Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Site Search issue

ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
Okay, on TS2.com we were able to search the forums by author name or topic, now it would seem that we can only search by topic on this site. I'm having a hard time finding all my posts because I don't remember what all the topics were, and the one that I could remember didn't turn up any results when I searched for that topic. So it would be really nice to have that search feature back, where I type in "elmawa" and it comes up with everything I've posted or responded to in the last 2-90 days. I had a problem that I'd posted about a couple days ago, and I can't relocate the thread to check for answers...so, yea, frustrated. Every time I try searching my screen name it comes up with "0 results", I don't much feel like sifting through all the newer threads posted since my last visit because that could take a very long time. So, if ya'll could add "search forums by author/member name" that would be fantastic!

Thanks!

P.S. I know that you can ask to be notified when a reply is posted, but I'd like to keep that disabled since I don't want my email getting flooded, so, if we're going to have notifications, which I do think is a good idea, personally I would prefer that the notifications be sent to our "my page" instead of email. If I'm curious about replies to my posts, I'm going to come here anyways, and it would be really swell to be able to check my "My Page" and see which, if any of my threads have been responded to right from there. Thanks again! I don't know if I'll ever find this again, but thanks for any replies anyways...

Comments

• TheSilverKnightTheSilverKnight Posts: 24 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have noticed this issue as well. Personally the only forum systems that I think are competent are the ones Blizzard uses and any site using YaBBS.

And this lack of a functioning search system makes me look like an *** because I have been yelling at people for posting new threads when there are several for their topics.

And even searching for topic names doesn't seem to work becasue I searceh for my own posts by using Music as my search term and there are only 3 threads that I have counted with music in the title in this board and got 0 results.

Needles to say this board needs some fixing and a handful of moderators.
  • ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited June 2009
    haha, after the fact I figured out that you can bookmark threads and find them again pretty easily that way, but still, we should be able to make searches of the forum based on topics, OR member name. But yeah, SilverKnight, the issue I'd mentioned that I couldn't find again was abouts "stairs" and I searched for that word, as well as stairway, and stiar (in case I misspelled it when I posted)and I still could not find my post in question. So, I still have not found my answer for that question, lol.