The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why doesn't my CC show up?

I just got late night and ever sense I got Ambitions, none of my CC has shown up. I removed all mods and hacks and have all my package files them in documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages but in the game I dont see any of them (mostly hair). Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make them show up?

Comments

• yoashmoyoashmo Posts: 528 Member
    edited November 2010
    do you have your resource file in your mods folder?
  • YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited November 2010
    And if you do have your resource file...is it the newest one? After Ambitions, you need a new resource file for your mods folder now that it is under Documents instead of Program Files.

If you don't have the newest one, or you aren't sure, you can DL a new one at MTS.
  • chichi56788chichi56788 Posts: 77 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Yahtzami wrote:
    And if you do have your resource file...is it the newest one? After Ambitions, you need a new resource file for your mods folder now that it is under Documents instead of Program Files.

If you don't have the newest one, or you aren't sure, you can DL a new one at MTS.

I defiantly have one...last updated 1/28/10...Im going to download the new one and see if that works. thanks!
    edited November 2010
    It still dosnt work. I uninstalled, and re installed. still, nothing works!
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited November 2010
    This is probably the first thing you checked when you started having the problem, but make sure you didn't check the box next to "Run without custom content" in the Uploads section of the Launcher.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    edited November 2010
    Stormkeep wrote:
    This is probably the first thing you checked when you started having the problem, but make sure you didn't check the box next to "Run without custom content" in the Uploads section of the Launcher.

It is unchecked. The sims 3 custom content files are working. It is the package files that are not working. :cry:
    edited November 2010
    Someone please help :!:
  • CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Open your resource.cfg with notepad. Does it contain this?:

Priority 500
    PackedFile Packages/*.package
    PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
    PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
    edited November 2010
    It does. Here is the whole thing.

Priority 501
    DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
    Priority 500
    PackedFile Packages/*.package
    PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
    PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
    Priority 499
    PackedFile Test/*.package
    PackedFile Test/*/*.package
    PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
    Priority -50
    PackedFile Probation/*.package
    PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
    PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
    PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
    Priority 500
    PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc
    edited November 2010
    bump
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited November 2010
    sometimes I've heard you have to delete the cache files from your game folder.
    And then relaunch your game? This may or may not have anything to do with your situation but it might help.

edited November 2010
    Ive tried that too :cry: ANy other suggestions?
    edited November 2010
    bump
    edited November 2010
    bump
  • baby_gurl17baby_gurl17 Posts: 217 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I'm having the same problem. I dont have late night and my game has all the patches. All my cc is in the right places and I have the resource.cfg file. Some of it shows up while the rest of it doesnt.
    Help!
    edited November 2010
    Im not sure what to do :cry:
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited November 2010
    Take all you mods out copying them to a folder on your desktop so your Packages folder is empty. Then try moving your mods/cc back to the Packages folder bit by bit (in sections). Maybe start with hair, then clothes, etc... then start the game to see if that bit it there.

I have mine categorized to narrow down what works and what doesn't. I never put all my cc/mods back right away I like to make sure the game is working first then I put it back piece by piece.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • jonpaul729jonpaul729 Posts: 4 New Member
    After an update, I knew that I had to enable script mods, and regular mods, but it was already enabled, (which I thought was weird) so, I went into CAS, and I looked for my cc, but it was not there. I have a ton of cc, but I don't think that is a problem. I tried resetting my game, pulling the mods in and out of the folder, I have no idea what the heck happened, or what I should do, I really need your help!
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    jonpaul729 wrote: »
    After an update, I knew that I had to enable script mods, and regular mods, but it was already enabled, (which I thought was weird) so, I went into CAS, and I looked for my cc, but it was not there. I have a ton of cc, but I don't think that is a problem. I tried resetting my game, pulling the mods in and out of the folder, I have no idea what the heck happened, or what I should do, I really need your help!

@jonpaul729, what Sims game are you playing? If it's Sims 4, then it's best to ask about it over in The Sims 4 section as this is an old thread from 2010 for The Sims 3.

And you could also ask abut your issue in one of these 2 threads, either TS3 if you're playing TS3 or TS4.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-modding-and-custom-content

And for anyone who may have any issues with either TS3 or TS4, these are links for New Members to post their issues in.
    Sims 3 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest
    Sims 4 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878318/thread-for-new-members-to-post-game-issues#latest
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Thanks for the resources @lisasc360! Since this thread is super old, I have closed it but hopefully the resources linked help you out @jonpaul729. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top