Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night Bugs - Compiled List in first two posts

Comments

• kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited November 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    @DietFuzz:

@kimjo313: If the pic is gone, how is she still listed as living there ? In the pic in the beginning ? Do you have 9 people in that ? Did you never have any mods or did you just take them out ? Do you have a pic ?

Also could you explain to me what 'on doosey with' means ? I'm unfamiliar with that term :)

Yes she is still in the family loading pic and still playable in the house! Yes there are 9 people in the loading pic.By playable I mean that you can not ask her to leave, you can interract with her but can not contral her functions. ALMOST LIKE A BUTLER, BUT NOT A BUTLER/
    I have never had any mods/cc/patterns. And since the doll scare I have done a clean install and do not download from the exchange.I only use store items and sp/ep.

I have had a few of the bugs from your list, the carss all over and filling inventories, the elevators, the stuttering. Nothing that had made playing unavailable, just annoying.So I was surprised at this bug? And the whole yadult/ teen thing? Oh no, not in my game!!!
    Doosey....just means a really big one!! A whopper!!!

Thank you
    crinrict

kim :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited November 2010
    There was someone else who had their Sim replaced with a butler (after showering). I think there is a thread to that somewhere (maybe I linked it). Maybe it's the same issue although yours does sound a little different.

Could you try one more thing for me: Try cycling through your sims with the space key. Does it cycle to the missing Sim ?

Have to leave now. Talk to you guys Sunday.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited November 2010
    My Baby Sitter is MIA. I call the baby sitter every day and they never show up and take care of the baby. The baby just plays in the house by itself all day or goes down into the lobby and cries. Also there appears to be a pathing issue with toddlers, when a parent or caregiver goes to feed, put down, or teach a toddler even though more than enough space is available in the apartment they go all the way down into the lobby to do those things.

I have also noticed that if an npc and pc have selected an item to use sometimes it bugs the item rendering it unusable.
  • SgloomiSgloomi Posts: 280 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Just to point out, since the info doesn't appear on the front pages, you can buy and place an Electric Guitar on Community Lots. You have to do it in BuyDebug, tho, and it has to be the one that comes with Night Life.
  • StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hi crinrict, thank you for all your effort and work with listening to all of us. I sincerely hope EA appreciate it and take a serious look here when they make a patch. And congrats on reaching 100 pages and given hope to all of us :)

After playing more in LN i just want to sum up some of the problems that keep making it hard to play LN.
    (- I hope i remember them all, but i have posted some long explanations about elevators, empty clubs and time laps earlier. Im sure most of this is know issues, I just want to empathize that these problems also happens to us Mac users and hope EA will make it easier for us to get patches... and fix our problems as well. Im on a new MacBook, have all EP and SP, no Mods a few CC, and a lot of store content.)

(Sorry for repeating already known issues)

-I still have problems with:

-Time laps
    -Elevators
    -Empty clubs
    -Cant place hot tubs (not even with chests "moveojects on" (But i cant get the other cheat to work "RBBBB on" /"restictbuildbuyinbuildings on" - I dont get a "not a know cheat i just still cant place tups on balconies)
    -Phone rings a lot and my sim usually answer them to late (due to time laps i guess)

Some other things i haven't mentioned before (but you properly know of):

- I tried a new sim and then the elevators to the clubs didnt even get the staff in the club. Everybody just gathered in the lobby, guests and staff. They would all stay until the clubs closing time. - Puking and peeing them self, starving and complaining. (I already lost a pre-made celeb sim rom the hills to starvation waiting for a elevator to go to my sims party.)
    - I have a few different sims in different bands, they never get any gigs.
    - When my sims buy penthouses with private balconies, sometimes they cant even place furnitures there without cheats.
    - I sim moved in to a apartment, but it was a garage with a little garden, pretty cool cause he dont need to use to elevators and other sims will pass by and hang out in the little garden. But im not allowed to change anything out there, whit or with out cheats. So no tub or moving tiles so he can garden. But i can place furnitures... Is this suppose to be like this?
    - When my sims get invited to parties they are really boring. Even when my sim go when they get the little notification, they are late, and the other (few) guests leave. My sim can stay until 3,4,5, in the morning before they get kicked out, but the host is usually tired and hungry.
    - When my sims trow a party the guests are late and the "invite everyone inside" usually dont show, so they will start leaving before they actually get inside. (this is also from before LN).

(I would suggest that a patch completely chance the possibilities for parties. So your sim can click on a part of the lot they trow the party at, where there guests will gather, instead of they are spread around in halls and outside areas. this way its up to your sim to have it on the balcony, the living room, the garden, around the pool or where ever you sim like to have it, so the guests aren't spread all over the lot. And make it possible to invite them to eat, - or is it a glitch in my game i cant invite guest to eat? Or call them to get a drink - Without having to bring it to them since it always takes to long. Something to make parties worth trowing.)

The strangest thing i have experiences so far is related to my sim Jackson Wildchild. I "left him" for a while playing a few other new sims to check out how they did in Bridgeport. When i shortly payed him a visit, a Pre-made sim had moved in in his penthouse (taking over the butlers bed). This was and elder sim, and his name was Jamal Wildchild! - So he had the same last name as my sim, as if he where a uncle taking advance of my sims fame and fortune! I checked both there family trees and they where not related, but it was kind of wired having him there all the suddenly. Where did he come from and how did he get my sims last name?? :) Does anyone know if this a LN feature that distance family can appear?! Has anyone else tried this???
    Well i kicked him out, he was a slob and pretty annoying. But it was kind of fun and strange that he was there :)

Im not sure i remembered all, but i think these are my biggest issues. I really hope a patch is on the way so it will be more fun playing again.

• marianna88813marianna88813 Posts: 63 Member
    edited November 2010
    Don`t know if it is only my game, but it seems to be getting worst. It all started with sims going invisible ,then they start to teleport back home constantly. Couple of days later game started to crash. I removed fire station and and all my cc and mods. It didn`t help. After that my sim got stuck in bed and cheat Reset sim didn`t help at all. So I started new game and today something weird happened. That board where you can control your sim or change to shopping/build mode ( sry, don`t know how is it called, my english is not that good) has disapeared. I couldn`t restart my laptop so I had to take battery out.
    My game is behaving as some kind of virus. Just to say I didn`t have any problems with game exept it crash few times after I installed WA. Has anybody got similar problem or is it my laptop that is going crazy?! I check it out, but I don`t have any viruses, laptop is working great until I click on Sims 3 icon.

PS: `I am looking forward what will happen next.` Can`t think of anything worst.
    Do I need to reinstal the game?
  • fishbulbfishbulb Posts: 64 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I'm not sure if this is a bug, or maybe part of the Evil career? My sim's carpool no longer shows up for him, ever. If I check his employment box, it shows that he's missing work, and I can send him to work that way. It's just kind of annoying to not have the car pool.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already. And again, thank you so much for all the hard work!
  • DietFuzzDietFuzz Posts: 11 New Member
    edited November 2010
    That might be due to the bug that resets ages when toddlers use dresser or mirror. It's on the list.

But it's a baby, they can't use the mirror anyways. I was so busy trying to keep three babies happy that I have no idea when it happened or what caused it. For all I know she could have been 2 days older from the beginning.
  • playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hey OP, about the glitch where the time freezes- if you check the thread "Bug Analysis: Time Gets Stuck at 7.59 while Sim life goes on" (you have a link to it on your very first post), gothbunnie said she only had that problem with pre-LN games. This may mean that simmers have to start with a fresh game to avoid this problem. I dunno yet, but I'll test and report back.

hey crinrict, I know you won't be back until Sunday, but I did finish my tests, and guess what? It didn't work. I still got the clock-freezing bug even in the brand new SV I started. So, whether or not someone's game is older than LN or not doesn't seem to matter. :/
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited November 2010
    crinrict wrote:
    There was someone else who had their Sim replaced with a butler (after showering). I think there is a thread to that somewhere (maybe I linked it). Maybe it's the same issue although yours does sound a little different.

Could you try one more thing for me: Try cycling through your sims with the space key. Does it cycle to the missing Sim ?

Have to leave now. Talk to you guys Sunday.

Oh I am sorry crinrict, I went to edit town and removed the Young adult (he was an Inkbeard family member) and split the family, removing him and sending him back to his family. When I did this the mom was in the family side of the split family! Really weird??? After editing, I went back to the family and all 8 original members are there and playable. The mom aged into an elder (yes she was due for that to happen) and she acheived her liftime goal of 5 kids raised to adult and received her award points! They are all playing well with no further problems?Although the teen is still listing the young adult as her boyfriend.

I did read where someone had their female turn into a male after the shower (the butler). This family did not have a butler. Just maid service.

Enjoy your weekend

kim :D
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Nick3890Nick3890 Posts: 14
    edited November 2010
    I think I am giving up on sims...I am getting so frustrated! MY LN keeps crashing in buy mode...for awhile it crashed then I learned to open the launcher mode once the game loaded and then tonight my game starts crashing again! HELP SOMEONE!
  • sam_tgosam_tgo Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    Hi guys there is more, there i car standing in front of my penthouse and it wont leave, I serenaded the Sims fiance and the piano becomes unresponsive, in the band option, my sim wont call the band members. and i am still getting the other bugs mentioned here
  • Jaghar7Jaghar7 Posts: 3,314 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Ok sorry but I'm not reading through 100 pages or assuming someone has posted. I've had a few interesting bugs today.

1: A crash problem related to normally deleting a buggy wall which turns invisible for some reason.

2: Buggy basement ceiling tiles sticking up through the ground. Seems related to changed in ground elevation.

3: Removing fountain sections placed in foundation leaves a floor tile but no actual foundation which is a real nuissance.

4: Just switched back to a large family of 8 and suddenly everyone's hygiene and energy appears stuck on max? Convient one I thought was interesting.

5: I've a married couple who are together in a band. Whenever the wife is in the same room he gets a 40+ Enjoying Music moodlet regardless of whether she's playing or not. I think this was somehow related to a jam session. Needless to say, they can't sleep in the same room together cause the wife apparently makes too much noise.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited November 2010
    Sims your not playing are peeing on themselves and dying from hunger even thou there is food in the bars. Sims are losing their jobs because they won't go to work. Why are the needs taking a hit? This needs fixing.

Also it takes too long for sims to do what you tell them to do. :(

I don't have any mods or cc. These are bugs.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited November 2010
    OK... another thing:
    pre-made NPCs in Bridgeport (even the muscular bouncers) always become thin-skinny after changing clothes and stay that way...
    it's really annoying! I have to use a mod to keep them the same way... :?
  • DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited November 2010
    I have been encountering a bug..

I don't like bridgeport so I've been playing sunset valley since installing LN

My sims have issues going to school. The sims get stuck in front of the door. Like 10 or 20 sims just stand in front of the door and stomp and yell.

Eventually they give up..

Maybe I have too many child sims in my neighborhood??
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • AgnusDeiAgnusDei Posts: 3
    edited November 2010
    Hi guys, first sorry my bad English, but i m sure understand eachother.

City: Bridgeport
    Job: Inventor (job level 9, skill level 10) Ultimate invention chain quest, all chain ok, i have life core, but i m not create simbot, because this option not appears workbeanch. This is a bug or somthing?
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited November 2010
    chenmn123 wrote:
    OK... another thing:
    pre-made NPCs in Bridgeport (even the muscular bouncers) always become thin-skinny after changing clothes and stay that way...
    it's really annoying! I have to use a mod to keep them the same way... :?
    note: it happens to Barnacle Bay sims too... :roll:
  • RequiemforasimRequiemforasim Posts: 311 Member
    edited November 2010
    My vampire (Belisama Hemlock) had a guitar in her inventory, but when she serenaded another Sim at a party, she wasn't able to put the guitar back into her inventory. It is stuck at the party site. She also has a bass stuck in her inventory now, with no interactions available.

Edit: I do not have the spotlight trait, as well.
  • mackenziemills1mackenziemills1 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited November 2010
    My problem is sims not aging. Not with b-day cakes or cheats
  • mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited November 2010
    1. This bug may not be exclusive to Late Night:

Problem: If your playing a instrument from your backpack while on vacation, if your actively playing when the vacation ends at midnight this instrument often times disappears from your backpack permanently.

Workaround: Don't be trying to gain that last instrument point at midnight and stop playing before your vacation ends.

2. Late Night / Ambitions Bug

Problem: While playing the Firefighter Profession, my Sim was called to an apartment fire. When he arrived after braving the sun as a vampire to put out the window fires he went inside to rescue trapped Sims and extinguish what fire was left. Unfortunately the elevator was jammed because an Sim had apparently fell down the shaft. The Sim who was trapped must have it's que stuck trying to enter the elevator because after two hours of waiting the elevator never came down.

Note: With fires you would think skyscrapers and apartment buildings would have emergency stairwells. Love Late Night so far though, even with the bugs.
  • xm0n1c4xxm0n1c4x Posts: 8 New Member
    edited November 2010
    i read the first two posts and didn't see this there.
    i don't have mods or cc. i'm not sure if this is by design or an actual bug, but my butler is constantly making group meals.
    not one after the other, but every few hours he'll go make another one.
    this is costing me simoleons and really, my sims just don't need a fridge FILLED with food that will go bad soon anyway because my sims aren't hungry 24/7 :(
  • TereaTerea Posts: 14
    edited November 2010
    Okay just realized that my sim who never gets tired, also never loses hygiene. So energy and hygiene never go down.

Also, same sim has Sloppy Jalopy as an acquaintance, so I guess he's getting to know his car now on a more personal level.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited November 2010
    Checked the first page of this great thread, but didn't find my issue.

In my Sunset Valley there is an elderly sim who played the guitar for ages and learned many songs.

After installing LN she still plays the guitar well (skills level 7), but in her music skill tab there are no longer any songs listed. When I click on the guitar and choose "perform song" i get a pie with 4 alternative titles, all blanked out (no text). I chose one random, and she played a song. I had trouble having her form a band, so I think it is caused by the LN install messing up some of her skills/qualities. I can live with it, just wanted to let you know...

Edit: I had her buy some notes (those songs she already learned but that are no longer listed, she can not buy). After learning one song, it got listed, and she was able to form a new band! yay! Not sure if it had anything to do with learning one song, though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited November 2010
    I hate how when the lights are not on my stupid sims think they are in the dark and get that moodlet. The house is clearly lit with very open windows with sunlight shining through. This didn't happen until LN came about. Also please fix the glitch where my sim will be alllllll the way outside in the backyard and she turns on the tv upstairs from outside. You're not watching tv from way over there you stupid sim!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top