Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Installation on Vista?

My sister and I bought copies of the Sims 3 this week. I installed my copy on my Mac, and it is working beautifully. My sister, however, can't get her copy to install on Vista. When she puts the disc into the drive, nothing pops up. There's no installation menu or anything. I tried going to the run menu and typing in "Sims3Setup.exe" but that doesn't seem to work either. It says that it can't find "sims3setup.exe", so perhaps I'm typing in something wrong? Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas at all?

$50 down the drain? :(

Comments

• james123433james123433 Posts: 382 Member
    edited June 2009
    Sadly some pcs are having issues when reading the disc it worked in your mac at least :P
  • ashlynwashereashlynwashere Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Drat. Is there anything I can do?
  • AstromiciAstromici Posts: 114 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No it's just the autorun turned off. Go to My Computer and Double Click on the disk.
  • Cranberryred2001Cranberryred2001 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If going to My Computer and clicking on the disk drive does not work. Try restarting your PC with the game still in the drive and then go to My Computer and click on the drive,either double-click on it or right click it and select open. That is what I had to do to install it on vista.
  • ashlynwashereashlynwashere Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you so much! I restarted the computer with the disc in and then right clicked on the drive. It worked! Hooray!