay. So, I canceled the maid service...and just left the gate open. I reset sim on the other butler and rehired the first one. (and yes, all thru this the bed was set right--even got another bed just to be sure) Well, he showed up, did a 180 and left. So, I moved my sim thinking it was a lot bug. I dont like the new house as much but I was curious. (no washing machine) I hired the 2nd butler again. She came in, sat down in a chair, got up, and walked out the gate got in her car and left.

I'm really getting mad.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    edited March 2011
    Surreal wrote:
    Weird. The first butler I had quit - until I saw that you had to have a relationship with him (need to read those pop ups better *g*). Lesson learned. Second butler is fine - he works hard, everything is clean, etc. and he cooks like... ALL the time. As for babysitting, it has started to annoy that he's always in the way when momsim goes to feed or change the baby. In my game, he has a very bizarre sleep pattern, though. Sometimes even in the middle of sleeping, he'll get up, clean something and then go back to bed. Then wake up and make the bed. Then lay down and nap... etc. Kind of funny to watch.

My butler seems to prefer doing his work in the evenings/late night. I often find him in the bedrooms, while my family is sleeping, busy gathering up the laundry. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Babes4everBabes4ever Posts: 5 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Its because you didn't have enough money. You can also move out and back in and rehire one too.
  • thebrianne92thebrianne92 Posts: 23
    edited June 2011
    so one day i just noticed that my butler was gone, im assuming he quit, i think he was there for about a week, so i rehired and this ones fine. how much food they make is really annoying, but whatever. the not having enough money makes sense as for the why he quit, i dont make friends with the help, and its all working fine. i have had problems in the past as having to rehire butlers every week, doing good so far in this fam though..
  • kKl77kkonstakklkKl77kkonstakkl Posts: 5
    edited June 2011
    Hey guys, where's the butler? I can't hire another... What I should do?

LOL :P :roll: :!: :mrgreen: :-o :shock: :?: :(:D :-) :) 8) :wink:
  • kKl77kkonstakklkKl77kkonstakkl Posts: 5
    edited June 2011
    Hey guys, where's the butler? I can't hire another... What I should do?

LOL :P :roll: :!: :mrgreen: :-o :shock: :?: :(:D :-) :) 8) :wink:
    :XD: :thumbup: :thumbdown: :| :hunf: :hunf: :hunf: :hunf: :arrow: :idea: :oops: :wink:;)
  • bottleofsmokebottleofsmoke Posts: 21 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I hope they fix the butler problem. I've moved three times to fix the butler problem. I move and that fixes the problem of the mysteriously absent butler and I can hire a new one, but then the same thing happens. Better to just not have a butler. Why did they bother with all the glitches?
  • Raelynn10Raelynn10 Posts: 11
    edited June 2011
    I have had this happen only once i wasnt his friend then he left but he showed up at my work to take apicture of me (5 star celebrity ;) ) and so i fired himbut then i got a new ******* but this time i ended up making him one of my romantic intrests and i haven't had a problem with him sense.he cooks,cleans,gardens and tskes care of my kid. xD hes awesome
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top