Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else hide the fact that you play the Sims?

Comments

• HippieMama2HippieMama2 Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2009
    I was telling hubby about the new things I learned and he about laughed. He is a geek, but just does not get the sims. LOL, oh well more time for me to play.
  • SullySully Posts: 750 New Member
    edited June 2009
    DUDE, look at me.

I'm a freaking scene punk goth with a reputation at school.
    If anyone knew what I was doing at home...

I'd be SO screwed, man.
  • missgracie361missgracie361 Posts: 448 New Member
    edited June 2009
    LOLOL! Sully, I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I have a 17 year old niece that I turned into a simmer. My brother is still mad at me and that was 5 years ago! I buy her every game and expansion, her very first project (she was 12) was to establish an "orphanage" of sorts.

Yeah, except for the fam, I'm in the closet. sshhhhhhhhh.....
  • HumoristHumorist Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm a nerd. No point in denying the games I play.
    Besides, it isn't as bad as Myspace.
  • GalileeGalilee Posts: 361 Member
    edited June 2009
    Sully wrote:
    DUDE, look at me.

I'm a freaking scene punk goth with a reputation at school.
    If anyone knew what I was doing at home...

I'd be SO screwed, man.

HAHAHAHA
  • cranberry11442cranberry11442 Posts: 313 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hah! No one knows, and I intend to keep it that way. I also have a reputation at school and if anyone where to find out I played video games...haha! I'd be screwed too. XD
  • RedpepperpalRedpepperpal Posts: 33 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I hide my Sims addiction......I love it but my friends say it's like 'playing Barbies', they like the first person-shoot and kill games....oh well, I like Sims too much to stop now..
  • GalileeGalilee Posts: 361 Member
    edited June 2009
    Hah! No one knows, and I intend to keep it that way. I also have a reputation at school and if anyone where to find out I played video games...haha! I'd be screwed too. XD

lol... the humor in all this, is they are all probably sitting home doing/thinking the same thing
  • orenjikittyorenjikitty Posts: 139 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Almost all my friends are gamers or nerds (males and females)so I dont have to hide the fact I play the Sims. In fact, there's a bunch of us who play and challenge each other on who can make the most outrageous characters or the most accurate representation of a person.
  • SHERIEASHERIEA Posts: 415 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am a Teacher and am 43. I so hide the fact that I play. I always tell people that my preteens play. The secret is they hate TS3 and love TS2. My husband and girls go along with the secret! :oops:
  • CokieRaeCokieRae Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Im a closet sims player. My boyfriend knows, along with one of my close friends, because she also plays =]
  • KelseyMeshellKelseyMeshell Posts: 752 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Most people I have no idea I play. Two of my close friends play, and I didn't even know that when I meet them. If someone asks me about it then I won't deny it... well actually there are some people I wouldn't tell. :roll: I was actually really happy to hear a group of people in my Spanish class talking about the best way to kill a sim. :lol: I think I'm uncomfortable about it because I'm worried people will think I have no life, so I live out my dreams with sims.
  • BizzairBizzair Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I owned the sims 1 and was always open about that, now that Im older when I bought this I hid it from my parents because I sold all my old ones saying they were a rip off and all the ex. packs are cheesey and rip you off. Then I turned around and bought #3 :P

But all my friends know it, even my co workers, I went on my lunch break to get it :P
  • LilyFlower8604LilyFlower8604 Posts: 68 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes, I do. I think I explained this once before on the Sims 2 forum. And actually on Tuesday when I went to purchase the game at Target, I kind of walked around the DVD section to make sure no one saw me pick up the game, and briskly walked to the checkout.

Before then, the only people who know I play it is my mom and one of my cousins (who thinks that I don't play anymore). I think I hide it, because the majority of my friends would regard it as lame. I'm a 23-year-old woman from the Detroit area, who is also in a sorority. I remember about two years ago, I was in my room in our sorority house playing the game when I heard a knock on the door. I quickly shut my laptop and went to answer the door. It was one of my sisters telling me about something that required me looking it up on my laptop. So as I prayed the game would've minimized with the laptop closed, I opened it to find the game was still running. I exitted out as quickly as I could as my sister asked what it was I was doing, when I explained, she looked at me as if I'd just admittted I had a **** addiction. I laughed it off and told her it was fun, to which she ardently demanded I delete the game and never tell anyone I played. I laughed at her and told her "yeah, okay, you're right, I'll stop." The funny thing is, one day when me and the girls were sitting around talking about our faults, that one sorority sister aluded to me and the game w/o going into detail. To me the whole thing was dumb and funny, and no one knew what she was talking about, but it is still a secret to almost everyone I know that I'm a Simmer -- and I like it that way....
  • luvzluvz Posts: 204 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes, I do. I think I explained this once before on the Sims 2 forum. And actually on Tuesday when I went to purchase the game at Target, I kind of walked around the DVD section to make sure no one saw me pick up the game, and briskly walked to the checkout.

Before then, the only people who know I play it is my mom and one of my cousins (who thinks that I don't play anymore). I think I hide it, because the majority of my friends would regard it as lame. I'm a 23-year-old woman from the Detroit area, who is also in a sorority. I remember about two years ago, I was in my room in our sorority house playing the game when I heard a knock on the door. I quickly shut my laptop and went to answer the door. It was one of my sisters telling me about something that required me looking it up on my laptop. So as I prayed the game would've minimized with the laptop closed, I opened it to find the game was still running. I exitted out as quickly as I could as my sister asked what it was I was doing, when I explained, she looked at me as if I'd just admittted I had a **** addiction. I laughed it off and told her it was fun, to which she ardently demanded I delete the game and never tell anyone I played. I laughed at her and told her "yeah, okay, you're right, I'll stop." The funny thing is, one day when me and the girls were sitting around talking about our faults, that one sorority sister aluded to me and the game w/o going into detail. To me the whole thing was dumb and funny, and no one knew what she was talking about, but it is still a secret to almost everyone I know that I'm a Simmer -- and I like it that way....

Haha, that happened to me yesterday. I alt tabbed while my monitor was off and prayed that it worked. It did work, but if I ever got caught, I'd never hear the end of it.
  • HippieMama2HippieMama2 Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2009
    My hubby just laughed at me because I said I really did not want this one sim to die since I have put so much work into the life story, lol. He just does not get the game.
  • BusterJimmyDaisyBusterJimmyDaisy Posts: 172 New Member
    edited June 2009
    :oops: Not really, just around my bffs. Today one of my friends showed their mom my Sims3 game and I got it back and sat it down as quick as I coud without being rude. :lol:
  • nccsbballplayr18nccsbballplayr18 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Most of my relatives && close friends know, but when it comes to my sports friends its not something that usually comes up in a conversation (: haha. Luckily I can come on here && talk about such addictions ;D
  • Beldar4214Beldar4214 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I understand keeping secrets from people, but you shouldn't have to hide a game from people... especially if it was Sims 3...

I can understand if you went and bought something like the Playboy game, if you're actually proud of playing a game like that you're nuts. But Sims? Theres nothing wrong with the Sims that somehow makes you a... "lower part of society" or something... If someone is gonna judge you because of a game you like to play, you shouldn't even talk to them.

I could never hide my Sims from anyone... People "walk in" on me playing Sims on the time, usually they sit down next to me, open up my laptop, and start playing too.
  • stroh865stroh865 Posts: 126 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I kinda feel like I'm too old for it (26), but I've been playing since Day 1. Most people know that I play and I don't really care all that much. My sister-in-law called me earlier after we'd each had a day or two to explore the game and we gushed about it for an hour! lol. :mrgreen:
  • devidevi Posts: 4,721 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't, most of my friends don't even know what the sims are...
  • alycecarrollalycecarroll Posts: 305 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh hey, I just thought of another aspect of the game that I don't tell people about or really share: the life stories of my favorite Sims.

In TS2, with the Photo Album option, there were a few families whose lives were just so twisted and tangled and full of drama.. I felt kind of trashy taking any sort of enjoyment from their misery, let alone provoking it and recording it!

One night while arranging some pics my husband walked in to ask me about dinner, saw pictures of Sims on the screen and asked what I was doing. The pics were of young Lilith Pleasant breaking up with her boyfriend, flirting with her twin sister's boyfriend, her transition to adulthood (during the party she got in a fight with her ex, then fought with her sister), woohooing with her sister's boyfriend, fighting with her sister, getting pregnant with her sister's boyfriend's baby.. a whole sordid affair that I'd spent all day working on. I shut the Album and turned away from the computer, which immediately made him suspicious, but I felt awful - like "If I describe this to him he's going to think I'm completely whacko." lol.

So, I never really spoke to non-Simmers about my Sims' lives, afraid that it might make me come off as creepy or twisted. More so than usual, anyhow. ;)

Same thing with describing how I killed off a Sim or an entire Sim family. Non-Simmers are not privy to those discussions. lol.
  • Liltab1121Liltab1121 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited June 2009
    IanC wrote:
    Im a 27 yo male who plays The Sims 3 and watches football.

Ha, i hate football...

Im a 17 yo male who loves the sims though :shock: :shock: :shock:

Im not the least bit ashamed of the game however, to answer the post. How is the sims any different from any other video game? I mean, if your that worried, just tell your friends, MAN I WAS PLAYIN THE SIMS, MY PEOPLE SCREWED EACH OTHER!

SOunds rated g lol, might help :wink:
    259g3le.gif
  • juicyoxjuicyjuicyoxjuicy Posts: 117 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I hide it :x haha i've played ever since sims 1 and none of my friends know. my one friend knew i used to play sims 2 cus she had the sims 1 and i told her how cool the sims 2 was haha but thats it. i even get embarassed in front of my parents lol. thats why i ordered my copy online! i think its embarassing because i'm 18 and just graduated high school and i also have an image to upkeep. it's just funny to me because i actually do have a life and go out all the time and my friends would NOT understand! haha but since ive gotten the sims 3 i've played like, all day since it came out. and it came out on my graduation so as soon as i got home i was like AH SIMS!
  • bodiebethbodiebeth Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    aj12ski wrote:
    *Guiltily raises hand*

hehe, I'm in high school... it's a tad wierd...

Guilty as charged!!