Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAW is not popular, according to a recent poll in Snooty Sims.

2...Next

Comments

• IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited November 2010
    It's rather hard to make a Good world, the Caw tool can be a pain in the *bleep* to get a hang on so many things are such a puzzle. putting down bridges and so on, and i'm no smart person so i really can't depend on the XYZ kind of counting to turn my items around or move them up or down, other then that you need to know how to sculpt good or put in a google map (i never tried my husband did though but even he hated the tool for what it is saying it's just a clumsy thing XD ) get the hang of the terrain painting (wich isn't always as easy either) know how to make water spots and so on and so on...

I do think it's a great tool and i love it waaay more then the one in Sims 2 since now i can actually say where i wonna get a mountain a forest and so on make it more MY style, but it is just way to complicated atm, and i do see why people get scared away from it
  • MomSonSimFunMomSonSimFun Posts: 486 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Oddly enough, it's like my favorite part of the game! I just love the idea of creating the world of your dreams, even if it doesn't always turn out. :P But yeah, it takes ALOT of patience and time.
  • agentcloneagentclone Posts: 15 Member
    edited November 2010
    Yes I wouldn't call it user friendly. I would imagine if those people really wanted to use the program then they would slowly build up their skills in it. But there are probably a lot of people like for whom its sort of I'll 'play' with it occasionally or feel that its not worth the time and effort. Though they do appreciate what other users put in to their worlds.
    Admittedly I'm a bit more IT savvy than the usual user and can find my way around a number of programs and I sort of know how to search the net for things so my perspective may be a bit blurred...
  • ahnnajadeahnnajade Posts: 231 Member
    edited November 2010
    The program is pretty intimidating(cough frustrating) when you first pop it open. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but I've some vague experience in delving deep into the dark and tangled back programs required for altering the games I love and I messed with it a bit and turned it off pretty quick and forgot about it. This is in part because I run a mac and CAW requires me booting up in windows but whatever, I also couldn't figure out why my roads looked so silly and couldn't delete them for some bizarre reason (later come to realize FN+delete works for some reason when delete doesnt in bootcamp. oooki doki), but most people don't have the well lets face it attention span to go and figure those things out unless theyre in a particularly adventurous mood that day. I didn't. I forgot about it until something pressed me to learn it.
    The only thing thats made me buckle down and learn anything worth while about the program is an OCD with the current provided neighborhoods and a want to have it just a certain way and incapable of finding it. Now that I've figured out how to make roads and such (and beyond thankfully xD ) the program is a lot of fun! but that of course was adding in the motive of my having issues and being a perfectionist about things like my sims neighborhood while I have yet to, say, organize my new aquarium supplies from a month ago...
    Also i ramble on the internet a lot.