Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS2 Recreation: The Pleasant Family and their House

qwertyuiopqwertyuiop Posts: 9 New Member
Hey Everyone!

I remade the Pleasant Family and their house from The Sims 2. The house is the same size its almost an exact replica. I had Sims 2 playing on my laptop and built it in TS3 on my PC which helped to make it the right size and everything.

The house now has a 2 car garage with a media room above it. Some colors of walls are a little different due to the new game, also some items are a little different but it looks pretty close to the original. The house has 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms. It's a great house for a 4 sim family.

The new traits in The Sims 3 worked perfectly for the family. There's Daniel the Athletic Flirty Sim with commitment issues. Then there is the more family oriented Mary-Sue who wants to lead the free world. Also both of their twin daughters, the friendly Angela Pleasant, and very angry and mean spirited Lilith.

Here are the links:
House
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=20335

The Pleasant Family
http://www.thesims3.com/asetDetail.html?assetId=14207

2i9o2z5.jpg

Comments

• Missaaliyah812Missaaliyah812 Posts: 618 Member
    edited June 2009
    That is simply amazing. Which neighbourhood is the real family in the Sim 3, is that Riverview?
  • JesusFreakPaul90JesusFreakPaul90 Posts: 249 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks so much! :mrgreen:

I was very disappointed not to see the Pleasant's return as their younger selves in Sims 3. :x :cry:

This home is perfect. Thanks again. Although I'm going to spend a LOT of time recreating the Pleasant family from scratch (Jeff, Diane, from the original Sims, Mary-Sue's parent's the Oldie's, and the Burb's).

Too many pre-made's missing. :cry:
  • qwertyuiopqwertyuiop Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yep I built it in Riverview. I made a copy and put it on a lot by the river and it looked even nicer with the river in the background. The new neighborhood views you can get in this game are so much better than TS2.

I forgot about the Oldie's and the rest of their family haha. I liked the TS2 pre made families so much better though. I haven't even played as the new ones yet lol.
  • derykrenalnderykrenaln Posts: 538 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That's great qwerty! It actually looks better than the TS2 version. I too am going to do the grandparents and parents of the Pleasant family, also Brandi Broke and the rest of the Pleasantview gang. I think I'll split them up between Sunset Valley and Riverview. I don't think it'd be very realistic to have everyone living in the same town and then they all move to Pleasantview in the future.

Great job again!
  • mutantleadermutantleader Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Great creation. The Pleasants were my favorite family members from S2.
  • AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow, great job!
  • qwertyuiopqwertyuiop Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you for all the compliments!

And hey does anyone know how to get the objects you put in the house to stay when you upload them because it looks like it removes all the furniture. I seem to remember being able to upload houses with furniture on the TS2 exchange.
  • JesusFreakPaul90JesusFreakPaul90 Posts: 249 New Member
    edited June 2009
    qwertyuiop wrote:
    I liked the TS2 pre made families so much better though. I haven't even played as the new ones yet lol.

Yeah so do I. I made a rant about the pre-mades here and the lack of them including the Pleasant's.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/6231.page
  • fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey qwertyuiop,

I never spent anytime with the pleasant's as I rather make my own sims but the house you built looks very stately. A pleasant home I must say, pun intended.

I gave it a recommend. I'll be looking forward to your future builds in TS3.

fidlerten
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png