Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ebony & Ivory (A genetics challenge)

Comments

• OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited November 2010
    I am definitely going to have to find a new world. Although I like Bridgeport it's just not a family town. Does anyone know of any good towns with a downtown and some farm land
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited November 2010
    octojenn wrote:
    I am definitely going to have to find a new world. Although I like Bridgeport it's just not a family town. Does anyone know of any good towns with a downtown and some farm land

No, sorry. I've been looking for one to, if you find one let me know. :?
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited November 2010
    @Octojenn you are welcome. I hope you like it.
    I agree with you and Heckstress. I like Bridgeport but it is a single sim town. lol
    I know I removed alot of lots and tried to make it more family friendly but it didn't work.

I did find this link that shows creators who are making new world. Maybe some have started on a new Bridgeport. I am getting ready to go an look through it now.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/279596.page
    I found this one in the exchange. It doesn't seem to be to big or to small.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3339926

edit
    Just uploaded prophecy by The Kidds and I just moved Ebony and Ivory into a nice house. I didn't get a chance to play but tomorrow I will give it a go and let you guys know how it works.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    ]
    edited November 2010
    @Octojenn you are welcome. I hope you like it.
    I agree with you and Heckstress. I like Bridgeport but it is a single sim town. lol
    I know I removed alot of lots and tried to make it more family friendly but it didn't work.

I did find this link that shows creators who are making new world. Maybe some have started on a new Bridgeport. I am getting ready to go an look through it now.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/279596.page
    I found this one in the exchange. It doesn't seem to be to big or to small.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3339926

edit
    Just uploaded prophecy by The Kidds and I just moved Ebony and Ivory into a nice house. I didn't get a chance to play but tomorrow I will give it a go and let you guys know how it works.

Oh lol Amadazulsim I downloaded that world too :) I guess great minds think alike. I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet as I was also looking for some lots to place in Bridgeport to try and see if that would work. I think the problem also is the subway commuting. Right now I have the Taylor's right outside the city of Bridgeport where that subway station is. There was a small house there so I bulldozed it and put a larger home up from TSR. I am going to try that first as a last resort before I completely give up on Bridgeport.

The new house :mrgreen:
    Screenshot2-1.jpg?t=1289150870"width=600"
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited November 2010
    I can't use the world because I don't have all the EP's. =( I'm trying really hard to find a new LN family friendly town but I'm having no luck.

I like the new house octojenn.
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    edited November 2010
    @Octojenn lol about choosing the same world. Great minds do think alike. lol The new house looks really nice.

@Heckstress17 I am sorry you can't find a new LN family friendly town. I was getting ready to search for more worlds so I will definitely be on the lookout for you.
    ]
    edited November 2010
    Thanks guys I really like the house. Its partially furnished so I was fun to decorate. Which EPs are ya missing Heckstress17 so I can try and spot a world for ya
  • MaulRat17MaulRat17 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Oh that house is beautiful Octojenn! Do you have the link for it cause I might want to use that for another family I'm working on. I love Tudor style homes. :)

Also I have a question. I think you guys agreed that if an heir has "caramel" skin, we can choose either version for their mate? Ebony and Ivory had a daughter over the weekend named Kelly, but I'm not sure if her skin tone qualifies as "caramel." She's darker than Zak and Scully's daughter, but that's not saying much since they're both white.

All my game pics are at home but I started a Family Echo tree with Kelly's picture. http://www.familyecho.com/?p=START&c=15ctu1b7kqo&f=563997733984542374

What do you guys think? Should I use Devon or should I use Wayne as her future mate?
    edited November 2010
    MaulRat17 wrote:
    Oh that house is beautiful Octojenn! Do you have the link for it cause I might want to use that for another family I'm working on. I love Tudor style homes. :)

Also I have a question. I think you guys agreed that if an heir has "caramel" skin, we can choose either version for their mate? Ebony and Ivory had a daughter over the weekend named Kelly, but I'm not sure if her skin tone qualifies as "caramel." She's darker than Zak and Scully's daughter, but that's not saying much since they're both white.

All my game pics are at home but I started a Family Echo tree with Kelly's picture. http://www.familyecho.com/?p=START&c=15ctu1b7kqo&f=563997733984542374

What do you guys think? Should I use Devon or should I use Wayne as her future mate?

She is the "in-between" skin tone that I was talking about. So she can marry a white or black male sim or even a sim the same skin tone as her :)I will go find the link from TSR and post it here for ya
    edited November 2010
    edited November 2010
    Octojenn Congrats on your 1000 post. :)

@Maulrat I am going to say Devon. LOL Not because I made him. Okay yeah because I made him. lol
    I think either way you go you will have nice sims. :)

Hey there is a creator on the exchange that also makes some cool houses. Here is a link to his thread.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/290186.page
    I think I will upload a couple of them. I think they are cc free too.
    Hopefully I will get a chance to play tomorrow.
    ]
    edited November 2010
    @Amadazulsim- I just checked out that thread... the lots are gorgeous. And the OP said he doesn't use CC in his lots so download away lol I might use some of the lots and redo Bridgport completely :D thanks for the link. Im off to play!
    edited November 2010
    @Octojenn I had to bookmark his page because his houses are so good. You are welcome for the link. :) I know we are all in search of nice looking houses. I just don't have the patience to build any. lol
    ]
    edited November 2010
    Just downloaded the chocolate mint home and i love it
    edited November 2010
    @Octojenn I downloaded that house too. lol
    It made my game crash to desktop though.
    :(
    I am not sure why but I will try and figure it out.
    ]
    edited November 2010
    Aw man I hope you get it figure out. So far I haven't had any issues from it.
    edited November 2010
    Hi all,
    I just found a new world that is an alternative to Bridgepert. It is called BayCity by Docsprock.
    Here is the link to the thread.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/296233.page
    I wasn't sure what Ep's you had Heckstress17 but when I come across more I will post them.
    ]
    edited November 2010
    Looks like a decent world :) might have to check it out :)
    edited November 2010
    Just updated the pic thread. And BayCity is pretty nice so far. My family is there now :)
    edited November 2010
    I didn't get a chance to download Baycity yet. I was fixing up twinbrooks but I have grown tired of doing that. lol
    I guess I will download it next time I play. Please let me know what you think of it.
    ]
    edited November 2010
    The world is a nice mix of homes and apartments but it is missing a few community lots. Which are hard to add because of the "mountain-like" terrain. SO I would advise against it. There is no hospital or city hall or military base. I managed to put the military base in the town. Maybe you will have better luck...right now I am looking for a new world. I am taking a few days away from playing to "test drive" a new world :) I will post some here for anyone who wants a new world.
    edited November 2010
    This is a pretty decent world so far... There is a good mix of city life and quiet residential communities

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3388856#
    edited November 2010
    I eventually installed Bay City and I didn't like it. I have been spending so much time trying to find the right world and testing it out that my play time has been neglected.
    I start off playing and then I find something wrong with the town and I try to fix it. lol
    I guess we both will be looking for new worlds to share with each other. :)
    I really like Volcano cove but I don't have fast lane yet.
    I did do a small update in the pic thread.
    ]
    edited November 2010
    I eventually installed Bay City and I didn't like it. I have been spending so much time trying to find the right world and testing it out that my play time has been neglected.
    I start off playing and then I find something wrong with the town and I try to fix it. lol
    I guess we both will be looking for new worlds to share with each other. :)
    I really like Volcano cove but I don't have fast lane yet.
    I did do a small update in the pic thread.

Oh neither do I. I dunno if the creator had a typo or what. But when I did the whole uninstall reinstall of my sims games I couldn't do Fast lane because it was digital copy. So sadly I don't have that game. You also don't need Riverview. Have you tried installing it?
    edited November 2010
    @Octojenn I haven't tried installing it yet but I am getting ready to try. This search for the perfect town is hard. I will let you know how it goes.
    ]