Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Late Night Glitch - Sim Pauses

Hello, There is a SERIOUS glitch in the new Late Night Expansion.
Glitch is simple and frustrating. Basically when my sim is given a Action, he stands.... waits.... and acts after about 40 Minutes. THEN he moves and freezes mid walk/mid action.

Attached is a video from my game play

Ive been through the forums and have seen this is a problem with others. I have Re installed Night Life. I have Removed All Custom Content Manually by pulling it from the directory. And STILL it doesnt work properly. Installed is Sims 3 Base Game, World Adventures, and Late Night. I NEVER had this problem with World Adventures or the base game.
Also, Is there a patch or something ? Because Auto Update has NOT found one.

Comments

• Xander_SXander_S Posts: 2 New Member
    edited November 2010
    The SAME exact thing happens to me. No problems until AFTER I installed Late Night. It takes 2 sim hours for my sim just to get up from a stool and go to the bathroom. Because of these pauses, my sims have been hours late for work (even with a teleporter) and have ****** themselves more than once even when I tell them to go to the bathroom LONG before they reach critical. Seriously, EA...FIX THIS. My interest in playing your game (and buying your expansions) is being tested.
  • ChemicalwibsChemicalwibs Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited November 2010
    Yup, happens to me as well. But it seems to come and go with me. And it's usually worst when I first start playing, and after I've played for a while there's less pausing. But seriously, this needs to be fixed. I had my sim make breakfast, he started just before 9am and finally sat down to eat it after 1pm - and by that time he was starving. 4 hours to cook a meal now?! Not to mention how long it can take them to feed the toddlers, and putting them in their cribs... :( I've also started to send them out on the street when the carpool notice pops up, otherwise they'll be hours late for work.
    wibsandthesims.tumblr.com
  • pixelrpixelr Posts: 23 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Same here. At first I thought it was just my iMac being older (ie. 2g 'al') but from following the various threads that may not be the case. Also experiencing the other issues as well (unable to complete tasks because of missing lots, etc).
  • MissReena73MissReena73 Posts: 255 Member
    edited November 2010
    I am having a similar issue. Mine does not pause as much as you guys and gals have described, but it is really annoying.

It is like everything is jumping on me. There are 1 or 2 second jumps all the time. This gets really annoying when my sim is running or even driving to a job. I noticed it happening more and more lately. Even when she is sleeping, the zzzzz's jump as well.
  • alexis_jakealexis_jake Posts: 14
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, then I think this is a glitch. At first I thought it was my computer too, but then my computer isn't very old, I think it has a good graphics card, and I never had the problem with the base game. Other people experiencing the EXACT SAME thing just confirms it's a glitch. I hope EA makes a patch to fix this.... soon. It totally weighs down on the fun of the game.
  • cannibaleyescannibaleyes Posts: 350 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I think it's funny that everyone is complaining about this, because my game has been 100x slower than that the whole time. I didn't realize that they weren't supposed to pause like that until I saw my friend play it on his computer. xD

In my case, it is my computer, though. I'm getting a new one. =P
  • ShinqueeShinquee Posts: 11
    edited November 2010
    Yeah i send my sim to work.... (Actress) the actions (the queue thing) just disappear so they can't go to work. And in one apartment building, they get stuck in the planter! I tried the teleport cheat thing but that didn't work either. so i have to use moveobjects on cheat to get them out!
  • ladiowlladiowl Posts: 3 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I to am having the same problem ~ it takes them forever to do something and it gets frustrating ~ we spend alot on these games and you would think SOMEONE would address these issues !
  • ViolentC08ViolentC08 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I have the same problem, but only when I play in Bridgeport. If you download Barnacle Bay from the Store, you can do all the celebrity stuff there with no lag. It sucks that you have to shell out more money just to get this game to work, but it's pretty fun when it works!
  • SimsFreak159SimsFreak159 Posts: 46 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I have the EXACT like so similar problem. Which sucks because my sim is a VAMPIRE and I cant even get him inside before the sun reaches him either... And I can not even visit any clubs because once he gets there its CLOSED!!
    EA FIX THIS PROBLEM PRONTO!
  • fdemarfdemar Posts: 74 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I'm far from a computer genius, however my Mac is new and pretty high functioning and I'm noticing lag as well. I've heard as one installs more EPs and Stuff Packs generally the game performs more poorly. Could this be what we're seeing?
  • EN55EN55 Posts: 1,270 New Member
    edited November 2010
    ^ so is mine, and its does this, it cant be the computer because other sims walk perfectly fine when your sim pauses.
  • gac4simsgac4sims Posts: 39 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I'm having the same problem - I searched around the city (at night) and reset sims that looked like they were stuck. This seemed to help (very little). Maybe you may have better luck. :?
  • chrismandotcomchrismandotcom Posts: 10
    edited November 2010
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm going to try to call Tech Support on Monday to see what they say. I've done everything I can, I'm pretty good with computers. Im considering asking for a refund because the game is NOT FUNCTIONAL. You hear that EA ? It worked perfectly before. so PLEASE fix this or at least reply to us here and let us know we are being heard.
  • juicyoxjuicyjuicyoxjuicy Posts: 117 New Member
    edited November 2010
    it's reassuring to know others are having the same problem. it definitely must be a glitch with Late Night, because I know my computer has the memory since I've run Ambitions previously (not anymore). my computer can handle the base game and 1 expansion pack so I don't understand why it can't now I'm playing with LN. the lag is so terrible i can't even play the game :( i've tried everything, got rid of all CC, settings on low... what a waste of $40
  • juicyoxjuicyjuicyoxjuicy Posts: 117 New Member
    edited November 2010
    i've even tried twallan's overwatch mod to get rid of the abandoned cars and etc (according to other threads that may cause lagging) but it doesn't help at all since it says there is no abandoned cars.
    edited November 2010
    i've even tried twallan's overwatch mod to get rid of the abandoned cars and etc (according to other threads that may cause lagging) but it doesn't help at all since it says there is no abandoned cars.

Yeah, I just got that too after reading about it in another thread. It only found 21 cars in my game, so I doubt it helped much. But I'm keeping it anyway, it has some other features I like. And it's also reassuring that this is not a Mac issue only, PC people are experiencing this too.
  • DaiyuDaiyu Posts: 771 Member
    edited November 2010
    I would like to try Overwatch, as I'm getting desperate now and tired of waiting for a patch. What I don't seem to be able to work out, is how is it installed for a Mac? I have looked around and it seems it's only for PC's, I see no install instructions for Mac...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edit: Nevermind, I searched and found instructions (nothing that specifically mentioned Mac install), but it works! I noticed an immediate improvement, 1,186 cars removed :shock:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited November 2010
    Ouh whats this Overwatch thing? Has it worked for you all? and where can I get it? XD
    edited November 2010
    Ouh whats this Overwatch thing? Has it worked for you all? and where can I get it? XD

Here:

http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=4685.0
  • LunastausLunastaus Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    Well, this forum has filled up with all user responses so far, and still EA has not bothered to come on and comment in the least like they even care. Seems they don't care about mac users because of an inferiority complex that Microsoft and Windows users/developers have when they have to make products compatible with Macs, they simply intentionally make an inferior quality product to make the superior line of computers look bad. I am agitated that they don't do more for mac users when macs are designed to support graphics of a higher grade than pcs, which is why i switched. I saw the light and converted from evil Microsoft and joined the ranks of the computer elite on Mac. EA should do the same and get with the program. I contact their help for things, and im told to post on the forums but I don't see a lot of responses. Of course now that I said this, I'll have put my foot in mouth and they'll respond. I'm losing faith in the company and doubt i will be purchasing any more stuff packs or expansions, especially with the rip off simstore. If you add up the price for one full themed set (around 1500) sim points, its $15.00 almost the price of a full stuff pack with far more objects/sim upgrades. What the heck is up with that? Only thing I may consider buying sim related is Medievel when it comes out, and even that I am having doubts with. Sorry EA, i like the sims, but I am getting more and more dissappointed with this product line and avoid purchasing other EA games for the same reason.
  • StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hi everyone.

I have the same problem; Sims takes forever to do small things, its difficult to make them happy and get skills, and it seems impossible to have a job in late night if your sim actually want to go out. Im already a bit bored playing LN because of this, so hope it get fixed soon. Does any of you also have problems about empty clubs?

I have been participating in the Late Night forum about the bugs and glitches, and it seems as there is awareness about the freeze issues. But if you think they dont pay attention here, go to LN and post the problem. There is a sticky about LN problems and there youll find different links where you can post different issues, as pausing/freezing.
    Just remember to write your on a Mac :)
  • kimbalenakimbalena Posts: 3 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I'm glad it's not just me having this problem. I'm running on a brand new iMac and I was getting mad because I thought it was my graphics card. I'm having similar issues with pausing and freezes. I've had to exit the game a few times without saving because the reset cheat doesn't work. Hopefully they'll get their act together and work on a patch for us. I'm totally disappointed in the quality of this latest EP.
    edited November 2010
    Lunastaus wrote:
    Well, this forum has filled up with all user responses so far, and still EA has not bothered to come on and comment in the least like they even care. Seems they don't care about mac users because of an inferiority complex that Microsoft and Windows users/developers have when they have to make products compatible with Macs, they simply intentionally make an inferior quality product to make the superior line of computers look bad. I am agitated that they don't do more for mac users when macs are designed to support graphics of a higher grade than pcs, which is why i switched. I saw the light and converted from evil Microsoft and joined the ranks of the computer elite on Mac. EA should do the same and get with the program. I contact their help for things, and im told to post on the forums but I don't see a lot of responses. Of course now that I said this, I'll have put my foot in mouth and they'll respond. I'm losing faith in the company and doubt i will be purchasing any more stuff packs or expansions, especially with the rip off simstore. If you add up the price for one full themed set (around 1500) sim points, its $15.00 almost the price of a full stuff pack with far more objects/sim upgrades. What the heck is up with that? Only thing I may consider buying sim related is Medievel when it comes out, and even that I am having doubts with. Sorry EA, i like the sims, but I am getting more and more dissappointed with this product line and avoid purchasing other EA games for the same reason.

Im very disappointed too. It looks like Windows Users are having this problem too. So overall they are ignoring us.
  • lilyirvinglilyirving Posts: 15 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Just chiming in to say this is happening for me too, in SPADES. I've noticed lag before, but nowhere NEAR the levels after installing LN.

One (celebrity) sim was asked to go dance at a club for 3 hours. He got out of work at 6 and I had "go to club" waiting in his queue. I think it was around 9:30 by the time he got there. Then he wouldn't go upstairs. He just stood in the lobby. I told him to "go here" (into the club), I told him to go to one floor via the elevator, I told him to go to a different floor, I tried to get him to walk into the elevator in hopes it would just take him up. He just stood in the lobby twiddling his thumbs, thinking about stuff, yawning, being hungry, for like, 3 more hours. I finally, FINALLY got him to go up to the club. I was about to tell him to go dance when I realized there weren't 3 hours left before the club would close. So I sent him back home.

Meanwhile, his girlfriend was asked to pass out flyers at a bar for work. The place opened at 5. I had her leave work at 4. It was like 7 by the time she got there. Like 10 Sims, including bartenders and bouncers, were standing outside, mostly crying about how they had to pee and/or were hungry. After watching her stand around in the lobby for a little while I decided she could just as easily pass out flyers on the street, since that's where all the NPCs were stuck anyway, so I had her leave the lobby and go back outside. That took, oh, two hours. I had her pass out a flyer. She just stood there. I queued up a few more flyers. She stood there for hours and hours and hours. Finally around 2 am I decided to send her home. She did not pass out a single flyer.

Most of the time I now send sims home by doing "resetsim firstname lastname," because it just takes too freaking long for them to go home on their own. That puts them in front of their building. Of course it usually still takes another hour or two for them to get upstairs, and for them to get in bed. It was around 5:30 am before both of these guys finally went to sleep. Meanwhile, she didn't do her work, and he didn't get the celeb credit or whatever for dancing in the club. This has happened, like, 20 times.

The subway system does NOT help, because now that Sims have like 1-3 hours of lag before doing an action, the subway is just more actions, which stacks up the lag. If my sims are lucky enough to catch the carpool, it takes them straight to work (and once they finally get IN the car, and begin the action, the action happens without a problem), but that almost never happens because they can't make it downstairs that fast. I could send them down earlier, but usually they're exhausted from having gotten home at 5:30 am.

This isn't even counting the REAL glitches I've had, like the time one got stuck in the elevator for an entire day (it was after that that I learned about resetsim), or, you know, when I had to reinstall the entire game before it would even open. It's now working properly. And it's FUN when it works! I love Late Night. I would love do all the things in it. I am in love with high-rise living (the elevators, when they work, are groovy), I love the dance clubs, I love the celebrity stuff, I love the mini-quests you're asked to do. It's just incredibly, incredibly laggy, and every time I play it I'm usually in a horrible mood by the time I'm done. Like now.

The lagging between actions problem has existed since the base game. This is not something that ever happened in Sims 2 -- not that Sims 2 didn't have plenty of moments of slowness, but that pause between actions was just not how the game was constructed. But though the lag has always been there in Sims 3, it has been minuscule. Now it's just getting ridiculous. Add to that the fact that the elevators often don't work and are very slow, the fact that the bars close before you can get them to do anything, and sims insisting on riding the subway at ridiculous times (sometimes when they're right next to the building they want to go to! Yet they run in the opposite direction, to the train), and it's just an extremely frustrating experience.

I also think some of the meters are off -- I don't think their expensive bed is making them any more rested than the cheap bed was doing, and my Athletic sim spent like 8 hours on the treadmill (he was asked to go work out at the gym for 4 hours for celeb points, and once he finally got up there hours later, he did 3.88 hours on the treadmill and then was too tired to continue -- AAAAARRGGGHHH) and hasn't even reached one athletics skill point. It does seem to me that their needs are deteriorating faster than normal, but that's harder to quantify. (In any case, though -- I LOVE the feature of World Adventures that need decay slows way way down when a sim is in a tomb doing a quest -- I wish they had chosen to make this happen at the clubs/bars as well. And also not to have open such limited hours.)

I'd say a patch is needed, yes please. If NOTHING else, a cheat along the lines of moveobjects that allowed us to move sims around outside of their home lots would pretty much fix everything. Of course, I'd have to manually move them everywhere, which is stupid, but at least it would allow me to avoid the $@*%ing elevators and subways.

I feel so silly working myself into a lather over tiny imaginary people and their tiny elevators and subways and dance clubs and movie flyers and treadmills and toilets and cooking manuals. This is only a game -- I know. But I sit down to play it and have it be fun, and it is fun, and I want to do it, and then it starts throwing little annoyances at me and before I know I'm swearing at a little robot to get in the f&^@ing shower before I kill him.

Sorry for the rant -- it's been building a few days now. :P

ETA: Forgot to add that the old problem of the 3-speed not working very well is back. I am back to keeping a book at the computer desk so I can read it while they sleep. Bit of a momentum-killer.
    Post edited by Unknown User on