March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the one thing I don't like so far

You can only play 4 households. What happens to all the babies my insane Sim is having? Only 3 can get married and move out? What will become of the others? I really hope someone has some insight into this as I haven't had time to really play to figure this out. Another question, If I get tired of playing those Sims and want to play another city, do I have to delete all those households? :thumbdown:

Comments

• devidevi Posts: 4,721 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If you want to play another city you don't have to delete them just save it to another slot
  • SHERIEASHERIEA Posts: 415 New Member
    edited June 2009
    But you only get 4 slots so you still can only play 4 households whether it be in one town or two. So if you fill up those slots with the one family........
  • mjwhittmjwhitt Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    SHERIEA wrote:
    But you only get 4 slots so you still can only play 4 households whether it be in one town or two. So if you fill up those slots with the one family........

Each of the 4 slots is a "saved game" for a whole town. You can switch between households within 1 saved game/town. Each of the 4 slots is a completely different town/story line.
  • StraytalkStraytalk Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I noticed this and was very sad... then i realized i was simply not looking in the right place for what i needed.

if your playing the game click the ... button and then hit edit town. From there on the left is a button of two houses. Click it and itll let you switch the active household. This is definitely something quality control shoulda picked up on because ALOT of people think they have to make a NEW city each time they wanna play a new family!
  • devidevi Posts: 4,721 New Member
    edited June 2009
    mjwhitt wrote:
    SHERIEA wrote:

Each of the 4 slots is a "saved game" for a whole town. You can switch between households within 1 saved game/town. Each of the 4 slots is a completely different town/story line.

This
  • SHERIEASHERIEA Posts: 415 New Member
    edited June 2009
    thank-you that makes me feel better
  • ampie90ampie90 Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It took me awhile to figure out how to switch families. Finally, my brother was looking at the game and figured it out.

You can switch between households in a town by going to the options menu->edit town. there's a button to change the active household. From there you have the option to create a new family, play an existing household, or move in a household.

• Nashville_KittensNashville_Kittens Posts: 380
    edited May 2010
    really? i dont like the only 4 slots thing either.
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited May 2010
    it is not only four slots. read the whole thread
  • Sandy0038Sandy0038 Posts: 1,430 Member
    edited May 2010
    i do have a question, what if you want to delete any of those slots, can you and how do you delete a slot?
  • KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited May 2010
    As others have said, there is a "Switch Active Household" button in "Edit Town" under the "..." options button.

Also, there is not only just 4 slots. You can have many save slots. Once you reach the 5th slot, a small arrow appears on the right to guide you to the next set.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited May 2010
    Another Thread Resurrection from Nashville Kittens, quickly earning his/her (?) Shaman's degree in bringing the dead back to life.