Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So now you got the keystone.....

I have run into a small problem, my adventurer Sim who has been extending his life with ambrosia, has hit a snag. He has finally found the keystone, the only problem is that the person in china that he is supposed to take it to is dead.... The quest seems forever bugged for this sim. Is there a way to work around it? Cause right now the quest appears so you found the keystone, report to so and so in china, and when I go to china, I can't turn it in.

Comments

• AlexurtAlexurt Posts: 3,807 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Hey there,

I would have to say if it was a while since your Sim visited China to complete the opportunity while you were playing, perhaps the person has died.

My only suggestion would be to cancel out the opportunity (right click)and then go back to your base camp and "Look for Opportunities" again. As long as your sim has not fully completed an opportunity quest, it will always eventually come back to be completed. (So in other words you will not lose your progress)

You can continue to cancel the opportunity until the same one you are stumped on appears again and perhaps the name of the person to turn the keystone in to will not be dead. (As it will probably be someone else)

I hope this helps you out :D
  • IstongoIstongo Posts: 626 Member
    edited November 2010
    Very good informative workaround! Thank you Alexurt and mofurs. By reading these above surely will be useful in my coming gameplay 8)

I am very happy today to see you again on here! Yeah~
  • mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited November 2010
    That's what I have tried, but when the quest reappears it tells me to go to china and never progresses from there even though I am at China. Have even manually sought out the person I'm supposed to talk to and there is no speech option to progress the quests/adventure.
  • AlexurtAlexurt Posts: 3,807 New Member
    edited November 2010
    mofurs wrote:
    That's what I have tried, but when the quest reappears it tells me to go to china and never progresses from there even though I am at China. Have even manually sought out the person I'm supposed to talk to and there is no speech option to progress the quests/adventure.

Have you tried to reset you sim? Perhaps this is a bug in the quest since the original person has died? When you get the opportunity back again, has the person you need to speak to changed names?
  • SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited November 2010
    mofurs wrote:
    ...but when the quest reappears it tells me to go to china...
    Good, that means the adventure should work. All you need to do now is go home, wait a couple days, then go back to China.