Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share WINNERS' CIRCLE: Find out results and discuss the entries here!

Comments

• mgolden27mgolden27 Posts: 369 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Congrats new winners! Great entries!
  • have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    edited November 2010
    WoW! You all did such a great job! Oh, and that includes the judges!

:D

• TotaTota Posts: 1,385 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hey guys! I know there are still no results for Intermediate/Advanced for the week 64/64 Challenge (He's a little Bit Country...). I'm waiting for Adler to update his media link on that one.

Hey, I have already judged that one :shock:
    Of Kings and Castles
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for the lovely comments Kittkat! Appreciate it! :mrgreen: It is a pity that there were no contestant for the advanced group. It would have been more fun if we had some more entries for this category. :-)
  • bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited November 2010
    I'll just practice practice practice to get up to your level then - wait, I'm not sure that's possible!! LOL
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • LewisJ12LewisJ12 Posts: 263 New Member
    edited November 2010
    :O haven't seen this thread until now!

Thankyou so much! I cant believe I actually came first :S

Well thanks guys, and congrats to all who participated, some great builds came out of the halloween challenge :D
  • ciaracaffciaracaff Posts: 815 Member
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for the results Kittkat for week 66/67

...congrats Tamlyn :) great entries!
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited November 2010
    Tota wrote:
    Hey guys! I know there are still no results for Intermediate/Advanced for the week 64/64 Challenge (He's a little Bit Country...). I'm waiting for Adler to update his media link on that one.

Hey, I have already judged that one :shock:

Hooray! The results must have slipped through the cracks when we lost all the threads a few weeks ago. Thanks for letting me know.
  • ScoiattoloScoiattolo Posts: 932
    edited November 2010
    Results #72- 73 • Creatures of the Night: Intermediate-Advanced

There was only one entry in this category, but fortunately, it’s a stunner! And the winner is:

kimjo313
    Link to the posted asset: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3314480
    Link to media: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=272696
    Comments: For someone who says, “Modern is not my thing,” you certainly showed a deft hand at creating a thoroughly modern house. The layout works well, and you made good use of the new Late Night items and décor items in general. Three colors seem like a lot to work with, but it can actually be monotonous. You, however, created endless variety by mixing up textures (wood, stone, metal, etc.) and pattern. Each room is attractive and unique, yet related to the rest of the house. I think even non-vampires will love this house!
    Suggestions: I don’t know a lot about vampires, but I’m wondering if some parking might have been nice—at least for their guests. Also, where you located your house is isolated and rather private, but for most locations, I think the clients might like a privacy fence or a hedge of some sort. And finally, it might have been nice to provide a small bathroom for the guest bedroom on the third floor. I know, the guest(s) can always go down one flight and use the bathroom there, but it’s just a thought. Overall, you did a fantastic job!
  • JaylfJaylf Posts: 285 Member
    edited November 2010
    Scoiattolo is judging I/A now!!! Yay! I can't wait until I have my game fixed and I can enter BNS challenges again. Wasn't really interested in Wizard of Oz or Halloween challenges. Now my game is not working and I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times with no success getting rid of Error at Startup.
    edited November 2010
    Jaylf wrote:
    Scoiattolo is judging I/A now!!!

Yep, I've been "upgraded". I'm working on the Halloween challenge for the I/A category. (I seem to be doing things in reverse order!) Hope you get your game working again, Jaylf. I look forward to seeing your entries again. :D
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited November 2010
    Scoiattolo

Thank you for judging. I know this is a time consuming project and once again thank you. I truly did go out of my comfort zone. Thank you for the feed back. Who knows, maybe I will try a modern design again someday!

kim :D
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• FreynasFreynas Posts: 1,289 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Welcome to our newest judges, Princess Natasha and Jess328 !

Our official judges now are:

Beginner - Jess328
    Beginner - Intermediate - Princess Natasha
    Intermediate - tristarin
    Intermediate - Advanced - Scoiattolo
    Advanced - KitKat

Our backup judges are Robb, Robodl95 and denisimms.

Thank you all for your hard work. :thumbup:

Freynas
    edited November 2010
    Results #70- 71 • Halloween Showcase! Intermediate-Advanced

Three creepy builds, three great builders! Do I really have to pick one? Okay, then, but only by a micron:

First Place

Kimjo313

Link to the posted asset: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3074435
    Link to media: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/261140.page
    Comments: There are so many great details in your Haunted House on the Hill. The architecture of the house itself is appropriately Gothic and very vertical! I love the roofline. The landscaping, especially placing the house on top of a steep hill, helps to create a creepy atmosphere. And the interior of the house is perfect. You use color, texture and pattern to create a smothering, slightly oppressive and very creepy inside. I love the ghost (mirror) in the window and the skeleton poking out of the wall. Congratulations on being featured!
    Suggestions: I wonder if using stone, rather than shingles, would have worked even better for the exterior skin. Stone seems more Gothic. And a few shots of the house at night might have been nice, too!

Comments:

Adler900
    Link to the posted asset: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3226063
    Link to media: http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/ae226/adler900/happy%20halloween/
    Comments: Again, so many great, creepy details in The Screametary: the wrecked graves, the submerged boat with the skeleton in it, the funny ghosts floating in the air above the boneyards, and the unforgettable cast of characters (innocent victims, witch and slaves)! I also loved the repurposing of décor items, like the fire pit as witch’s cauldron and the traffic cones as witch’s hats. You used MOO expertly to create the landscape, and the interior of the main house was strangely unsettling in its emptiness.
    Suggestions: Not much to suggest, really. I kind of wished the abandoned tunnel had led to something surprising.

ShadesOfNormal
    Link to the posted asset: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3272058
    Link to media: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=269910
    Comments: A Classic Haunting is indeed a classic haunted house with its central tower and steeply pitched roofs. The interiors as well as landscaping are suitably creepy, too. Congratulations on being featured! But the star of the show is the ghostly guide, who with ghoulish humor takes us on a tour of the house. I loved the special effects evident in your great screenshots.
    Suggestions: Although screenshots taken at night are appropriate for a haunted house, I would have liked to see a few shots with better lighting. It was sometimes hard to see what was going on.

Great job, everyone!
  • N_L_NovaN_L_Nova Posts: 5 New Member
    edited November 2010
    @jessk328 : Oh wow. :shock: Thank you very much. :D

And, Congratulations to everyone on your wonderful entries.
  • jessk328jessk328 Posts: 249 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Halloween Showcase: Beginner

Comments/Critique:

Angelnga169
    This is a very cool castle! In the daytime, it looks pretty nice, but those night pictures are spooky! The fog and creepy trees are a great addition. Inside, most of your design choices were great and really fit the Halloween theme (dark colors, candle lighting). There were a few things that didn’t quite fit, though, like your modern bathroom fixtures and modern kitchen lights. And, the “hidden” upstairs room was a neat aspect, but I couldn’t see a way to get there!

Tootsoo
    I couldn’t judge your house because your pictures were gone! Based on the shots from your lot, the inside looked like a fun Halloween house. The exterior was a little plain, though. Please remember to keep those pictures until judging has been done! :(

The winner of this challenge is...
    Angelnga169!
    edited November 2010
    Creatures of the Night: Beginner

Comments/Critique:

Angelnga169
    Your build has a nice lived-in look to it. You did a nice job with the decorations. My favorite room was the dark media room. Some things in the house seemed a little “off”, though. You had very large hallway areas with not much in them, and your bedrooms had a lot of beds in them (made them look like dorm rooms). Builds don’t have to look like real-life houses (going a little fantasy-like is what makes it so fun), but they should still make sense for your Sims.

Jamscorp68
    Your house had an interesting layout to it, with some neat angles, which made it fun to look at. I really liked your bathrooms, you did a great job there! Your second bedroom didn’t really fit with the modern theme (looked almost like a cottage room). Also try to take more pictures so the judges can get a good idea of what every room looks like!

Steph_444444
    Your build had some cool architecture (I especially like the glass walkway), and nice clean lines throughout. The clean lines did get a little dull in some spots, and you could have used some variety in your bedrooms and bathrooms. The small green tiles in the pool and powder room were a little overwhelming…I’d keep a busy pattern like that to a minimum (like as an accent).

Tootsoo
    Your build also had some neat architecture, and I really liked the outside look of your house. Inside, though, I was left wanting more. It could be because you were short of the 5 bedrooms and 4 baths that were asked for…be sure to check all the requirements of the build!

The winner for this challenge is…
    Steph_444444!

You all had a great start here, and I hope to see entries from you in the Fall Designer Showdown! It’s great practice for improving your interior design skills!
  • mgolden27mgolden27 Posts: 369 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Congrats to all the new winners! What great builds! :)
  • stuartjames3011stuartjames3011 Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited November 2010
    no new posts here either. Confused. :shock:
    edited November 2010
    no new posts here either. Confused. :shock:

What are you looking for?
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited November 2010
    Scoiattolo
    Thank you again for the time you donate to judging. I very much appreciate it! As for night pics, I did not think of it. Duh, Halloween, dark, spooky........ geez, what a knob I am! :roll:

Thank You again

kim :D
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited November 2010
    Creatures of the Night - #72 & 73 Beginner-Intermediate

aussiedonna: A house this size should have approximately 30 pictures. I felt like I missed out on so much of the house because there were only 13 photos. You mixed the requested black and white well with the blue you chose. The interiors are very modern from the choice of furniture to patterns and textures; I really enjoyed the shade of blue and patterns and textures you chose. The architecture is very modern and I love the unique shape of the house. Not too fond of the blue used for the driveway/parking lot. Perhaps black would have been more acceptable.

izzie_110: The architecture is amazing! Very modern; the house has a unique shape. The overall layout of the house is fantastic. I love the large windows. I found your choice of patterns for the interior walls and floors to be busy. They made the house feel more like an art deco than a modern. Moderns tend to have more solid textures and colors than patterns. I feel the kitchen in the entertainment/pool area should be slightly bigger to accommodate as many guests as possible... after all, the house does include 5 bedrooms with double beds.

AND THE WINNER IS...

aussiedonna

• stuartjames3011stuartjames3011 Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited December 2010
    Where are the results for Creatures of the Night?! :shock:
    edited December 2010
    Where are the results for Creatures of the Night?! :shock:

The results for the advanced category haven't been posted yet. I believe Kittkat is working on it.
    edited December 2010
    Fall Designer Showdown: Beginner

Only one entry this time around! Congrats to Jeca0111 for winning this challenge! Here are your comments and suggestions:

Jeca0111:
    You took what was a drab, uninteresting house and turned it into a cool and vibrant beach home! I liked your use of colors and patterns (the floral pattern upstairs looked really nice with the black border). I also liked how you changed the windows to large ones to take advantage of the great view. You might have added a curtain in the bathroom though, so the neighbors don’t get a show! Some things I might have changed…the brick pattern you used for the foundation was very busy and kind of distracting. Perhaps if it were all one color it wouldn’t feel that way? I also would have liked to see something out on the deck. I know if I lived in that house, I would spend a lot of time outside! And it would have been great to see your design of the landscaping to match the new design of the house. Overall, fantastic job on this redesign! I hope you keep entering and showing us what you’ve got!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top