Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Editing Tutorial Compilation ☆Updated: 09/25/2012☆ Request: Eyebrow Drawing

Comments

• pixie30pixie30 Posts: 6,039 Member
    edited October 2010
    thanks Dusty :)

Heres the how to post and resize your pictures tutorial http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/284027.page#3808397
  • crg1999crg1999 Posts: 6,252 New Member
    edited October 2010
    @Pixie- Do you mean draw it or actually like paste it in and stuff? Like this:
    mtp1fp.jpg"width=640"
  • alvernaalverna Posts: 4,244
    edited October 2010
    I have a request: Realsitic Hairs with Adobe ImageReady

I have Image Ready, and there is no smudge tool, no burn tool, and no dodge tool, so life beacomes difficult :roll: And I wonder how to draw realistic hairs there, so please help!
  • pooh90pooh90 Posts: 4,026 Member
    edited October 2010
    alverna wrote:

I have Image Ready, and there is no smudge tool, no burn tool, and no dodge tool, so life beacomes difficult :roll: And I wonder how to draw realistic hairs there, so please help!

Get Gimp!! Much easyer and it has all the stuff
  • DustyDreamerDustyDreamer Posts: 1,569 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Updated tuts and requests. ^^
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited October 2010
    alverna wrote:

ImageReady was discontinued. I did look to see if there was a plugin for it.

As Pooh suggested Gimp, or even paint.net. Both are good options. Ya will need plugins for paint.net however.
  • CeleSeraphymCeleSeraphym Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited October 2010
    I might've overlooked it on the 1st page, but here's Harry's other Photoshop tutorial dealing with background editing:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/158222.page
    vLDcu1q.png
    "If you don't talk to your cat about catnip... who will?"

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    edited October 2010
    I tried installing GIMP once, but it almost crashed my computer, so I'm not a huge fan :roll: And here is a link to download adobe image ready (you also get a free trial for Photoshop CS2 :D): http://www.toggle.com/lv/group/view/kl34537/Adobe_Photoshop_CS2.htm
  • crg1999crg1999 Posts: 6,252 New Member
    edited October 2010
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/285409.page#3821999 That is my new tutorial on how to add in objects/effects (for your Pixie!) The effect tut should be out soon!
  • AzaraRumohraAzaraRumohra Posts: 2,172 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I think this would be counted as editing :P

I request a tutorial on how to make animated gifs (for signatures)
    edited October 2010
    Cele: Ahhh!!! Thank you! I knew I was missing a Harry tut, I just couldnt find it. x.x

crgee: Awesome! Added to the list. Let me know when you have the effects tut up too. ^^ Pixie should be happy! Thank you for doing it. <3

Azara: Of course, added. ^^ Ill look around actually, I think there a tutorial on it, might not be on the sims3 site though. What programs do you have so I can find one that correlates to it?
    edited October 2010
    Corel Paintshop Photo Pro x3 - :XD:

I know how to animate it for windows movie maker + upload to youtube then use 🐸🐸🐸🐸, but the quality is... :!:
  • lilbickiebublilbickiebub Posts: 833 New Member
    edited November 2010
    hi everyone! :wink:

I'm really sorry if this isn't the right place
    to ask these two particular questions.
    But im extremely new to the website and im not sure about quite a few
    things so i thought id ask so i would know!

Other people have pictures of their Sim as their
    And i saw a share option while playing
    so i guess i can upload my Bickie BUT
    it also looks like some of you have
    just pictures of your Sims how did you upload a picture
    of your Sim? i don't see any options for my avatar to use
    a photo although i have plenty of photos of my Sims
    to use if i could do that.

AND also while im here
    my threads about my Sims aren't very popular and
    i think it's because i've noticed
    my pictures of my Sims aren't like all of you
    guys wonderful pictures yours
    look like the Sims are posing
    with plain backgrounds
    mine were just taken during the game
    but i don't know how you guys are doing it :cry:
    the Sims don't pose around for the pictures i just
    pause at a good moment but obviously theres
    another way.

Here is an example of what i mean:

see how Bickie and Maple are kinda staring past the camera?
    Screenshot-843.jpg
    Screenshot-1117.jpg

WELL THIS one she was looking but it was coincedence!
    Screenshot-948.jpg

thanks alot guys for any answers you can give me!
    sorry for being the noob on the thread lols

<3 Bickie
    edited November 2010
    Azara: Kk, I have Corel Painter 9..do you think they consists of some of the same features? I could play round in there and find a way for you if they are almost the same. XP

lilbickiebub: Welcome to the site! And no worries, Im glad you asked.

For the avatar uploads, on the first page of this thread there is the following link:
    Lawertend's How To Get a Custom Image Avatar!
    Go to the thread and read through it and youll have your own images present for your avatar. If there is something you dont understand, feel free to post there or here and Im sure someone will help you out. ^^

As for your sims image. For ingame shots, the best thing i would recommend is having your sims do random everyday things, pause it during the interaction and you may pause it at a moment when they look marvelous.
    There is mod called chaos mod that has alot, if not all of the interactions on que, so that you dont have to wait for your sim to do it, but you can make her do it. For more info on that: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=356513

Next, 'modeling' image are done either with ingame shots, or you can edit the shots. This thread is dedicated to tutorials posted by our lovely users on helping one to understand editing. So feel free to browse through the tutorials, there are many that will help you understand the process of cutting out and putting a different background behind your sim..etc.

And lastly, feel free to ask any questions about anything that you dont understand. Post your work and youll get alot of feedback, this is a very friendly and alive forum and the users are always helping each other out in terms of creating pretty sim images. ^^

Hope this was helpful! ^^
    edited November 2010
    Thanks :]. If it has Animation (under one of the drop lists from the top), I don't have that, went onto the help and it didn't come up in any searches >.<
    edited November 2010
    Thanks :]. If it has Animation (under one of the drop lists from the top), I don't have that, went onto the help and it didn't come up in any searches >.<

I was going through Paint.net and with the plugins I have, it can do animation. I can play around with it if ya like.
    edited November 2010
    Dusty, have you heard from Kitty lately? Beacuse I want scores :P And I'll be away for a while, I go today and I'll be back on the 13th, so if you have heard anything from her you might be able to tell her that ;)
  • mcgranormcgranor Posts: 1,682 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for doing this! I've dented my forehead from banging my head off my computer... dents no more! :lol: I'm going to read the Adobe helper now. Kudos!
    edited November 2010
    Alverna: I havent heard from Kitty, and I cant seem to find the comp thread. Every time I click on the one I bookmarked it says thread no longer available...Im guessing it was deleted. Ill shoot her an email and see if she reponds. ^^

Mcgranor: Lolz, your welcome! Im glad your forehead will be alright! <33
  • KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited November 2010
    does anyone use photofiltre? its free and itd be awesome if someone could make a tutorial... :D
  • miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Could I do a review Dusty? ^-^
    edited November 2010
    Of course! Anyones free to do one anytime. <333

Kaile added your request. ^^
    edited November 2010
    Tutorial: Rexy's Guide To Editing
    Stars: ★★★★★
    Easy to Understand? Yup!
    Easy to Do? Yes!
    Comment: Rexy is really great as explaining things and teaching in a way that makes it easy to understand (Especially for beginners, like me! :mrgreen: ) She also has lots of very helpful tips and hints which are very useful for modeling competitions. =) Thanks Rexy!
    edited November 2010
    I made a tutorial!!! XD

It's about hair texture.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/301201.page
    edited November 2010
    Dusty I'll do the tut for Photofiltre.

I downloaded it and it is very easy to use. I made this with it.

[IMG]http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv101/LadyEmillye/ValointheCity.png "width=640 height=500"[/IMG]