Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 FARMS: With Pets, Seasons, Farms, Ranches, Barns, Zoos, etc.

I still don't understand why this expansion pack isn't out yet, EA.

WHY?!

You would lure in everyone that loved Harvest Moon games, which is like, ALOT of people. And all of the people that love playing those cute little games where you get to breed and raise animals. I miss those games, and I would love them even more if I could have them on my Sims 3.
If you did this, I think over 99% of the human population would die from playing Sims 3 because they would become so caught up in building the most awesome virtual world ever that they would forget to eat. This is the mass murder weapon the world's nations have been looking for for CENTURIES, and you have it! WHY haven't you created this yet?!
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to suggest that you be held responsible for the genocide of the entire populous, but simply making a somewhat realistic, incredibly fitting metaphor for just how freakin awesome this expansion pack would be, if created.

Features of the expansion pack in my opinion should be something along these lines:

- Animal Editors. Bring back the create a dog and create a cat from Sims 2, except make them more realistic looking and with more detailed personalities. A house just isn't home without my animals. Or perhaps make a simple all-species editor within Create A Sim, perhaps something a little spore-like without getting too carried away. Maybe even make it so at some point in the game, maybe you can unlock a machine (in the mad scientist/inventor careers?) where you can create monster chimeras. Admit it. Everyone wants a pet lion moose bear shark.

- Zoos! This would be fantastic for all of those people who play the game to make Simnematics (see what I did there?) and their own story lines/movies for the sims. Plus, building zoos is just fun in general. I know it's very Zoo Tycoon-esque, but what else are you gonna do with all of these new animals? We need a place to safely house, but still display all of those lion moose bear sharks. (You don't know what those things are capable of, man.)

- Sims can own multiple lots. Make it so Sims (with enough simoleons) can own more than one lot. I think alot of people would enjoy this feature because it leaves the opportunity for the creation of vacation homes- a nice cottage in the hills, a log cabin in the mountains, or a bungalo on the beach. With this feature, Sims could own other lots outside of their house and use it to house farms and ranches. This would also be useful if the Simmer didn't have enough room on their main lot to place barns and fields for crops.

- Unique Breeding. This is really why I love games like Harvest Moon and those cute little animal games, because you can (sometimes) create different breeds of cats, dogs, horses, cows, whatever said name animal, and breed them with others to create new, unique breeds. This is literally what would have me die sitting at my computer due to starvation, but a happy, totally not morbid at all death indeed. Deep down inside, I think that's what we all really want.

- Seasons. We love watching it change from spring to summer to autumn to winter. It gives us new opportunities (and excuses) to totally re-decorate the house. This would also widen the horizons for new plant species and growing crops during different times of the year, like a real farm.

- Holidays. Especially since it is getting close to the holidays, everyone loves feeling all cozy at home with their family. This would be great, and also leave many possibilities open if done with the Sims3. Like Christmas. You can forget Santa Claus, cause Llama Claus is comin' to town. That's who the people really want to bring them presents.

I realize this is probably a very unrealistic amount of new features to add within just one Sims 3 expansion pack, but all features that I, and the other 99.999% of the human population would DIE to experience. Literally.

I would also love it if you all would contribute more of your own ideas. I know I can't be the only one that has been eagerly awaiting a Sims 3 Pets Expansion.

Comments

• Options
    miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited November 2010
    It's not out yet because we're only three EP's in, and they haven't gotten to it yet. Be patient. Please. Because there lot's of these threads, :roll:
  • Options
    lowenbajowenlowenbajowen Posts: 61 New Member
    edited November 2010
    It's not out yet because we're only three EP's in, and they haven't gotten to it yet. Be patient. Please. Because there lot's of these threads, :roll:
    Whatevs, Mrs. Rolly Eyes.
    I know there has been talk of Sims 3 Pets, but what about Sims 3 Farms? Or Zoos?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I know there has been talk of Sims 3 Pets, but what about Sims 3 Farms? Or Zoos?

Mrs.rollyeyes?
    :hunf:

Yeah, it's all be said before. A lot.

• Options
    edited November 2010

Mrs.rollyeyes?

Whatevs, Mrs. Special Eyebrow.

If anything, this should just reinstate the fact that, like, this should all happen. Soon. So EA can destroy the human race, with ridiculously awesome video games.
  • Options
    Rakwon09Rakwon09 Posts: 222 New Member
    edited November 2010

WHY?!

You would lure in everyone that loved Harvest Moon games, which is like, ALOT of people. And all of the people that love playing those cute little games where you get to breed and raise animals. I miss those games, and I would love them even more if I could have them on my Sims 3.
    If you did this, I think over 99% of the human population would die from playing Sims 3 because they would become so caught up in building the most awesome virtual world ever that they would forget to eat. This is the mass murder weapon the world's nations have been looking for for CENTURIES, and you have it! WHY haven't you created this yet?!
    Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to suggest that you be held responsible for the genocide of the entire populous, but simply making a somewhat realistic, incredibly fitting metaphor for just how freakin awesome this expansion pack would be, if created.

Features of the expansion pack in my opinion should be something along these lines:

- Animal Editors. Bring back the create a dog and create a cat from Sims 2, except make them more realistic looking and with more detailed personalities. A house just isn't home without my animals. Or perhaps make a simple all-species editor within Create A Sim, perhaps something a little spore-like without getting too carried away. Maybe even make it so at some point in the game, maybe you can unlock a machine (in the mad scientist/inventor careers?) where you can create monster chimeras. Admit it. Everyone wants a pet lion moose bear shark.

- Zoos! This would be fantastic for all of those people who play the game to make Simnematics (see what I did there?) and their own story lines/movies for the sims. Plus, building zoos is just fun in general. I know it's very Zoo Tycoon-esque, but what else are you gonna do with all of these new animals? We need a place to safely house, but still display all of those lion moose bear sharks. (You don't know what those things are capable of, man.)

- Sims can own multiple lots. Make it so Sims (with enough simoleons) can own more than one lot. I think alot of people would enjoy this feature because it leaves the opportunity for the creation of vacation homes- a nice cottage in the hills, a log cabin in the mountains, or a bungalo on the beach. With this feature, Sims could own other lots outside of their house and use it to house farms and ranches. This would also be useful if the Simmer didn't have enough room on their main lot to place barns and fields for crops.

- Unique Breeding. This is really why I love games like Harvest Moon and those cute little animal games, because you can (sometimes) create different breeds of cats, dogs, horses, cows, whatever said name animal, and breed them with others to create new, unique breeds. This is literally what would have me die sitting at my computer due to starvation, but a happy, totally not morbid at all death indeed. Deep down inside, I think that's what we all really want.

- Seasons. We love watching it change from spring to summer to autumn to winter. It gives us new opportunities (and excuses) to totally re-decorate the house. This would also widen the horizons for new plant species and growing crops during different times of the year, like a real farm.

- Holidays. Especially since it is getting close to the holidays, everyone loves feeling all cozy at home with their family. This would be great, and also leave many possibilities open if done with the Sims3. Like Christmas. You can forget Santa Claus, cause Llama Claus is comin' to town. That's who the people really want to bring them presents.

I realize this is probably a very unrealistic amount of new features to add within just one Sims 3 expansion pack, but all features that I, and the other 99.999% of the human population would DIE to experience. Literally.

I would also love it if you all would contribute more of your own ideas. I know I can't be the only one that has been eagerly awaiting a Sims 3 Pets Expansion.

okay i can see we having a pets EP but not a farming EP. Thats like not the sims are about. :roll:
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Mrs.rollyeyes?

Whatevs, Mrs. Special Eyebrow.

If anything, this should just reinstate the fact that, like, this should all happen. Soon. So EA can destroy the human race, with ridiculously awesome video games.

Yeah, cause they would actually pay attention to this.. trust me, they know a lot of people want pets. How could they not, with the obnoxious amounts of threads begging for them?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Rakwon09 wrote:

WHY?!

okay i can see we having a pets EP but not a farming EP. Thats like not the sims are about. :roll:

Sims 3 has expanded into RPG territory with its new expansion packs. Arguing that farming is 'not what the sims about' is obviously flawed logic and will get you about as far as a hammer made out of pancakes.

As I see it, the goal of the Sims 3 (not Sims 1 or 2, Sims 3, their newest addition) is to appeal to all relevant gamer minorities. They already had a Sims Seasons expansion in Sims 2 and gardening, and have expanded on gardening upon releasing Sims 3. To further expand into Farms and animals (which they have with Sims Animals) would be to capture the interests of all the people that loved playing games like Harvest Moon, those generic cute little animal games for the DS and other consoles, Zoo Tycoon, etc. ALOT of people that play Sims also play those games, like me, and would be cocaine-happy to see it merged with the new Sims 3.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited November 2010
    I don't understand why you want to combine two major features plus add another one.

Maybe if we were living in a dream world this expansion pack might work and you know, be great, but we're dealing with video game programmers here not God.

Look at how poorly meshed the features were in Late Night. You do not want this.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    barisaxy wrote:
    I don't understand why you want to combine two major features plus add another one.

Maybe if we were living in a dream world this expansion pack might work and you know, be great, but we're dealing with video game programmers here not God.

Look at how poorly meshed the features were in Late Night. You do not want this.

Sorry, I haven't experienced the fail that apparently is Late Night?
    Regardless, its become apparent that Sims 3 is reaching into new territory and seeking the interest of other gamer minorities. Like every other company, I think EA, if hard pressed, could make a successful expansion like this, and fix Late Night. Although I don't remember Sims 2 really ever having this many problems, they are going into alot of uncharted territory for the Sims 3, so I am okay with them taking their time with it so long as they do eventually, and preferably quickly, get all the kinks and glitches worked out so long as they keep releasing good expansion packs like Late Night and said Farm expansion^.
  • Options
    LolzersLolzers Posts: 819 New Member
    edited November 2010
    They haven't done it yet because if they did it early one, people would be content with just it. However, it's getting towards the middle of the EPs, so if they're gonna do it it'll be soon.
  • Options
    elijahhines10elijahhines10 Posts: 6,433 Member
    edited November 2010
    Seperate Seasons & Pets
    and it would be cool:mrgreen:
    I want Seasons with something other than Pets because I dont want Pets or a Farming EP.
  • Options
    Sandy0038Sandy0038 Posts: 1,430 Member
    edited November 2010
    I want seasons with holidays but not together with pets. however, with pets i would totally love the whole farming experience. it would be great and i hope we will oneday see it.
  • Options
    SebastianwlSebastianwl Posts: 57 New Member
    edited November 2010
    wow people complain so much about Sims 3 taking away the sandbox aspects of the franchise and still demand something like this?!Do you realize how much effort and repetition of tasks it takes to run a farm successfully?
    (also you can already own multiple lots.with the real estate system you can buy public lots in town and with WA you can own multiple vacation homes)
  • Options
    ShaluaShalua Posts: 453 Member
    edited November 2010
    I'd just like to say I love your ideas! <3 Except maybe the zoo thing...I would just rather play zoo tycoon or something if that's the case, because I really can't see how taking your sims to the zoo would be fun. Seems like it would just be a pain.

Anyway, I doubt we'd ever get all this bundled into one EP, but it's worth a shot, right?

Somewhat in response to a couple of the replies on this thread: If you don't want to play with pets, zoo animals, or whatever, then don't. That's what's so nice about the sims. For example in Late Night, on one save I have a vampire - vampires are springing up all over and it's quite fun. My other save I ignored them for a few sim weeks, and now I almost never see them. Another good example is: I don't like the elevators or clubs in LN - so I just don't go. I'm really just using the EP for the "stuff" in it currently, but if I ever feel like playing with vampires/celebrities I can.
    That's the beauty of the sims. You can do what you want, and even the EPs can't force you to do anything in particular.
  • Options
    MysteryJokerMysteryJoker Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited November 2010
    one...two...three...four... yep, that's four separate expansions you want to combine into one. Problem, that would jip alot content out of all four of them. Two, farming takes alot longer than a standard sim 5-8 hour work schedule. Literally, a dusk to evening job. Great idea but just a tedious concept for the sims.
  • Options
    may_nilanmay_nilan Posts: 950 New Member
    edited November 2010
    i would love a farming expansion but i also agree it would be a big expansion pack. You do have to be patient but i hope EA will consider it as i have seen a few other threads suggesting this.
  • Options
    elijahhines10elijahhines10 Posts: 6,433 Member
    edited November 2010
    Shalua wrote:
    I'd just like to say I love your ideas! <3 Except maybe the zoo thing...I would just rather play zoo tycoon or something if that's the case, because I really can't see how taking your sims to the zoo would be fun. Seems like it would just be a pain.

Anyway, I doubt we'd ever get all this bundled into one EP, but it's worth a shot, right?

Somewhat in response to a couple of the replies on this thread: If you don't want to play with pets, zoo animals, or whatever, then don't. That's what's so nice about the sims. For example in Late Night, on one save I have a vampire - vampires are springing up all over and it's quite fun. My other save I ignored them for a few sim weeks, and now I almost never see them. Another good example is: I don't like the elevators or clubs in LN - so I just don't go. I'm really just using the EP for the "stuff" in it currently, but if I ever feel like playing with vampires/celebrities I can.
    That's the beauty of the sims. You can do what you want, and even the EPs can't force you to do anything in particular.

Then why are there a million threads complaining about vampires in their game when thet didnt want them:?:
    This is exactley what will happen when peopl dont want pets or animals, but they get them anyway.
    So how about we let people have their Pets/Animals/Farming EP, but keep Seasons out of it, and let Seasons be with Magic, University, or Freetime, on its own, or something completley new.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited November 2010
    Or how about we let Seasons be the one on its own this time since it is an idea that requires a lot of detail...
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited November 2010
    They will NOT combine features that seem like they should be in different EP's.

That's simple business, folks.

But I can't wait to see snow falling ouside of penthouse windows, while people walk their dogs along a white path of snow! :D!
  • Options
    Tory39022Tory39022 Posts: 55 Member
    edited November 2010
    why couldnt the sims be about that? i mean we have city life but what about rural life? not everyone lives in the city or suburbs. I ride horses and ik a lot of other people do and a lot of people work with animals, i think i farm/ranch ep would be awesome. i mean, sims is about creating ur dream world basically and doing w/e u want. well for a lot of people thats whatthey like and what there dream world is.
    Rakwon09 wrote:

WHY?!

• Options
    saraahsidsaraahsid Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    YESSS Animals,weather I hate the EPs out now...
  • Options
    lwallace29lwallace29 Posts: 13
    edited November 2010
    I like these ideas.

WHY?!

• Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I'm sorry, but a pack like this just would not work. Each feature as a seperate pack? Quite possibly. But all together? No, it just wouldn't work, and it won't happen.

Pets, weather AND farming all in the same expansion pack? You honestly think that the developers would be able to give each of these themes justice? They wouldn't. The developers have already proved that they cannot juggle multiple themes very well. I'd hate to think of what we'd get if the developers added all these themes in the same pack.

If this were to happen, I can bet that none of these features would be as in-depth as you'd like. Most likely, weather would be purely for decoration. No snowball fights, no Seasons. Just effects. Pets, well we'd probably only have the choice of a cat or dog, and they'd most likely suffer the same fate as infants. Most likely becoming more like objects. Needing fed, and played with. Nothing else. Farming? Well, that would most likely end up the main focus of the pack, and well it would probably suffer the same fate as all the other objective styled gameplay features, repetitive and boring.

I can assure you, that if the developers were to make a pack like this, almost half of your ideas would not be included. Sad, but very true.

However, I think your ideas would work if each theme/feature was it's own seperate pack. That way, each feature would be given the attention it deserved. And would not end up as shallow.

Though I wouldn't be a fan of farming. I can't see it being integrated well, it would either be far too quest driven and unrealistic. Or highly repetitive and boring. I mean, farming is a 24 hour job. And I highly doubt the developers would include horses or the like in such a pack. Animals like that are simply too difficult implement and program into the game. You may have to stick to Harvest Moon for that one, or perhaps hope for a standalone sim game based around such a theme.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Double post.
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited November 2010
    doodlesam wrote:

Though I wouldn't be fan of farming. I can't see it being integrated well, it would either be far too quest driven and unrealistic. Or highly repetitive and boring. I mean, farming is a 24 hour job..

This x10.
    If nightclubs, city life and dancing/drinking/partying, fighting fires, catching ghosts, going on explorations in Egypt or Paris become repetitive and boring after awhile, just iamgine how milking a cow or feeding chickens would become.
    *shudder*