Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge for TS3

Pinstar here just checking in to see how everyone is enjoying the new game. Yes I may have dropped off the face of the simearth but I'm back.

I just wanted to announce that I am going to be making a Legacy Challenge for TS3. in fact it is currently in the writing and play testing phases at the moment.

I should have the rules posted within the next week or two.

As to what it will contain, I'm going to keep most of it a secret. If you are familiar with my Legacy Challenge for TS2 you'll be familiar with the theme and feel of the challenge, but there are some distinctly new aspects added to it (and quite a few bulky, annoying and cumbersome aspects stripped away too).

A hint for one of the new optional rules:

"Family Trait"

Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Twitter: @Pinstar
Youtube

This account is now maintained by Pinstar's wife, Mystic.

Twitter: @Sims_Legacy

Official Legacy Challenge Site

Comments

• blueyed_qt11blueyed_qt11 Posts: 116 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow thank you so much!!! I have been wondering about it and I'm so excited to make my first TS3 legacy family :-)
  • TassieTassie Posts: 49 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for the info! Glad that you migrated over here, Pinstar.
  • SimposterSimposter Posts: 306 New Member
    edited June 2009
    OOOoooo Can't wait!

I did enjoy the Legacy Challenge in TS2 :mrgreen:
  • McDanielsMcDaniels Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I never knew about the "legacy challenge" in ts2. Would anyone care to enlighten myself and everyone else who has no idea what this is?
  • Squirmy8494Squirmy8494 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's a fun, ten-generation challenge with a bunch of rules/restrictions.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yay for Pinstar! :D
    ... You don't know me. D:
    I never really completed a legacy in The Sims 2.. because I fail. lol
    But I definitely want to learn about the new rules, and see how The Sims 3 will work out. I was trying to start one up today, but for some reason my uploader..
    will not upload my pictures. :(

Well, I can't wait to see your official board for The Sims 3 Legacy Challenge!
    Thanks for sharing with us. :)
  • Tw1stTw1st Posts: 486 Member
    edited June 2009
    Oohh, I'm looking forward to trying a legacy S3 style. :wink:
  • camilleone22camilleone22 Posts: 166 Member
    edited June 2009
    Sounds like fun! :)
  • KnowitallSimKnowitallSim Posts: 42 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Cool, Pinstar. Legacy challenge seems like it would work well for TS3.
  • SHERIEASHERIEA Posts: 415 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I was just thinking, last night, that this game would be perfect for Legacy plus it would be a good way to get to know the game.
  • SimposterSimposter Posts: 306 New Member
    edited June 2009
    McDaniels wrote:
    I never knew about the "legacy challenge" in ts2. Would anyone care to enlighten myself and everyone else who has no idea what this is?

One of the first rules for the challenge in TS2 was you had to start with a single sim and meet a townie and build a relationship and get married and start a family. Then do that again for a total of 10 generations. You also couldn't use cheats and had to start on an empty lot. I hope my Prima Guide arrives before the rules for LegacyTS3 do or I may not even know HOW to move a sim into a required lot and start it :lol:
  • SillaSilla Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ooh, a sims 3 legacy challenge will be fun!
  • NicoletteSimsNicoletteSims Posts: 364 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm so excited!!
    I've been thinking about just creating one, not sure if another was coming out...
    BUT NOW IM THRILLED!!

It will take a bit longer, I find it takes longer to play than the sims2, but that's okay. =]
    Links on my wall:
    >>The Eastman's: Sun/Wed/Thurs>>Days Of Golden: Mon>>Catching Up With The Clarkes: Tues/Fri
  • cranberry11442cranberry11442 Posts: 313 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey, Pinstar! Good to see you here. ^^

I can't wait until you're finished. I would love to know the offical rule for my simmies legacies.
  • SerwynSerwyn Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I didn't ever play a legacy with the sims 2, but I'm a huge fan of apocalypse. I think that some of the sims 3 is just made for it; particularly the negative moodlets like going stir crazy from not leaving the house :wink:
  • BTFotoBTFoto Posts: 436 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Awesome, I can't wait! :)
  • Missaaliyah812Missaaliyah812 Posts: 618 Member
    edited June 2009
    I have been thinking about starting something for myself this week. What is great though, is when you move the non family heir out, they will just move on with their lives and the sims that your family know, will continue to have friends that grow up with them.
  • LadyMeldaLadyMelda Posts: 111 Member
    edited June 2009
    This is going to be awesome! Bring it on!
  • DJPiplupDJPiplup Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Good to see that you're back, Pinstar! I really enjoyed the Legacy challenge for The Sims 2 - The Black Sheep master bonus was my favorite - and will be eager to see how The Sims 3 Legacy Rules turn out. ;)
  • SimmerOfSimsSimmerOfSims Posts: 298 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks.

Cannot wait...
  • fryfrkhllyfryfrkhlly Posts: 659 Member
    edited June 2009
    I may actually have to try a legacy challenge!
  • savethetigers7121savethetigers7121 Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited June 2009
    yay!! a legacy sims 3 style! in sims 2 i tried like a million bagillion times. but failed... maxmotives... lol! i should do better though. =)
  • Simsgirl1707Simsgirl1707 Posts: 163 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I attempted a legacy in Sims 2, but my Dell crashed before I got too far. :x

I kind of already started a legacy... ish. I never used the money cheat, or any cheat. I didn't start on an empty lot because I didn't know how, but I moved them to an empty lot. My sims are married with a kid and another on the way.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new rules and if I can finally finish it. :D
  • McDanielsMcDaniels Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Simposter wrote:
    McDaniels wrote:

One of the first rules for the challenge in TS2 was you had to start with a single sim and meet a townie and build a relationship and get married and start a family. Then do that again for a total of 10 generations. You also couldn't use cheats and had to start on an empty lot. I hope my Prima Guide arrives before the rules for LegacyTS3 do or I may not even know HOW to move a sim into a required lot and start it :lol:

So how do you win, or what is the objective of the competition? Is it to see who can get the most net worth in 10 generations or something?
  • McNumMcNum Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    McDaniels wrote:
    Simposter wrote:
    McDaniels wrote:

So how do you win, or what is the objective of the competition? Is it to see who can get the most net worth in 10 generations or something?

Part of the challenge is to hit generation 10 in the first place. If the line is broken, the challenge fails.

But the Sims 2 Legacy had all sorts of semi arbitrary rules along the way. Like "Collect one of each ghost", "Roll a die to choose aspiration", "Collect one of each supernatural", "Buy but don't use as many Exlir of Life as you can, get 1 point per 25" and so on. Considering that Sims 3 is almost made for legacy style play, this could get interesting pretty fast. For each bonus objective you complete, you get a number of points. At the end of the challenge, tally up your points.

Oh dear... I have a horrible idea for an optional rule. "Epic Legacy". 10 generations, on Epic aging scale.