Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Couldn't you at least make a sticky so we know you're doing something to fix this failure of a game?

JayJJayJ Posts: 15 New Member
Honestly. Like over half of us can't properly install the game or it crashes constantly. A little reassurance would be nice... I feel like we're all totally being ignored and it's making me REALLY ticked. I waited for this?! I paid $50 for this?

Figure out how to properly create a product and sell it. Postponing the release date four months in order to advertise for a game that won't even work when it finally came out... I'm disgusted. I guess this is what happens when EA develops the game in its own studios... put Maxis back in charge of The Sims label!

EDIT: And before anyone tells me to quit whining, note how there are 112 pages in the "Tech Help" section... and the game has been out for 2 days. This is redic.

Comments

• mikes1987mikes1987 Posts: 854 Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree! I mean half the people I have read with their posts haev the same thing I do not able to play in "Live mode"....I mwean and then this `1 girl got a reply to her e-mail from EA and they said she needed a better graphics card. Well her card was rad x600 which is what I have aswell. Now how come they tell her this when it says on the back of the **** box that it will work with that card....Somethings fishy I think. I assume they dont want to admit they F'ed up and insted they blame our comps soing so much.

In my eyes it seems that Maxis knew what they were doing well as of EA doesn't understand a **** thing! I paid 80 bucks cause I got the collecters edition and I want my game to work. So a patch notice saying "Is coming soon" would be nice other then the ignoring crap they are giving.

I know I'll probably get yelled t for this comment and yet I'm sorry EA but pull your head outta your butt!
  • TiffersTiffers Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Couldn't have said it better myself. As it is, we can't even be sure they're admitting there are issues with the game, since they continue to imply that the people having problems don't meet the minimum requirements. And if they don't believe there's an issue with the game, maybe they aren't even working on a patch.
  • JuleePieJuleePie Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree 100%. The lack of helpfulness from EA tech support and forum gurus is very discouraging.
  • phantasyemotionsphantasyemotions Posts: 277 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's revolting that any business would carry themselves on this way.
  • WhereAmIWhereAmI Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    As far as I know they havent released anything acknowledging that there are SERIOUS issues with the game, so even though I hope that im lying, i doubt they are working on a patch right now. Or they are going to take a long time, while we sit here with broken games.
  • TallahasseeTallahassee Posts: 48 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I AGREE! They also need to give us our F'King PATCHES! I mean , The GRAPHICS ON MY DELL INSPIRON **** BAD!
  • GartaukGartauk Posts: 25 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I completely and totally agree.

/bump

make this the official WTFEA thread
    edited June 2009
    I've been communitcating with a person on the help website they give and this is our speech Please I advise all simmers to read if they can!

Me: I'm curious if you guys are working on a patch for the game? A huge huge huge group of us are getting really really upset cause we can't play. Can you let me know if your working on a patch?

Them: Hi,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts

Any patch/updates will be posted on the game official site http://www.thesims3.com/.

If there is anythingelse we can help you with please let us know.

Thank you,

Temjen
    EA Online Support

Me: yes I know that but they havent even stated that they are making a patch yet. It is really upsetting all your customers. I ask that you talk to EA about posting if we are getting a patch soon or not. over 3/4ths your customers have been having crash related issues just like mine where they can't play "live mode" This is a game related issue. I'm not trying to yell or get mad I'm just saying please advise the others on the website if we are getting a patch soon otherwize your company will loose millions of dollars due to unhappy customers! If this is showing how EA games takes control of making a patch and not taking control of the fact that their game is wrong and its not our computers then you my friend have already lost a customer.

I Sims team needs to admit they are wrong and the customers are putting it in their **** faces!
  • GwenaphyrGwenaphyr Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree! I just want to play the game I spent 70 dollars on.

Bring Maxis back!
  • katenigma00katenigma00 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I don't know how you expect EA to fix problems they didn't create. The installation problems? Likely hardware/DVD driver issues. The crashes? Video Card driver issues and sub-minimum specs. The restarts of the computer? Overheating problems. What are they supposed to do, send techs to your house to fix these things for you? Because the people WITH problems may be vocal, but those of us without them outnumber you.
  • dyinggoldfishdyinggoldfish Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah I totally agree aswell. My partner suggest to try uploading it on Vista (as I uploaded it on the XP side)... so now I have to wait for it to upload...

it seemed to be crashing when Download Manager popped-up.

They seriously cannot expect us to wait for 4 months after its official release date and it not to work

has it worked with anyone yet?

I paid nz$120 for the collectors edition and it doesnt freaking work!
    get your act together! Geezus!
    edited June 2009
    No I dont expect that but in the game there are programing codes. Its what I'm leaning in college right now. Anyway the codes can accidentally cause things to malfunction yet over heat or what not. In the coding they need to fix where the video card uses more then it should meaning the crashes for our computers. the version another country got before america got it had the same crashing problem and they came out with a patch where its the long number and the last number went from 1 to 2 meaning a patch. After that patch was made no more crashings aswell as issues. Google Sims 3 Patches.
    edited June 2009
    Well what about the people who have fixed these said problems by process of elimination and they still aren't working. People are just trying to figure out whats going wrong with the game? or there computers...I'm sorry but there does seem to be a lot of the same problems going on for it to not be a game issue?

I guess we would need a patch to figure that out wouldn't we?
    edited June 2009
    correct. Due to the fact over half if not 75% of us have the load game and make a sim aswell as build mode working fine. And then we can't play live mode. It eems to me if more then 1000 ppl have this issue and it all basically acts the same then its NOT a comp issue but more of a gaming program error.
  • HerroKittyHerroKitty Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    can someone help me?
    i uninstalled the sims 3.
    then i went to reinstall it and it says i have an invalid code.
    :(
    edited June 2009
    plus this is EA we are talking about, they don't have a very good track record .. :roll:
  • WhereAmIWhereAmI Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Because the people WITH problems may be vocal, but those of us without them outnumber you.

Im pretty sure that if there are 117 pages in the tech forum with the game being out for 2 days, that there are ALOT of people with problems, not just a few. If we do not post our problems, how are they supposed to know what problems people have? I doubt they would release a patch if there were a few pages on the forum, but 117 means there is something wrong.
    edited June 2009
    true gwen! lol I mean half their games I'm amazed work let alone anything else. Sims 2 was made by them and it only worked because they had the creator of sims help make it! Let alone i'm betting maxis's staff worked for EA to help make the game. Sims 3 was all EA itself no maxis help I'm bettin.

As for your statement Herro II suggest you search your comp for any EA files if you don't have sims 2 on it and delete all those files. if anything else I suggest you contact EA about that I haven't had that issue even after I tried re installing it.
  • Monster79Monster79 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Finally got my game running decent after trying a fix in this thread:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/6062.page

BTW, my problem was the game would hard crash to a black screen/turn my monitor off. Turns out some conflict with the audio drivers causes issues. Not what I expected :-P
  • JayJJayJ Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It looks like they actually did what I asked! Well, probably not because of me, but it's nice to imagine!
  • brwnsugamama1brwnsugamama1 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    JayJ wrote:
    Honestly. Like over half of us can't properly install the game or it crashes constantly. A little reassurance would be nice... I feel like we're all totally being ignored and it's making me REALLY ticked. I waited for this?! I paid $50 for this?

Figure out how to properly create a product and sell it. Postponing the release date four months in order to advertise for a game that won't even work when it finally came out... I'm disgusted. I guess this is what happens when EA develops the game in its own studios... put Maxis back in charge of The Sims label!

EDIT: And before anyone tells me to quit whining, note how there are 112 pages in the "Tech Help" section... and the game has been out for 2 days. This is redic.

They absolutely need to put Maxis back in charge, u can tell this was an all EA game. I dont play Playstation but most people I know that play it hate EA's games and how when they take control they take away some of the best features of the game. Please give control back to Maxis PLEASE!!
  • SisalySisaly Posts: 148 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm glad they made a sticky.

For those of you saying that it's hardware issues, then why are TONS of us not even able to PLAY due to Authenication/Authorization Errors????

I installed my CE and started the game but after loading and getting to the neighborhood screen I get the Disk Authorization Failure. I JUST did a complete destructive recovery of my hard drive (due to virus) and uninstalled all Sonic, cleaned cookies and regisry, restarted and same fraking thing. Sooooo I'll just go ahead and blame EA for this royal **** up.
  • melanievabeachmelanievabeach Posts: 54 Member
    edited June 2009
    :roll: calm down. jeez... its just a game. patches take time.
  • mrsamlittlemrsamlittle Posts: 44 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I completely agree - this is just ridiculous my Game does not work and so does lots of other peoples so when are EA going to get there act together and give us what we need!
  • MaxyMonkey233MaxyMonkey233 Posts: 41 Member
    edited June 2009
    i agree, there is somthing wrong with this, game. :(

It locks down my PC When i go home, and i have to use TM to stop it, Is anybody expeirencing Lockdown?

I think its my VC its Nvidia GEFORCE GO 7400..

i paid 74 Euro on this thing!? Jesus! i thought Maxis made it!! :oops: